It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

latest photo of hubble in space has massive photoshopping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I've seen plenty of images 'taken out of the window' of shuttle missions that did not need any masking like this. This one has massive masking in it. Is it to mask out background reflections in the glass? They did not take time to darken the room, put on a polarizer, put up a cloth around the window.. to grab the final farewell shot? Or is something else going on here?

www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
mabye I am missing it. All I see is parts that are dark in the back ground but connect to the Hubble perfectly as they are a part of it.

Could you perhaps run the image through ms paint and circle or point out the massive photoshopping you see?

I just dont see it... sorry.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
def reflections i44.tinypic.com...

didnt think i would get anything with my lack of photoshop skills

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

Ok so there is reflections of the inside of the space craft. Well, it was taken through a window from inside the craft no?

I am sorry, I do not mean to be rude, I just am not sure what you are getting at....

If anything was done to the photo they just darkened the reflection so the Hubble would be more visible...

I guess what I am trying to say is...... What is your point?

When you ask "is there something else going on here?" What do you mean? Something else like what? If anything was done to it they just darkened the reflection to make the rest of the picture more visible....

I am not seeing anything to suggest anything other than that...

[edit on 23-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
you can probably delete this post. At first glance I saw what appeared to be masking in the darkness of space. I assumed they would prepare a photo such as this to cut out inside reflections so I jumped the gun..

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Photoshoped or not.

I say this is a great pic of the Hubble. It's in great shape!

The way things are going these days. At least America can be proud of that.

Hubble in great shape for it's age

[edit on 23-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

No need to remove it.

For the record. Threads are rarely removed unless there is a major violation of the T&C. of which there are non in here.

I hope I did not discourage you from posting.

Infact I am glad you did. When you have a question about something like this ATS is probably one of the best places to pose that question. There are so many smart people here. Chances are you will find your answer soon enough.

You have a question about something, never hesitate to ask it here.

I am sure there will be many people wanting to chime in as well.

Keep posting my friend. Keep posting and keep learning. It is the only way to find the answers you are looking for.

Peace and love

GST

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Anyone know how to do the C.S.I. kind of things ?

Would be interesting to know whats written on the sheet thats
reflected in the window on the left of hubble.

[edit on 23/5/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

No need to remove it.

For the record. Threads are rarely removed unless there is a major violation of the T&C. of which there are non in here.

I hope I did not discourage you from posting.

Infact I am glad you did. When you have a question about something like this ATS is probably one of the best places to pose that question. There are so many smart people here. Chances are you will find your answer soon enough.

You have a question about something, never hesitate to ask it here.

I am sure there will be many people wanting to chime in as well.

Keep posting my friend. Keep posting and keep learning. It is the only way to find the answers you are looking for.

Peace and love

GST

Thanks

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am wondering how many other photos out there taken from inside the shuttle and ISS might have some interesting background images. Might do some searching.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Try as you might I doubt that you get anything out of that. CSI and pretty much all tv-shows take huge liberties when it comes to photo analysis on computers.
Reminds me of this sketch Red Dwarf photo zoom

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Not a photo analyst or image expert in any fashion. I have how ever a keen interest in the Hubble and looked at it from many perspectives. Pictures and my favorite Celestia are my favorite. I've looked at the Hubble from every angle possible on Celestia, and to me the photo linked in this thread, looks more like a double exposure than any thing else.

The dark shapes to me are not reflections, but a piece of a double exposure and the solar panels are the dark boxes perceived to be reflections. There are always opposing opinions but I really think those are the solar panels in the shade.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

If it were possisble it would be interesting.

Oh and for the red dwarf clip.

I loved watching the 3 parter on dave,still dwarf through and
through.Did not seem as if they'd been away so to speak.

Smoke me a kipper,well you know the rest.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic
Anyone know how to do the C.S.I. kind of things ?

Would be interesting to know whats written on the sheet thats
reflected in the window on the left of hubble.

[edit on 23/5/09 by gallifreyan medic]

You will have real problems doing the CSI kind of thing as most of it is BS!
When you watch the show and they zoom in on say a badge in a car window I saw in one episode they zoomed again to read the print I pmsl.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by wmd_2008]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
With all the technical logistics and operations going on when the shot was taken, I'm just glad they took the time to pick the camera up let alone worry about filters and screening blankets.

"Hang on....I'll steer with my feet while I hold up the blanket with my elbows and get the important snaps for the folks back home!".

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I do not watch the any of the C.S.I series.
But I would imagine that some of what is done is possible,just over done
for ratings grabbing.

Maybe what is written is a reminder list of what certain objects should be
refered as if seen.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Why are those antennas pointing away from the earth? Is there some kind of a relay system setup?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
NASA employs the Gov'ts operation of conceal and hide, at times.

Grand Hoax. Like their comments on Roswell. True alien alignment.

They state, they're have never been any contacts. I don't like being around 'Funky Nasua'.

Because they're always wanting mo' money. Big Budget.

They pestered the living fire out of me in my college days. When the Mars Rock found in Antarctica had fossil life and Clinton started his era as a boob. He 'DID INHALE, BTW'.

The official stance was along the lines of scripting I'm so familiar with. Like this new documentary that NASA released: Star Trek: A Peeps Peepers.

Craziness. Need that shot of contemptuous Haldol, a lot of them...

top topics

join