It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A family friend refers me to psychiatric care for talking about NWO

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
I try not to tell certain people about it because schizophrenia runs in my family and such delusions can be common with people that need psychiatric help, so they give me funny looks when I discuss it; but to assume that someone is crazy just for believing in a conspiracy theory is really ridiculous. All creeds of people have believed in several different conspiracy theories for centuries.

Yeah the lady sounds looney herself. But it IS odd that she said depression, because if mental illness is suspected I would tink schizophrenia first too.

But you can't be locked up against your will unless you are believed to be a danger to yourself or others.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is absolutely as good as it gets! Someone who would go to such extreme lengths to refer you for psychiatric treatment is obviously the one who needs some sort of counseling! I am finding more and more evidence that many people throughout the world would rather dismiss scary and disturbing ideas and revelations as mere imagination or in your case psychosis, so they do not have to deal with the truth that our world is not the sugar coated bed of roses as so many would love us to believe. I am finding all the major conspiracies with the most credible evidence are interconnected and therefore the most dangerous threat to life on planet Earth since the asteroid crash off the Yucatan Peninsula some 65 million years ago. The NWO UFO's 9-11 and the Kennedy assassination all have common threads and now that I have done my own research into all these major conspiracies and theories surrounding them I can no longer dismiss them as merely fanciful imaginative stories with no basis in fact or reason. I think your family friend is not unlike the majority of people on Earth. Humans tend to fear that which they do not understand, and to hate and censor that which is different. I am glad you have such supportive parents who have disassociated themselves with your unstable neighbor instead of listening to her cries of psychological instability. I assure you if it was my family they would have been the first to usher me into a pysch ward if I ever told them half of the things I knew and saw with my own eyes growing up. I am now an adult so I can openly talk about such things and my family can go suck a railroad spike if they have anything to say about it. The world is so much more than what we can readily see.....

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I already know not to discuss my enjoyment of learning all about conspiracies and any other theories brought up in here (and other places of the like) with anyone except those with the same mindset.

The system was designed to be almost impossible to detect because one group answers to another group, who answers to another etc etc.

If a subject comes up that is even close to the theories read around here, try to keep the conversation light and listen, avoid attracting too much attention with the 'civilians' that are not as up to date or aware as you may be. It avoids a lot of heartache and suspicion of your personal sanity.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It really sounds like you are just trying very hard to be right. You seem sane, but you do appear to have an obsession with the NWO stuff...

What's your point? Whether or not they're obsessed shouldn't really effect you. You'd be incredibly concerned too if you realized there's a group of people trying to hurt/kill your family and friends. It seems it would be a better idea to be well informed of these people are their plans, especially before they make their final moves.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I agree, I just say that 'somebody has to watch the watchers'...

I explain that no further.

In the end, we may be only witnesses.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by suzque66]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by flysse
You'd be incredibly concerned too if you realized there's a group of people trying to hurt/kill your family and friends.

I guess this is a perfect example of what NOT to say if you don't want people to think you are nuts. : )

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sonya is out to get me (gulps)

....as I type with a pencil in my mouth....because of this darn straight jacket!!

AAaaAAaaaAaAa

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think we are all missing the point here. This woman actually was doing the right thing by referring him to psychiatric care. Congrats to her.

Come on! The guy goes by the online name of Indigo_Child, believes in the NWO, and thinks he has special powers. If that isnt the definiton of someone who needs help then who is?

Either he is a great prankster or a few hours in the chair might do him some good.

[edit on 5/24/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
bored dude:

No one here has the right to even consider themselves qualified to diagnose or blatantly point fingers at another's sanity on a website that revolves around conspiracy theories.

You are here, bored or not you chose to read on these theories therefore you must be locked up too., no?

Don't point your finger, remember that 3 others are pointing back at you.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hmm I'm willing bet that ... "friend"of you family is on meds her self , and suffers from depression and is a big fan of Doctor Phill . Let take some bets !!

But like the others have pointed out, perhaps.. try to let go the indigo thing , man we all want to feel we are some how special , we want to feel our life has meaning and where put here for some special purpose .

[edit on 24-5-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Something tells me you're as self-rightous as the rest. However, you did start your post with "I don't get it", so I guess I can expand.

As tongue and cheek as my comment was, it was this woman's self-rightousness that made her react as she did. Her world is simple, and it is "what you see is what you get". As the OP thought differently and more radically from her, then they must in turn be mentally unstable. That is quite a leap. Our first reaction when passing personal judgment is to sub-consciously grab onto past experiences, and if none are available, it becomes a gut feeling. Maybe there is something about the OP that this friend of the family does not like; how they dress, personal appearance, OP stole her last rolo, whatever. Maybe it is the topic at hand, and the first thing that somes to mind for this woman is good old Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory. Who knows.

All I can say is take your foot the gas. This topic is about how this woman reacted to the OP. You can put away your big "self-rightous" paint brush that you just covered up Christians, Muslims and Consiracy Theroiest with (wouldn't the first 2 account for like 3.6 Billion people?) and try and stay on track.

And why did you bring up past presidents and Glenn Beck?? Was it about importance? I agree, Glenn Beck is not very important, however I give some clout to past presidents.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Don't feel alone anything to do with NWO or economic collapse I too am looked upon as a crazy person,why I say the US is ready for the taking,everyone believes what the media says,sucks to get old but hey at least I won't have to suffer as long,I have lost faith in mankind,and most who rant about fighting the man,just lip service

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzque66
bored dude:

No one here has the right to even consider themselves qualified to diagnose or blatantly point fingers at another's sanity on a website that revolves around conspiracy theories.

You are here, bored or not you chose to read on these theories therefore you must be locked up too., no?

Oh so we shouldnt point out to people that they may want to look at getting some help before they take a trip to lala land forever? I didnt say I was qualified. I said he should go to someone who is qualified.

I guess next time I am out and my buddy is hammered I should hand him the car keys and tell him he is fine.

I will tell you what. I will go to the head doctor if he will go. I am all for living by example.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

Originally posted by suzque66
bored dude:

Oh so we shouldnt point out to people that they may want to look at getting some help before they take a trip to lala land forever? I didnt say I was qualified. I said he should go to someone who is qualified.

I guess next time I am out and my buddy is hammered I should hand him the car keys and tell him he is fine.

I will tell you what. I will go to the head doctor if he will go. I am all for living by example.

He had a simple discussion about NWO with people who do not do any upkeep on current events nor study the puzzling comparasons that 'we' as a group do -- most of us as a hobby now because we have learned (as I commented earlier) to not discuss it with the average Joe.

Doing so gets him the very reaction from certain people and in this case someone who sounds to be just a close aquant. of the family who has no business sticking her nose in. If the family was concerned (because they likely see him a lot more often than anyone else) they would be the ones suggesting care. You cannot compare drunkeness to sober thoughts and actions. Why would you assume he is insane and a drunk isn't as equally diseased in some shape or form?

If they were passing out Haldol in these forums...I should be first in line to get some because some of my crazy theories are full of bizarre nonsense. But, I am quite capable of holding my own, sanity-wise and any other means.

I have no clue of his 'other posts'. What next? you follow me around by some means and diss my every comment and motive? Hey, I am up to it, I may be a tiny woman but I can handle a bully of a internet man anyday. People like that are a dime a dozen.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

I am not trying to bully anyone. I am just saying, if people around you seriously come up to you and say you might want to seek help then they are not always trying to be mean. Sometimes they are just trying to help.

I am not even saying he has a problem, but it might be good to discuss it with a professional just to make sure.

If I ran around telling my friends that I could speak to aliens, there is a shadow government running the world and they are all out to lock us in FEMA death camps, etc, etc , etc.... then I would hope they would take me to the doctor.

I know if it were one of my friends, I would not only drive them there. I would pay for the appointment.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have tried to discuss mildly on these topics with an online friend who says when I begin 'oh no, you are in one of 'those' moods' so I have learned to not bring it up.

She is so closed-minded she only watches her local hick news and scoffs at any suggestion that the government is less than 'honorable' lol. She even has excuses or refuses to discuss any reasoning for the Catholic church scandals. She is truly in her own little world (of protecting her 'stuff' that she has accumulated) but as a friend she is fun to talk to otherwise. It is very difficult to reason with a 50+ European/Canadian woman who is brainwashed the believe in the 'system' and that very system has been designed for our own 'benefit' and best interest. Which is what 90% of the population thinks, no doubt. lol sad indeed.

So I know where the OP is coming from. We all do in some way or another.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

According to my family the only thing they told her was that there was an NWO, that the economy will collapse and there possibly maybe WWIII soon starting in the Middle East, and they were only telling her to give her a heads up. There was nothing about aliens, 2012 prophecies, psychic powers, and certainly nothing about me being an Indigo Child. According to my family she reacted pretty much instantly - knee-jerk, she did not even listen to the possibility of it.

Thus there really was no probable cause for her "diagnosis" her reaction was simply at the suggestion that the life she takes for granted, could possibly be over soon. She also told them, "I have done my research too(read watched CNN) they are saying the economy will get better soon" She reacted as she did because she did not like the alternative my family were relaying to her, that I told them based on my research.

It turns out by the way she has gone through periods of depression in the past. In any case whether she trying to help me or not does not matter, her reaction was disturbing and hostile. If my family said the same about her children, she would not have liked it. To tell somebody your son/daughter needs psychiatric care, and then actually go ahead and try to force them to contact the psychiatrist, just because you do not want to accept their research is a hostile act, and says more about your own psychological state, than it does the other.

By the way she does not know who I am. She has never met me, nor have I ever talked to her.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing that Indigo,

I am glad I don't jump to conclusions as such.

Anyone who comes here has no right to be judged (unless they make a direct threat to another or others) and I am glad to defend you, even if I don't know you.

Being persecuted is not fair but would occur if all of us took our ideas/theories to the wrong person.

I am just glad I have this place as an outlet to discuss, that is what we do...discuss, harmless.

I have a wild imagination and bring up a lot of whaako stuff in here, things I would never consider mentioning to anyone I know. Some people would just never get it.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It is very interesting to read such similar experiences with attempting to tell others about the NWO.

This has been posted elsewhere, but it reminds me of the movie 'They Live' which where the protagonist attempts to tell his friend about what he sees when he wears the glasses. In the movie, the main character's friend becomes aggressive and they both fight. This is to signal how people closest to us are the hardest to wake up.

My family has said the same thing about me when I've attempted to tell them about everything going on. They receive their news strictly from local FOX station and the newspaper. They are still caught up in the "left vs right" debates and have called me brainwashed, delusional, and naive when I've discussed the NWO to them.

All with the exception of one of my friends either scoff at me, tell me they do not 'think' what I am saying is true, or simply will not respond, and just do not care.

My wife tells me what I am reading is biased, and I should look at all of the facts before deciding what I am reading is true or not. She says people on ATS will flame those who do not agree with such conspiracy theories that arise here, and that conspiracy theoriests like to put their own spin on information to make it back up their their claims.

I no longer speak to my family nor friends about it.

However, strangers I encounter sometimes will ask me questions about my information and sound somewhat interested.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

They are still caught up in the "left vs right" debates and have called me brainwashed, delusional, and naive when I've discussed the NWO to them.

I believe I recently saw that even Glen Beck admitted there is no right or left, just a bunch of garble for people to become interested/busy and confused about--they are all the same.

I think he said that on the view?? or I have the wrong person altogether and am thinking of someone else.

PS! yes it is rare to run into others on the street (out in the real world, away from here) that have the same interests in the research of NWO etc...when you do find them, try to keep in contact with them somehow.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join