It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GHostbox...anyone tried it before??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
ok I am going to try this again. I just wrote this and next thing i know the page dissapeared and took me back to board page. I am going to try to remember it how i wrote it the first time since i don't know how to save on here.

I really don't know how to start. I guess I will give a bit of background on myself.
I was raised in a christian home where we didn't believe in anything "paranormal". I always have had an open mind and a curiosity to anything paranormal or unknown. i have only had one experience where given the situation could be a ghost. and i think i saw my fathers ghost once but i was heavily medicated so i don't really know. I have had another experience where i saw something that i can only say was a ufo. not neccesarily saying it was aliens...who really knows. but i won't go into those things right now as i have something else weighing quiet heavily on my mind for the past week.

I guess i need to give a little history before i delve into what i am trying to ask. My husband and I started dating in high school. couple years after we graduated his great grandmother (she basically raised him) passed away in 1999 on Dec. 23. it was hard but not unexpected. 7 months later in July of 2000 again 23rd my husbands sister who was 17 at the time passed away unexpectedly. the following year 2001 in october and again on the 23rd my father passed away. (i have heard about a phenom with the number 23 but have never looked into it) now in 2002 my husbands mother passed away in july but not on the 23rd this time. Well we just thought the number 23 was unlucky for us and dreaded any kind of news on the 23rd of any month. Well we never had anything paranormal happen to either one of us. my husband is a total skeptic and doesn't believe in anything that is well known.
Last week, my husband ran into one of his customers at work who he see's about once a month. I don't know too much about her other than husband occasionally bringing up her name. Well a few months ago he told me her husband of 30 years passed away (only reason he is telling me this is because of her paranormal experience and he knows how i am with that kind of stuff) and a few weeks later she started experimenting with evps. well she routinly comes in once a month and by chance she was as he put it rambling to him about the experiences.
ok back to what happened last week...he said she has started to pick up a soft female voice on her evps(i think he said she uses her computer to capture them...i will have to ask him as i can't really remember) the same message over and over.
tell Thomas(husbands name) amy(his sister), Traci(his mom) irene(his grandma) and tom(my father) is ok. now he didn't know what to think other than to tell me about it. i think he pretty much wrote it off as it being ridiculous. Well the thing that got me was all the names of the people she suppossedly heard. i asked him if he asked her for copies of it and he did. she said she wanted to bring it to him to see if he recognized the voices. she never had a female come through. Well she wasn't telling him this because she thought anything about it concerning him, just told him as an update to her story as she is passing through monthly. ok so i started to research about evps and came across this on youtube called ghostbox and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them if they really work. here is a link i found on youtube about modifying the ghostbox which i think is a weather radio. ok for some reason i hit the youtube button and nothing is happening. here is the link and i will try to update later before i lose my information again.
www.youtube.com...

here is another video on someone using the ghostbox. she thinks it is her nephew who passed.
www.youtube.com...

i guess my question is has anyone used this? i would think the voices are from the stations and not evps...any thoughts? thanks!

[edit on 21-5-2009 by browneyedgirl8]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
sorry i ran out of room...anyways to clarify one of my statements above the lady was just telling my husband about all this. and he put the names together and then procceded to tell her about our family deaths. so thats pretty much it for right now until she comes in again and hopefully with copies of the recordings. hopefully someone has some experiences or thoughts about this as i am a little bewildred who knows maybe it is all just a coincidence.

ok i have tried to edit my above post and i can't embed the youtube videos i dont know what i did wrong but when i try now it erases the last paragraphs. bear with me i was new in february and wrote a few threads then got really sick and hadn't been on since then. sorry for all the problems!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Would a ghostbox be the same as Frank's Box?

Frank's Box

A google search really didn't turn up that much information.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyfrompain

I think more or less it is the same concept but i honestly do not know i am new to all this evp stuff. Franks box sounds more intricate than the ghost box i posted about but i dunno. The ones I posted from youtube was i think a weather scanner from radio shack that was modified by cuting a mute cord to have continious feedback. That is what i can gather from it. But technology wise i have no idea how they are picking up voices or having conversations with who they think are the dead. honestly the first thought i had was why wouldn't the voices they are hearing just be from the radio stations or whatever frequency the radio picks up. I was just curious as to if anyone has tried any of these methods and if they really do work or if it is just static and radio feedback. the last video i posted was of a woman who thinks its her nephew and they communicate back and forth. At this point I just have no idea. i was thinking that if they were trying to communicate with us i would try a go at attempting the ghost box. Thanks for that link to Franks box it looks interesting.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I would strongly recommend taking a look at www.worlditc.com
Although this site is not updated that regularly, there is a wonderful section in the sidebar called "researchers' results". You will find that every researcher has a different method, and extremely varied apparatus to achieve the same end - contact with spirit. The results too range from the marginal to the absolutely stunning.

The basic idea across this discipline (Instrumental Transcommunication or ITC - which encompasses EVP) is that the old way of communicating was either via mediums or directly (directly isn't always 'cool' with people - especially those with preconceived ideas and/or strong religious views). These mediums, despite being tuned in to the communication, still did not provide a clear channel for the spirit.

If technology could replace the medium, the communication could become clearer and less 'coloured' by the human medium. Thomas Edison had mentioned during his lifetime that he wished to build such a device (read "The Scole Experiment" to see a schematic for such a device reportedly sent by Edison from 'the other side').

From my understanding, the human involvement is not completely removed from the communication as a certain amount of energy is required from the human operator, and they should also be in a state of mind which will allow the communication to freely flow. A synergy must exist.

Are the word formants just the sound-bites from the various channels as they are skipped through? Perhaps. However, one must take into consideration the odds of any response being in context and relative to the conversation. Possibly, these formants are being manipulated into context by external forces.

Some of the most incredible communications in ITC/EVP research have been from a group called Timestream. Timestream is a group of spirits (and other entities) that are/were dedicated to establishing communication 'bridges' between their vibration and ours. Many people communicated with them, and the technology used was extremely varied.

Detuned radio receivers have been used extensively by many researches because of the white noise produced. Since this noise includes all audible frequencies the formation of sounds is easily achieved from a purely energy based standpoint. (BTW: That "White noise" movie really didn't capture the true nature of this research)

This "Ghostbox" seems relatively intriguing. "Why not?" I say! If it works, great.

As noted above, this is true scientific research and not just belief based. As a consequence the apparatus, methodology and approach constantly change as they are fine-tuned to achieve the best results possible. There's no rule book on this, and often the changes are made at the request of the spirit communicators.

A lot of the results can be dismissed where they appear to be marginal (matrixing, stretching to hear what you want to believe you heard etc.). Some results are quite incredible.

Don't discount all of this discipline. Look at everything, and make your own mind up. The spirits have a habit of letting you know the right direction to look.

One day in the future we may even have a 'telephone' to the spirit world.

Good luck to you.
Love and light.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's my understanding that it basically cycles through AM or FM frequencies non-stop.

I talked with several people about it and came to the conclusion that if this is indeed what is being done, then picking up words here and there may cause a sentence to come out of it not to mention any interference from other radio's being used.

I guess we racked it up to the equivalent of a visual illusion only in this case it could very well be an audio illusion. Not saying that's what it is 100% but it is a sound idea (no pun intended).

It's cheap enough to test out on your own by getting a radio that cycles through the frequencies non-stop and if it picks one up (radio station) it doesn't stop cycling through it just keeps going.

I was told for best results use the AM frequencies instead of the FM.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

Thank you so much Badgered for all the info. I will take a look at the site you listed and check all the info out. I appreciate all the info you have. I wanted to see if this ghostbox would work to see if our loved ones are trying to convey a message to us. Have you every heard of someone that you don't really know just talking about evp's and next thing you know its the names of your loved ones? maybe it is just a coincidence but i was hoping maybe it was their way of reaching out to us. well i will take a gander at the site and see what i can come up with. thanks again.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Thanks Darthorious that is what i was looking for! I pondered on the thought that perhaps it is just all the voices from different stations or frequencies coming together and the way our minds work trying to make a pattern out of the voices or to associate it with our lives. So you have tried this before? if so have you had any experiences to where you know it wasnt just the radio voices? The video i put up of vickie talking to her nephew at first i thought maybe its possible but the more i think about it, it could just be her mind making her see or i mean hear what she wants. it is kinda eerie though how he calls her aunt vickie though. as for the song she says he sings for her i dunno i think its the radio! Thanks

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
so did you try it yet?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
hey all - i have used the Ghost Box (Radio Shack Hack) for a while now. Some of the best results i have gotten were by using a digital voice recorder, and playing the ghostbox sounds a little slower and i was picking up all kinds of voices, some saying my name and even telling me what color shirt i was wearing lol. It was really creepy. The weirdest response i got, was from some woman saying "Ryan, is that you?" - and i kind of stopped messing with it after that.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
hey all - i have used the Ghost Box (Radio Shack Hack) for a while now. Some of the best results i have gotten were by using a digital voice recorder, and playing the ghostbox sounds a little slower and i was picking up all kinds of voices, some saying my name and even telling me what color shirt i was wearing lol. It was really creepy. The weirdest response i got, was from some woman saying "Ryan, is that you?" - and i kind of stopped messing with it after that.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by brooklyn87

nope haven't tried it as of yet, went to 2 different radio shacks and can't find the right radio. guess i will have to look online.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

That's really freaky knowing the color of your shirt, did you ask that question or was it just random? creepy if your name is ryan. Really makes me more interested in it now.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just wanted to check in with this. As much as I have been tempted to try this at home, I haven't. Maybe elsewhere, but not home.

...and most of you know the reason's why.

You can attract uninvited guests.

browneyedgirl: Why continue to pursue this? You got the message from the lady your husband knows that everyone is okay. Maybe that is all they needed to say.

Grief can make us desperate to find answers, I know that. Just be careful.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Ziggy, I would love to hear more about your experiences with this...
(past experiences), ie some of the the things you captured.

The woman's voice...could it have been a relative? We don't know if Ryan is your actual name. Was the question to you? If so, why did you find it foreboding? Did it sound sinister?

Anyway, thank you for posting this. I am, perhaps, too curious about these type things.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by browneyedgirl8

Thanks Darthorious that is what i was looking for! I pondered on the thought that perhaps it is just all the voices from different stations or frequencies coming together and the way our minds work trying to make a pattern out of the voices or to associate it with our lives. So you have tried this before? if so have you had any experiences to where you know it wasnt just the radio voices? The video i put up of vickie talking to her nephew at first i thought maybe its possible but the more i think about it, it could just be her mind making her see or i mean hear what she wants. it is kinda eerie though how he calls her aunt vickie though. as for the song she says he sings for her i dunno i think its the radio! Thanks

Have never gotten anything from it that can be said yes it definitely was a spirit or a clear voice across it.

Just the other night me and a friend were discussing just making and using a CD that only has white noise on it and seeing what the results would be. We talked about having a repeating white noise pattern so to speak every 30 seconds that way if it was an auditory hallucination you would hear the exact same thing every 30 seconds. If you didn't hear the exact same thing then hey who knows.

Somehow we would have to test the 30 second clip to make sure there were no noises except for the white noise itself in it so not sure how to go about that but it's a starting point I guess.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Just wanted to check in with this. As much as I have been tempted to try this at home, I haven't. Maybe elsewhere, but not home.

browneyedgirl: Why continue to pursue this? You got the message from the lady your husband knows that everyone is okay. Maybe that is all they needed to say.

Agree the uninvited guest situation could be very bad.

I have always pawned off all haunting as residual to an extent.
However a newer co-worker of mine has well lets just say educated me on uninvited guests with enough proof for me to take it seriously.

So the white noise idea with a 30 sec loop is being cautiously talked about and research into what if's just in case. Then there's always adding the ping pong balls and red lights which I'm all for trying it out but not everyone is convinced it's a good idea. Then when I heard about that magnetic head piece on top of it well would love to try it but I wonder if it affects the actual electrical impulses in the brain to hallucinate sense typically large doses of EMF's do.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yes, my name is Ryan, thats the odd thing of it all. i got interested in this after seeing a youtube vid about it and purchased my own. I've gotten tons of responses, with the best i've told you about. I mainly try to ask questions that i know will not be said on the radio. For example, ill say, can you say my nickname, which everyone usually callls me anyway, and it will say Ziggy. The more i ask, whoever says it gets irritated. Some voices do sound sinister, but sometimes they say nice things, its just garbled because of using radio frequency.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

But why do you think this is superior to just a plain ole tape recorder?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

. Thanks I will be careful. I guess I should have clarified a little bit. I have always been interested in the paranormal as stated above but when the incident happened my intention was not to pursue our loved ones as they all passed over ten years ago and have dealt with the grief. I was just looking into evps as this brought my curiosity out again. I came across the ghostbox and never heard of it before. Again thanks for the info and I will be careful if I find one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join