It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nephew going off to war again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I have a nephew who is being sent in harms way again. Tim R. is stationed at Ft. Bragg, N.C., and he is getting ready to go to Afghanistan, as are many other of our brave men and women. He has already seen action in Iraq, so it's not that he's going into action "cold," he's not. But many of the other (mostly) men and women who are presently in Afghanistan have already seen action in Aghanistan earlier, and, in some cases, in Iraq as well. So it is an experienced group of soldiers and marines who are going over to face what is and always has been a tough and resourceful bunch of fighters as well. It's real tough watching him go off to fight again, especially when you know how tough it is to go through it the first time without getting wounded or killed. We're hoping and praying that he'll make it back again. but we are also steeling ourselves for the news that we could be getting in case he gets wounded, or worse. But then again, we should be saying prayers for all of our other service men and women. We should also be praying for our enemies as well.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

Wally, I feel your concern. Believe me, he'll not be nearly as worried as his family members back home.

I have a feeling that they're going to reduce the conventional approach to Afghanistan, and go more unconventional, which in this context means more effective.

As a vet of combat, he's already way ahead of the game, and has already learned a lot of the "always-do's" and the "never-do's."

I know this won't help, but he's actually going to be safer in combat, statistically, than on the highways over here in the States.

None of us are guaranteed the next three minutes.

I can promise you this: He can do more living in a single engagement in combat than most folks do their entire lives.

The best his family can do for him is to ensure his dignity upon leaving, assured that they are behind him and his efforts.

And that they'll all be waiting when he gets around to returning.

Home.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
My daughter is in Afghanistan right now. She was supposed to come home this month but it got extended till August.

All we can do is pray for them.

Sometimes our kids take roads we wish they had not, but they feel the need to follow their own path. They choose the following of their own heart.

Your nephew is in my prayers, as are you.

Love and light,

wupy

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If you live by the sword you will die by the sword. I think I would be a little more concerned about him being a brainwashed killer for the state.

The throw away line at the end about praying for the enemy was disengenuous in my opinion.

It's time to stop the American murder in the M.E.. The only way that will happen is if we stop listening to old men and women in DC.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wally Conley
We should also be praying for our enemies as well.

A prayer for the Taliban? How would that go? Pray for them to be strong and safe to continue to force their extreme Islamo-fascism? Pray for them to continue to behead and mass kill anyone who doesn't subscribe to their religion? I'll pray for them to be wiped off the face of the earth, but that is it.

I'm praying for all of our service members, and praying they won't be treated as extremists by their own government when they get back.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The human psyche can only handle so much.... I recently read a message on a Marine Corps social site from a Marine that was going over on his 8Th tour....

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Its very hard having family at war. My husband is on his second tour in Iraq, his younger brother recently got back from Afghanistan and his sister just recently returned from Iraq. His older brother is currently also in Iraq. As well, as his father after retiring from the military is there as a civilian to help. Its incredibly hard, I feel for his mother, for a while there, 4 of her 5 children were deployed at once, along with her husband. I know having mine there is hard enough, I couldn't imagine what she must be going through... The only thing you can really do is pray that they return safely and show your support for what they are doing.

I might not agree with why they are there, or even want them to be there at all, but I support the men and women who bravely go to war for us,(even if the cause is not exactly right it does not and should not devalue their patriotism, bravery, or respect of them imo) and pray for everyone of them to return home safely.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Floating thru Reality

I have your prayer for our soldiers in the Middle East:

"Our Father in Heaven, great is your name, all praise to you, merciful God.

We ask forgiveness of our wrongdoings, and we also ask that our unholy enemies be damned in this life and the next.

Father, we pray for our eyes that they may be sharp, to see the enemy first so that we may destroy him.

We pray for sharp, clear minds, to be able to outwit them, ambush them, and kill them, slaying them hip and thigh deep. May their blood flood the ground, it be so great.

We pray for a steady hand to hold a good sight picture on our weapons, that we may blow their damn heads off, and kill them dead.

We pray for a soft touch, that our finger not pull our shots.

We ask for strong hearts that we may fight them without pause, without fatigue, and without fear until they are all dead.

We humbly ask for the ability to forgive our enemies. Right after we kill them. No hard feelings.

And we ask for strong legs, that we may run down those cowards who run from us that we may kill them as well.

We pray for guidance in these things, that through us this evil be eradicated from this earth so that they may harm no others.

Only you are the great Judge of these evil men. Use us to arrange a face to face.

This and all things through Jesus. Amen."

Of course, that's just me.

top topics

join