It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did North Korea just test a Nuke? YES they did!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

They go and b*tch to the UN and cry maybe put a sanction down, or Obama gives a stern talking to Kim Jong Ill, and a don't do that again. Typical stuff. For some reason they don't mess with N.Korea as much as any other country.

You'd think if Iraq was really a threat we just guessed they had WoMD and we invaded out of suspicion, here N. Korea is testing Nukes, and well I feel the Gov't will just shrug a shoulder and leave it be.

Notice the starch contast Iraq-N. Korea- Iran, fullfilling conspiracy theorists with proof!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Don't know what post you are reading but this thread is about whether or not North Korea just tested a Nuke. Period.

There is nothing more to it as far as I can see.

I want to know ANY country that tests a nuke..

Wrong, this topic itself is fear mongering and many posts in it are guilty of the same thing.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I have stayed up late to catch any MSM on this but none yet.

I wonder how this will play out.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Come on guys, we need not worry if it's fear mongering or not, the OP was just stating that something out of the ordinary was going on and concluded a reasonable explanation which later panned out to be true.

We know the answer and we can discuss that, worring about if the OP is trying to scare us is useless only you can allow yourself to be scared, I sincerely doubt the OP is a fear mongerer.

link   
I guess this is just more evidence that when the kakka finally hits the rotary oscillators and things do go downhill, the internet, ATS specifically, will either be the place to get your info or it'll be the first place that TPTB knock off.

Where can I get my secret decoder ring?

link   

Yea but don't you see! They are the evil side that the movies always speak of. The ones with the evil music in the background.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk
"I have stayed up late to catch any MSM on this but none yet.

I wonder how this will play out."

CNN reports earthquake:
edition.cnn.com...

Nothing from the others yet!!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by komp_uk
I have stayed up late to catch any MSM on this but none yet.

I wonder how this will play out.

It was the lead story at 11:00 here on C.B.C. news but no details, only a short blurb.

Great job by the way, give yourself a pat or two on the back

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
its just hit the bbc website here in the uk . breaking news

"North Korea appears to have conducted a nuclear test, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reports.

The agency quoted an unnamed official from South Korea's ruling party.

The president of South Korea is reported to have convened an emergency security meeting"

great reporting

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Its now being reported in the Sydney Morning Herald, though no extra information.

N Korea conducts nuclear test: report

link   
Just did a quick check/search for those of you that think this is all fear-mongering-hatemongering that while we did sign a test ban treaty, North Korea refused. See link. . .

en.wikipedia.org...

link   
Sky news are now plastering it now

Yes. I mean No.. I hope this remains calm on the USA front.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

News of the test hit South Korean financial markets, sending the main KOSPI share index down four percent in late morning trade, while the won dropped more than 1 percent against the dollar.

www.reuters.com...

Good thing the markets are closed tomorrow, the market is so unpredictable I don't know what effect it would have on our economy.

But we know what effect it did on S. Korea.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
First of all, AMAZING JOB OP!!!!!

From The Guardian....last Friday....who predicted they would do this soon.....

IT IS SUCCESSFUL, OR PARTIALLY SUCCESSFUL
Analysts expect financial markets to take a hit, even if only briefly. That is especially the case in Japan where markets have been more sensitive than others to the North's displays of military prowess.
After the 2006 test most regional markets dropped, with the yen slumping to an eight-month low against the dollar and oil and gold prices moving up. Stock markets mostly fell across the region. The impact was short-lived but resurfaced two days later on speculation -- that proved incorrect -- of a second test.
This time, analysts say regional markets would dip again, including Japanese shares and currency. Most, however, believe it will blow over fairly quickly because although it adds to regional political tension, the test is not seen as having much material impact nor likely to lead to any outright military conflict.
It will, as North Korea is aware, trigger international condemnation, more U.N. sanctions and further upset China -- the only major country the North can claim as a benefactor and ally.

www.guardian.co.uk...

This analysis seems to be right on the money of what I would predict myself......

link   
Ok. We are all conspiracy readers...

How about the apparent suicide of the South Korean yesterday? Coincidence?

link   
reply to post by Republican08

Yeah i agree....complain to the UN first. I do think after this step that we should at least use some harsh international language against them. We should tell them how naughty they are and how bad we disagree with their behavior.........that will learn them and put them in their place. When that doesn't work we should throw some more harsh rhetoric their way and then that should work.

Did I mention we should tell them that they are being naughty?

[edit on 24-5-2009 by nonnez]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
S. Korea Yonhap News says N. Korea confirms they conducted a test.

No further details.

(URGENT) N. Korea confirms it conducted 2nd nuclear test: KCNA

(END)

[edit on 5/24/09 by makeitso]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Of course then they could just ask the States...

"And how many nukes have you gys tested in your history??"

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
reply to post by nonnez
"What does the world do now?"

Duck and cover!
No seriously is this the test that Biden was talking about during the campaign?

I think it may be more than one test now in the first 6 months of the Obama admin as Biden Discussed. Many more to come I am sure.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
S. Korea Yonhap News says N. Korea confirms they conducted a test.

No further details.

(URGENT) N. Korea confirms it conducted 2nd nuclear test: KCNA

(END)

[edit on 5/24/09 by makeitso]

They've just now added further details

SEOUL, May 25 (Yonhap) -- North Korea confirmed that it has "successfully" conducted its second nuclear test on Monday, following a warning of retaliation it issued last month after the U.N.'s condemnation of its rocket launch. "According to the demand of our scientists and technicians, our republic has successfully conducted another underground nuclear test on May 25 ... as part of measures to strengthen its nuclear power in self-defense," the official Korean Central News Agency said. North Korea warned on April 29 that it would conduct the second test, following its first in October 2006, in protest at the U.N. Security Council's rebuke for its April 5 rocket launch.

[edit on 5/24/2009 by justme2]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join