It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GHostbox...anyone tried it before??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have what you call a franks box aka radio shack hack. Really easy to do. I have played, in lack of better terms, with it on investigations. Now, since hubby and I moved, I seem to be playing with it more often. There is a spirit that follows my sister in law around. Her name is being said repetedly and it's not a fairly common name. She was sitting at the table eating cake, and the spirit, who said his name is Paul, would keep saying cake over and over. He says things like he's here to protect her. It is kind of creepy.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I just wanted to chime in to second whoever said to be careful. My sis and I have our own little paranormal investigation group and we had a bad experience a few months ago when we were trying to get evp's. I know this isn't what the thread is about directly, but I think it's close enough. Before using anything to try to communicate with the other side, say a prayer of protection or something similar. I'm definitely not saying NOT to try to communicate, because it can be quite fascinating, but just know that if someone from the other side really wants to communicate, they may end up sticking around longer than you want them to! Just understand what you're getting yourself into.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanormalFreak

This whole conversation is ludicrous. Any voices you pick up are surely from the radio. Weak signals could sound like anything you want it to. If you think its a 'ghost box' and you listen for 'ghost voices' you are gonna hear something. You are setting yourself up. Its like a rorshach of sound.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramsesthedamned

www.worlditc.org...

This is reported to be a direct communication with the other side.

Now, if we take your theory of hearing what you want to hear it must take quite an imagination to matrix this conversation and surely you will be unable hear both sides of the conversation in this recording.

An open mind is a terrible thing to waste. "Ludicrous"? That's your sole argument? Are you offering empirical evidence to support your claim? If not, you are simply offering an opinion based on unsubstantiated beliefs or preconceived notions. Is that scientific?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
There are too many evp recordings for this to be the radio. Additionally, in intelligent hauntings, the entity appears to have knowledge of what is going on, and responds appropriately. Given, many are difficult to understand, and guesswork is involved. But some of them, on the other hand are quite clear.

On poster here on this thread actually heard his own name. So, that is not coincidental, and that is not the radio. Too unlikely.

It's difficult at times to accept that these things happen. But whether or not we want them to, they certainly appear to exist. When you have heard enough of them, and they make sense, and there is no other viable explanation, you don't have much choice but to accept it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Trust me.... The Ghost-Box works like a charm.

I have been using the device since January. I have logged hours and hours of EVP's. Many spirits (and "others") have used it to communicate with me. I have talked to relatives who have passed on as well as friends of mine who i was very close to in life. I find that i get the best responses when i am near something that the person you are wishing to contact used when they were living. Also, and this is kinda out there, being near the person's physical body (i.e. their grave) has some very unique characteristics attributed to the EVP. It's as if the person was there. They ask questions about what certain family members have been doing as well as answer most questions that are asked. Truly mind blowing results. I have heard my named some many times out of the speakers it cannot be a coincidence. I have even heard 911 phone calls out of it. The strangest thing to happen was when i was doing a session and a voice came over the box that told me to look up. When i did so there was a genuine full body apparition that manifested in front of me. After it materialized it proceeded to run back and forth. I just happened to be with some 5 other people at the time who all saw this happening. They have been quite reluctant to go on another adventure. If you get a chance to use the box, and i say this with a laugh, ask it a few questions about the year 2012. You will see what i mean when you do.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by burnboy07]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
i actually just went on an investigation in a restaurant in asbury NJ where a man was brutally murdered, and the location has been time tested for continuous results. The investigation ended with us using a "Franks Box". Let me first say that this device freaked me out. Having no clue what it did when hooked up, the leader hooked it up to the restaurants speakers and it honestly sounded like demonic ramblings.

That said, this device is hit or miss it seems, and you need to use it with quite a few grains of salt. Like several said before, it runs through several kinds of frequencies rapid fire, resulting in pitches and broken words coming out in pretty much a steady pattern. The trick we were told was to not jus listen for what was being said, but words that didnt seem to fit the pattern and jumped out so to speak from the other words. All in all, the voice was able to tell us who the owner of the restaurant was who was with us, and made comments about his murder. That was in addition to all the other stuff that had happened during the investigation, but this was about the box.

My conclusion is that it was quite freaky, but if you put too much emphasis on it youll probably hear what you want to hear. Still, very interesting device judging from only one use of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by burnboy07
Trust me.... The Ghost-Box works like a charm.

I have been using the device since January. I have logged hours and hours of EVP's. Many spirits (and "others") have used it to communicate with me. I have talked to relatives who have passed on as well as friends of mine who i was very close to in life. I find that i get the best responses when i am near something that the person you are wishing to contact used when they were living. Also, and this is kinda out there, being near the person's physical body (i.e. their grave) has some very unique characteristics attributed to the EVP. It's as if the person was there. They ask questions about what certain family members have been doing as well as answer most questions that are asked. Truly mind blowing results. I have heard my named some many times out of the speakers it cannot be a coincidence. I have even heard 911 phone calls out of it. The strangest thing to happen was when i was doing a session and a voice came over the box that told me to look up. When i did so there was a genuine full body apparition that manifested in front of me. After it materialized it proceeded to run back and forth. I just happened to be with some 5 other people at the time who all saw this happening. They have been quite reluctant to go on another adventure. If you get a chance to use the box, and i say this with a laugh, ask it a few questions about the year 2012. You will see what i mean when you do.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by burnboy07]

WoW! Did you happen to record any of the events? I was more interested in just seeing what i could pick up without neccesarily directly asking about someone i know. Have you had any negative responses? I trust in alot of the people when they say to be careful on here. I am still running out of luck on finding one of these "ghostboxes" or "Franks Box" . Thanks for your information.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by I Am The Influence

That is really freaky. Did anyone there already know the name of the murdered person? i am just wondering if this thing may pick up on subconcious thoughts or something and then your brain picks the words out through the stations. I dunno this whole thing has me intrigued, puzzled, and a little bit scared!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanormalFreak
I have what you call a franks box aka radio shack hack. Really easy to do. I have played, in lack of better terms, with it on investigations. Now, since hubby and I moved, I seem to be playing with it more often. There is a spirit that follows my sister in law around. Her name is being said repetedly and it's not a fairly common name. She was sitting at the table eating cake, and the spirit, who said his name is Paul, would keep saying cake over and over. He says things like he's here to protect her. It is kind of creepy.

whoa...did your sister in law play with the franks box first then the spirit started to follow her? that is creepy but please be careful as the others have said on here. best of luck to you.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

I was curious as to if you have performed your experiment yet and if it worked or not.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by burnboy07

Hi burnboy. I checked your profile and see that you only post very intermittently on ATS. So you might never see this, but I was wondering if you might be willing to start a thread and tell us about your experiences.

I would love to hear more.

Thanks,
liw

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by browneyedgirl8

we all knew the story and the persons name, but it was name right on request, and far more pronounced and clearer than any of the scramblings. and yea, subconciously you might want to hear your own conclusion, so you have to try and just listen to the noise, and not what you think you hear. Also a second person came through when talking, whos name was albert, and he happened to come through on other investigations and even a seance [sp] that the investigation leader went on. Albert is on of the assistants father who passed away and left ost of his money to one particular son and not the other for unknown reasons. we did not know this at the time that we were talking to him. the assitant asked "why did one get more than the other" and the "reply" was "he deserved it". Then we asked who he was and what happened, and got the story i just retold. Quite interesting, because we heard it, yet did not have any knowledge or understanding of the question.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by I Am The Influence

That is definitly pretty cool! Thanks for answering my question. It's freaky to know that it wasn't the mind altering the outcome with you having no beforehand knowledge!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join