It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My entire post deleted!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Mozilla has quicknote

I have found it to be invaluable...

not only on ATS, nut at work, school, etc.

never lose what took you 10 minutes...45 minutes...3 hours...or half a life time to type again

giggity

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Firstly, I feel for ya man, I had this last week and it really pissed me off, it was nobodies fault (actually it was mine in a way
) but my inspiration and effort had gone with the wind.. It stinks.

Theoretically it's completely possible and maybe even easy to implement a small piece of caching code, in a way that as soon as you press 'reply' or 'post' your text would be saved. A bit like GMail's saving of concept mails, but then there would be just 1 entry - you probably don't need two slots, unless you're sending two messages at a time. Codewise it would be like

$_SESSION['last_post'] = $_REQUEST['message']

This should be one of the earlier lines, below user authentication but above checking for duplicate thread names or a thread that doesn't exist anymore. Since there is supposedly no danger in setting a text variable to $_SESSION, it could be as early as possible.

And then there would need to be a button in our MyATS somewhere to retrieve this saved message in $_SESSION['last_post'], which would be something like

< button onclick='document.getElementsById("message").=< ? print(htmlspecialchars($_SESSION['last_post'])) ? >'>Restore your message!< /button >

.. seems simple.. doesn't it :p ..
But until this happens, you're doomed to writing outside your browser, or keeping your fingers at ctrl-c ;D I just comfort myself by thinking my post went to a better place.. ;]

*copies before posting* Good luck!

p.s. This code should actually work! .. When the spaces for HTML tags are removed and the code is placed in the PHP scripts of the ATS forum, of course ;]

[edit on 27-5-2009 by scraze]

[edit on 27-5-2009 by scraze]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join