It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fluorescent colors in the dark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Ever since I was a kid, I'd sometimes see these fluorescent 'blobs' or 'waves' of yellow-greenish color in the dark. Sometimes it would hurt my eyes as if when you looked directly to the sun.
I still see them, almost always when I meditate, when I focus on it it turns into waves that roll away from me and between two waves sometimes images form as if I'm looking at an old black and white movie.
But the last years I also started to see them randomly, whenever I am in the dark, when I don't pay attention to it it goes away after a min or two.
A few months back I felt it coming up during normal daylight, I didn't see anything then but I recognized the feeling 'behind' my eyes.

I'm not afraid of it or anything and I'm actually used to seeing this. I studied it. But so far it's 'just there' and there is nothing I can do with it then watch it.

Ok, before someone asks, I have my eyes checked out last month and the doc says there is nothing wrong with them. He looked a bit puzzled when I told them about the colors I see....

does anyone else see them? And most important, what is it???

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Orbs? Try this link: showbizandstyle.inquirer.net...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

no, not orbs, it's not a physical object I'm talking about
I see it with my eyes open and closed

[edit on 23/5/2009 by GypsK]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I think I know this... that is how it started for me. I had the greenish stuff since childhood. In my twenties I tried psychedelics and read Castaneda and wanted to alter my vision literally by that. I did not succeed except during the trips and some afterflashes. But it was insignificant.

It was far more important that I had afterflashes from watching movies. Unrelated to teh subject of the movie. It is useful to try some meditation for shutting off internal dialogiue. Or simply learning to recall a fragment from a peaceful piece of music - that should do it. Also, active visualisation amy help speed up the process.

It is nothing to be scared of.

This is auric sight, or your third eye being partially open.

What is useful is to separate the state when you concentrate upon it from the times when you simply need normal sight. You amy start to see auras around people or beings that are there in the etheric or whatever name you want ot give it to.

Let me give you a site where a series of contributions were given by a purported expert: www.godlikeproductions.com...

kokatsi

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Yep, hypnagogic images. Cool I know, what is even cooler is that they indicate that your brain is calming down. When in that state (think it is alpha) you become very lucid. Great for thinking things through. Have fun exploring it!

Edit to add: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 23-5-2009 by QueenofWeird]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kokatsi
I think I know this... that is how it started for me. I had the greenish stuff since childhood. ...

It was far more important that I had afterflashes from watching movies. Unrelated to teh subject of the movie. It is useful to try some meditation for shutting off internal dialogiue. Or simply learning to recall a fragment from a peaceful piece of music - that should do it. Also, active visualisation amy help speed up the process.

It is nothing to be scared of.

This is auric sight, or your third eye being partially open.

What is useful is to separate the state when you concentrate upon it from the times when you simply need normal sight. You amy start to see auras around people or beings that are there in the etheric or whatever name you want ot give it to.

it's not something I'm scared of, just curious . I've always seen it, sometimes days in a row, sometimes every week.
thanks for the info, I used to think that this was 3rd eye related... not to brag, but I'm quite experienced in meditation and visualisation techniques, I simply can't "work" with the fluo collors.

a buddhist (online) once said I should try to 'float' behind the waves, he said it was some kind of veil... that never worked either

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
reply to post by GypsK

Yep, hypnagogic images. Cool I know, what is even cooler is that they indicate that your brain is calming down. When in that state (think it is alpha) you become very lucid. Great for thinking things through. Have fun exploring it!

[edit on 23-5-2009 by QueenofWeird]

thanks,
although Hypnagogic images usually appear right before falling asleep, while the alpha state can be reached during meditation also. I'm sure I've seen the collors while not being in alpha at all.
I can make them happen, but mostly they happen without intention for it
thanks for the link

new topics

top topics

join