It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did North Korea just test a Nuke? YES they did!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hmmmm.....lots of variables here....this seems to be building in a hurry...too soon to tell if it's just another NK bluff..they're playing with fire, though...might be serious

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This could "go south," if you'll excuse the pun, very quickly. When countries are in a mess they have a habit of acting extremely rashly - Argentina, Iraq, to name a couple in recent history. NK are getting more and more desperate and more and more reckless as time goes on. Personally, I wish China would just give them a huge bitch-slap.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Still too early in the game to see what's going to happen. Whatever happens might occur while I am sleeping anyway. I have a strange gut feelng that China will invade NK. Not sure that that would make any outside sense, but I've learned to trust my instincts.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I have a question or two that may seem off topic, but with a wee bit a patience, you will see the direct connection.

Many of us have read of "hardened" electronics.
(This is what project's it from EMP burst from nuclear weapon or EMP bomb going off)

OK, now, does anyone know if the electronics used in a nuclear bomb are hardened.

We are used to protecting items from nuclear weapons/em's not the other way around.
(for the sake of argument, lets say they are not)

Now, question number two.
Many here have read of shaped charges in reference to bombs.
(this allow the full force of a bomb to be projected in one direction only)

Can an EMP bomb be set up to be like a shaped charge like a bomb???
(for the sake of argument, lets say yes)

Third question.
How far through earth/cement... can an EMP pulse travel.

I am sure by now many see where I am going with this.

I believe the factual answers to these question "may" significantly reduce the danger posed to the world by little kimmy.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

With tension in the region high, South Korea said it would join a U.S.-led initiative to intercept ships suspected of carrying weapons of mass destruction, something Pyongyang has warned it would consider a declaration of war.
Reuters

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Another one....

S ky News

The communist North's military said it will respond with "immediate, strong military measures" if the South stops and searches any North Korean ships under the Proliferation Security Initiative.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well the west has been waiting for 56 years now . Okay show us what you've got Mr KIJ

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It looks like war is inevitable now. Its very sobering to hear reports already of NK stepping up drills and SK forces moving to the border.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Anyone who have ever been to NK?
I have

So I have first hand impression about NK

Taking action against NK is not a clever idea,
directly threatening the safety of Kim himself will be more effective.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Oh # now Russia has announced it will " be taking preventative military measures in response to the nuclear test and in the event of an attack on South Korea. - INTERFAX

Its hotting up just when we needed it to die down.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
S. Korea vows to repel any N. Korean provocation near sea border

By Sam Kim
SEOUL, May 27 (Yonhap) -- South Korea maintains naval superiority over North Korea along their western sea border and will respond swiftly if the communist state attempts an armed provocation there, its officials said Wednesday.

North Korea said earlier in the day it will no longer guarantee the safety of U.S. and South Korean vessels in the waters off its southwestern coast.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gs001
Anyone who have ever been to NK?
I have

So I have first hand impression about NK

Taking action against NK is not a clever idea,
directly threatening the safety of Kim himself will be more effective.

So have I which is why I also know it is heavily chaperoned and they only let you see what they want you to see. A "first impression" is a fraction better than never being there at all.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
nuclear weapons dont frighten me.
they are an empty threat.

why kill your enemy when it will result in killing yourself?

to me, a smaller nation going nuclear just means the bullies on the block cant # with them anymore.

Hmm you contradict yourself. If it is an empty threat how would it stop people messing with them if they don't have the will to use it ? You see what I'm saying.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
No post for 7 hours? Jeez guys come on

Are we all to busy discussing "aliens" or the "NWO" instead of a real story?

Edit - we probably need to keep all posts on NK into one updates thread, i mean if swine flu can get 20,000 thousand replies i really think this story deserves more debate.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

All traffic seems to have moved to N. Korea: No longer bound by 1953 truce

[edit on 5-27-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Oh my bad, thankyou for the link.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Looks like Obama is failing another of the tests Biden warned us about.

I am sure Netanyahu is observing the situation with interest. If Obama wimps out on this, Netanyahu will know that he will have to act on his own.

Meanwhile, North Korea has declared that they are no longer bound by the 1953 Armistice that ended the Korean War. Obama has to respond for a multitude of reasons.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I kind of suspect it still wont happen for a while yet.

People who go on about sabre rattling need to explain why after efforts over the past decade to open up NK with trade and aid (especially by SK) have resulted in an outpouring of hate and threats ?

NK leadership is behaving like a mentally ill person. A mentally ill person with a nuclear weapon.

Now the people who say we should just ignore it and it will just go away... maybe they're mentally ill too ?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have been living in Japan for almost 12 years now. This really is a worry to me.The US is a toothless dog and has done, and will do nothing but chuck angry words about the room. We all know what this is about. If we go up against North Korea...we go up against China. Many people have predicted a US / China war. But neither country wants that (not at the moment anyway). So North Korea will continue to do as it wants, when it wants.
If the US and China can find some kind of common ground that effects both countries then, and only then, will strong action be taken.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtydogman
I have been living in Japan for almost 12 years now. This really is a worry to me.The US is a toothless dog and has done, and will do nothing but chuck angry words about the room. We all know what this is about. If we go up against North Korea...we go up against China. Many people have predicted a US / China war. But neither country wants that (not at the moment anyway). So North Korea will continue to do as it wants, when it wants.
If the US and China can find some kind of common ground that effects both countries then, and only then, will strong action be taken.

If USA use precise weapon to hit NK's nuclear facility instead of occupying it,
I think China won't do anything, because no one want a nuke-armed bedlamite as neighbor.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by gs001]

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join