It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Large dark object above the sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just what is this that has been caught on film for a documentary?

(click to open player in new window)

Unfortunately the actual clip is as long as it plays for here.. but something was in the sky that day, or was it actually just orbitting in space and it was big enough for its chadow to be seen here... a bit like a very miniature eclipse...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Extralien]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
this is a common occurance with the camera lense. there was a thread about the same thing just the other day. They even had multiple examples of the same thing. Nice commercial at the beginning though.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
yeah looks like an overload on the cameras sensors. Too much brightness can have this effect

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I've never seen anything like that on any film, photograph or video. I've been doing my own photography since i was 8yrs. old...

IMO, that is an actual object there. As the camera moves, you can see all the other lense flares/reflections moving across the screen as the cam moves, but the object stays perfectly still in the original position that the shot opened up at.

I am very hesitant to think or assume that it was anything to do with light/lense refraction... otherwise I would not have spent three hours trying to get that from the documentary and host it onto the net for others to see.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

It will stay in the 'same place' because the sun is there. That is where the CCD is overloading. Now, if it moved away from the sun, then you'd have something.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

I've never seen anything like that on any film, photograph or video. I've been doing my own photography since i was 8yrs. old...

IMO, that is an actual object there. As the camera moves, you can see all the other lense flares/reflections moving across the screen as the cam moves, but the object stays perfectly still in the original position that the shot opened up at.

I am very hesitant to think or assume that it was anything to do with light/lense refraction... otherwise I would not have spent three hours trying to get that from the documentary and host it onto the net for others to see.

here's a picture from google using the search "photo of sun, black dot"

edit, and here's the google picture page for CCD overload
images.google.co.uk...

[edit on 21/5/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thank you very much for providing those images.

But there is a difference.

The images you have provided all have a very black spot dead centre of the sun.

The video shows a dark/grey spot above the sun...not central.

If it was central and as black as the images you've given, then i may be persuaded to think again.. Seeing as it is off centre, it has to be something else.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
unable to view ATS videos for some reason...

is there a copy on Youtube?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The black dot wont always show up dead center of the sun. It will always show closest to the brightest spot these are the sensors being overloaded and shutting off nothing more.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
check out this thread and you will see the black dot does not always have to be in the middle of the Sun

this black dot chased a guy on a Motorcycle !

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well, at least we're all learning something

Ok, the images provided in the link above to show CCD overload all seem to come from either a blackberry or a cell phone.. the vid provided with the guy on the bike has a cam strapped to his lower arm.

none of these cameras have the capability to reduce/cancel this CCD overload..they are just not designed to be super duper cameras.

The docmentary that this video clip is from was shot using something like, equivalent or better than this camera

The Hyper HAD 1000 Imager has a high well capacity which elevates imaging capability at the upper extremity of light level - while the photosensors HAD technology dramatically lowers the dark current at the lower extremity. The combination of extending both boundaries endows this CCD with an unprecedented 600% effective dynamic range.

Sony's excellent techniques in CCD overload drain design provides superbly anti-blooming characteristics - even on the most severe of highlights. Total absence of blooming, comet-tailing, and image retention allow unprecedented new creative freedom in imaging - particularly in outdoor OB applications.

I'm currently trying to see if I can find the exact camera used in the making of this documentary.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

that is a very persisitant "black dot". Sorry I don't have the link to the thread. It was earlier this week. there were several camera people who gave scientific examples of this phenominon. If the OP wishes to believe it is something else, then it is. My $.015.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm sorry to break up the party here but the entire effect seen in this video is done in post production. The "glare", the dots leading up the camera as well as the sun itself has been added in digitally with an effects package in a program such as Final Cut pro.

Based on the absence of shadows close to the camera, the sun would have been higher than is shown in the shot, it would have been above the view of the camera.

Someone has replaced a cloud within the cloud formation with a large glowing "sun" complete with glare that tracks when the camera moves.

Look at the way that the house stays in perfect focus as the camera pans across the scene. If the sun were there, the focus would either adjust (if on auto) or the house would be in pitch darkness in order to capture the brightness of the sun.

This is not a case of photography it is a case of filmmaking, and these are quite simple effects that can be done on the cheap.

I'm not the type that jumps on footage and labels it "cgi" immediately but i have seen this technique done on a few occasions with similar results.

I am a film production major at a highly regarded university, months away from graduation.

If you don't believe me, find another filmmaker or film production major and have them look at it, they should say the same thing, otherwise they're lying about their knowledge.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I'm up for all explanations and theories etc.. obviously I would like to confirm exactly what it is.

i even thought it might be a hot air balloon which just happened to be in the right place to create a shodow image, but it just did not fit in as a balloon..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ebd8f59d0d9.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes, it does bare some resemblance to CCD overload, but it is far less defined and nowhere near as dark as some of the other examples. Is this due to the ability of the camra used to reduce the 'clarity' of the 'black spot'?

CCD overload is a whole new area to me.. so I really appreciate the input here.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by coincidence_theorist

Interesting information..

But, why go to all that bother for a documentary about a man who can handle electricity running through his body with no il effects... why do all this image editing to make something like this in a docu?

it don't make sense to waste time on doing that.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's a common film artifact

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You are right it would make little sense to do that. However, was this shot made FOR the documentary, by the documentary filmmakers? It is quite possible that this particular shot was made for different reasons and then inserted into the documentary because it was "pretty".

But it is true, without knowing anything about the documentary It is hard to comment, I had assumed that the documentary was on the subject matter being discussed here.

That being said, for the time being I hold to my conviction that the effect was created in post production, it carries way to many similarities to the work I've done and seen. But I admit, this isn't my area of expertise, and I am doubtful I would be able to recreate the footage. I have just witnessed the same effect done countless times.

now THAT being said, I am not trying to discount that their is an object near the sun that is hurdling to earth, I just don't think this is proof of that.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So what's your opinion on everyone else saying it is CCD overload?

I can see thier point and am grateful of their input, but covering every angle, including camera technology, is important in all aspects of understanding of what this artifiact/obkect/image is...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

From my experience CCD overload only occurs on equipment that is not of professional quality i.e cell phones and economically priced camcorders. It does usually tend to produce a darker than average image as well, with the bright spot blowing out and the rest of the image appearing much darker than was observed.

The quality of the colours in this particular video suggest to me that the camera being used probably has 3ccd technology which is common in all professional/semi professional video cameras. 3ccd uses three separate chips to handle each of the colors hitting the camera lens, red, blue and green, as opposed to a single chip that handles all three colors. In my opinion, by separating the colors it should prevent something like CCD overload from happening since they are handled independently from one another.

I could be wrong however, this is just my understanding on it, please correct me If I am wrong because I don't want to give out false information.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Thank you for that.. From the info provided by the previous poster about CCD overload anf the data i found relating to pro cameras, your info helps us understand more about it..

This portion of video is from a professional national TV channel documentary.
There are several other shots of the same area with less, equal and possibly brighter shots of the same sky.

I am trying to locate the docu online.. It should be appearing on here at some point..
demand.five.tv...
But if you want to try ang find it yourself then search for
" extraordinary people electric human "

new topics

top topics

join