It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A family friend refers me to psychiatric care for talking about NWO

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Some people just cant phantom their little suburban world. Oblivious that woman is in need of a psychiatric care. she think that there is no NWO meaning that she doesn't want to know about it and doesn't want any one else talking about it either. Lets just say the NWO and world dying and all that disturbs her a bit.
You know my father once told me a very good piece of advice he said, "Son, you only teach the one who is willing to learn." Just remember this dude.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

That's great. Much like the method I mentioned a few posts up.
I think your way is better even.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

I don't agree with all the NWO theories and tend to avoid these forums. The title caught my eye. First thought was the family friend needs to ease up on the dramatics. Then I remembered your Billy Meier thread. Did you show them the Billy Meier raygun photo and still claim it as proof of alien encounters? If so, I begin to understand and sympathize with the family friend

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
-puts on his flameproof suit, taps the mic, and prepares-

I was told as a kid, that in 1984, the government would grab control from the people and a new form of communism/big brother would be established. it wasnt.

I was told in 2000, the government would destroy the satellite communication network/undersea cabling, blaming y2k...(even though at that time I was working in IT, so questioned that)...shutting down the satellite network for common use.

it didnt happen

I was told that by the ending of 2008, the planet would experience a nuclear war initiated by the NWO, nope
was told that McCain was going to win to be a sock puppet for the Bush/NWO agenda
nope

I have no problem believing there is some very powerful people on earth that have some incredible sway in world events...but my belief is that its oil based. to keep people buying fossel fuel until its all run out, and the agenda is little more than simple profit like a normal business...
a clamped down country would hinder that..depopulation would decrease profit margains, etc.

not every insect that flys on your desk is a micromachine spying on you...

could be wrong of course and there could be this elaborate clandestine movement, but seriously...do you really believe that if there was such a movement, they would be such bumbling fools on everything they did that some odd person in moms basement can crack their super secret code everytime they do something?

oh, and I am not a super skeptic, just a regular flavored skeptic that does see some power behind the thrones of the world..but not in a sweeping order...and again, dealing mostly with oil

I reserve the right to change my opinion on a whim

SfX

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I believe all of the things you posted are "true" in a very little sense, but not as dramatically as you portrayed them?

My problem with your friend though is if she is THAT up beat about all of this, I bet she wouldn't even believe you if the president said it himself that it was all true.

Instead of feeding her pure conspiracy, why don't you actually show her the facts? How about the most recent speech of Obama (Obama on Domestic Detainment) on capturing our own citizens?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

While you appear to be fairly normal and highly inquisitive (probably attributable to your above-average IQ) - this family friend appears to be suffering from a personality disorder. Since this person diagnosed you in absentia and without qualification to do so, let us return the favour:

....More specifically; this individual appears to be suffering with a form of Maladaptive Personality disorder based around denial of the political status quo.

While this may just be a defense mechanism - the nature of their outbursts indicate that this may possibly be a pathological trait, and one that puts others at risk. What she did is termed "Acting Out".

Everyone has neuroses to one extent or another, but the extent to which this individual appears to be Socially Maladaptive combined with the aggressive Acting Out they chose to engage in is quite worrying.

You were the subject of this aberrant behaviour because this individual believes you are somehow responsible for introducing the idea, concept or reality which they wished to avoid. The way in which this person targeted you is troubling.

Even Gordon Brown constantly talks of a NWO - but he is out of reach and cannot be affected by the aberrant behaviours brought about by this individuals inability to cope with a widely acknowledged political reality. You can.

*I would file a police report if this person does or says anything else that could be considered defamatory or otherwise threatening.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I keep everything to myself for the same reason, a few times I talked to people about ETs and they looked at me like I was totally crazy. At least my family listens without criticizing. My wife won't hear anything about it though.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hahahahaha! That's great! I had a similar experience with my best friend from High school. I was talking about the NWO/Illuminati agenda and giving factual evidence to back it up.

A few days later he IMed me and told me him and our other mutual friends were "concerned" about me and suggested I get professional help.

The saddest part is the use of the word "concern". It's like a guilt trip for believing in something different, which might actually be closer to the truth.

Anyway, I told them thanks for the concern and if nothing I mentioned happens before 2013, I'll buy them all a round of beers and they can have a good laugh at my expense.

Needless to say, I'll be drinking that 6 pack alone ;-)

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I used to be a big Bush supporter, then got leery during the last part of last year. Then I joined this site and actually found people who thought the same way I did.
To use the Matrix analogy, I guess I took the red pill, your family friend obviously took the blue one.
I'm pretty outspoken among family and friends but they've always thought I was a little off.

As for your specific case, I hope you're wrong about the NWO (Nice World Organization?) and WWIII. But even a broken clock is right twice a day so, with what I'm still learning I tend to hold judgement.
Heck, I thought Bush was ok until I actually read about TARP.

Keep the faith!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Yep, just cut contact, make fun of her, whatever. She's just a complete idiot without a working mind. She can't think. Don't worry, that insures her to have a bad life for many other reasons.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm glad someone else had the same experience as me. Many of my friends are "in the know" as far as the NWO goes, but upon trying to explain it to my parents, they immediatley signed me up for a psychiatrist.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So she thinks you are sick in the head?

I bet she could tell you most of; the American Idol winners, Survivor winners, recent guests on Oprah, the full plot line for the last 10 years of Young and the Restless, and what the "in" color for curtains and interior paint choices are.

And who is the mental one?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mmmguinness

exactly, oh no someone who does not want to be a sheep, lol.

Real scum get in to power positions.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I personally have serious doubts about most NWO theories, since they are based on fiction, not fact. A picture of a train that transports cars is not proof that we are going to be herded like cattle into camps. Pictures of random barbed wired fences is not proof that these camps even exist. I can't even begin to fathom why a 2/3rd world population reduction is even tossed around, except for many folks penchant for disaster and wanting something "exciting" to happen.

So while I personally think that is a bit overzealous to be proclaiming that anyone needs psychiatric help for their personal beliefs, I do understand where some folks are coming from when they hear these theories. I've heard so many supposed sinister theories about NWO events, and not one has come to pass. And still no one for some reason, can't take a picture *inside* these "human-cattle" train cars, get up-to-date info on these huge camps, and so on. The one person I did see that actually checked up on a reported camp (and is still marked on maps as one), ended up being a DUMP! With no fence in the rear at all, and full of trash! How many others are just like that?

And you know, I'd be willing to believe something, even as far-fetched as world depopulation or NWO theories, if someone could provide a shred of real evidence, instead of twisting words of politicians around to meet their agendas, or snapping nebulous photos of fences or trucks carrying walls, or claiming that camps for victims of disaster for FEMA is *clearly* death-camps, and so on.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Indigo- I'm sorry you had to go through that. Is your family friend familiar with what the NWO is or is the term/idea new to her? I'm still shocked when I hear somebody express their belief that our gov. can do no wrong. We see the dark, manipulative side every day in ordinary people, why is it so hard for people like your friend to believe that people in power are capable of the same behavior?

For what it's worth, somebody should inform your friend that your allowed to believe in whatever you want as long as your not harming yourself or others. Until then she should just enjoy her life and quit churning up emotional energy.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Just to clarify my position (and perhaps others)... while I do believe many government have the ability to be corrupt, and many groups and powerful people do have agendas, I do not believe I've ever seen firm proof of a "super" group of super elite, powerful individuals, whose goal for whatever reason, is chaos, murder, destruction, evil, and so on. Many of the ideas presented have no logic at all. Murder and put people in camps and so on.. why?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

With all due respect...

The entire NWO scenario and belief is without much foundation. Sure, there are a few things that don't make sense and need investigation, there are groups of people with negative and self-serving agendas, there are the "old boys clubs" in every developed government, but much of the NWO conspiracy theory is completely without basis in reality.

Quite simply, there is little or no evidence for it.

I have looked into it all, so don't assume that I know nothing about this. The fact is, there is simply not enough evidence to suggest that this kind of organisation is even possible.
People would have come forward, people would have said what the agenda is. If this group is supposed to have been in existence for the time it has, we would know a WHOLE LOT MORE about it than we supposedly do right now.

Those who believe in the NWO seem intent to use the beliefs of others as some sort of evidence. But, seeing a video of Alex Jones does not constitute proof of anything. Several others believing the same thing does not make it true.
I have yet to see any definitive evidence for a NWO elite group of people. Such proof just doesn't exist.

Because of all of this, I would say that those who believe it all so thoroughly and absolutely, are either very naive or do have an imbalance of some kind.

No clear thinking rational mind can accept such a far fetched story without any evidence or proof to support the theories.

It's good to question everything, but when questioning everything happens even in the face of reason and evidence to the contrary, there is something not quite right in the reasoning process.

That's my view, and I have no doubt many will disagree and it'll go into another video posting thread to try and convince me of something that I don't think exists, but you asked for opinions, and I'm giving mine.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well I agree... most people on here who are talking about NWO conspiracies are indeed in need of help.

Psychiatric though? I dunno about that. Most of these people are just normal delusional people, which describes about 98% of the population.

You see the one's who are "blind" to the NWO are suffering the same kind of delusion as those who are "aware" of the NWO.

There is no "coming" NWO, we have been in the process of "convergence" since humans stepped on the scene. Normal people who become aware of "convergence" eventually see conspiracies within it.

At the end of the day, it is a completely unconscious process that is going on leading to convergence of kingdoms, nations, and eventually continents.

Don't get me wrong... it's not that there aren't ahuman forces afoot, but they don't emerge from any specific intelligence, either terrestrial or extra-terrestrial. It is a phenomena of "convergence" which has led to "collectivization"

You can read about it in a great book The Tower and the Abyss: An Inquiry into the Transformation of the Individual

Don't presume to act as if you know something no one else does when in fact you yourself are just as blind...

If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
My friend, ranting about NWO, depopulation, staged wars, etc. won't help the cause. I've learned that myself.

I've taken a more Economic approach, and used my classes as vehicles of information-spread. Much of my presentations, my essays, small articles, my own Blog, all this I've used to spread the message. Not to give them the fish, but the bait to get people fishing for themselves. And on a microscale, it has had its results

My classmates, my teachers, they've all taken the bait I was giving away and went out fishing in the big ocean
(that's the best analogy I could find)

The human being is a very curious one. And if you start talking about something new, bizarre, but not giving everything away right on the spot, you'll spark curiosity on them, get them to start their own research, and let them formulate their own ideas based on every little piece of information they get. The results of this proccess are astounding. I believe this is the wake-up people need to have. Not an Alex Jones-doom and gloom-scream and rant-kind of approach.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmmguinness
So she thinks you are sick in the head?

I bet she could tell you most of; the American Idol winners, Survivor winners, recent guests on Oprah, the full plot line for the last 10 years of Young and the Restless, and what the "in" color for curtains and interior paint choices are.

And who is the mental one?

I don't get it... why are those things any less or more important than say the list of presidents we've had or what Glenn beck has on his show this week? Don't you see that data is unimportant?

I can't stand the self-righteous... Whether they be Christians, Muslims or Conspiracy theorists, when they are self-righteous they decay into idiots at a high rate of speed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join