It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass exodus from UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I'm looking to get out of the UK within the next couple of years myself.

There are several reasons for this which I intend to bore you all with.

Firstly is the social side of things. There is a rapidly expanding 'underclass' for want of a better word, in the UK. These people have no respect for human life, property, community values or themselves. Unfortunately, they are allowed to run amok in our cities causing havoc and discontent at every given opportunity. To be honest with you, I despair at what our country will be like in 20 years time. The young, generally, do not value education and would rather be famous - for any reason at all - than take some pride in something that they have achieved.

Our government is corrupt to the highest levels. The politicians sit there and smile dementedly - yes, Hazel Blears, I am looking at you - while ripping of us taxpayers to fund their own lifestyles when more often than not they are extremely wealthy themselves. Anyone else seem to notice how the MP's who appeared to claiming the most money for 'ethically dubious' expense claims were already rather wealthy and could probably afford these things anyway?

We are spied on in every way. One CCTV camera for every 14 residents of the country. Can that be justified? In my view, no it can't. The NWO could well spawn over here.

Our laws are becoming more and more draconian in the name of 'preventing terrorism.' Is the terrorists whose lives are being hindered by these laws and having their civil liberties infinged? No - it is you and me - the everyday, average joe, who just wants to get on with their lives and enjoy themselves.

The NHS appears in meltdown. I can't get a doctors appointment. I know people who can't get counselling or pain management appointments. I understand that there's a high demand for these things but why is that? Is due to the pressure that our working culture puts on people every day of their monotonous, tax-ridden lives?

That leads me nicely onto my next point.

THe work culture over here is crazy. Work life balance? What's that? All I seem to do sometimes is work. Weekends? They're either spent working at home or as a complete zombie because of the pressure to perform and deliver at work, only to give a huge chunk of the pittance I earn back to government to pay for having their moat cleaned or whatever else they decide to waste my money on.

Our court system is a shambles - people get minimal sentences for serious crimes and the police are reluctant to much about any low level crime in most areas.

Green Day once referred to the USA as an 'idiot America.' Billy Joe, you were wrong - it's idiot UK. Fellow UK'ers. Take a look around you. Can you see illiterate kids loitering on a street near you? Can hear a politician pleading that they 'acted within the rules?' Can you see a CCTV camera from out of your window. Look at your most recentbank statement...been hit with any unfair charges recently? Look in your local park. Are there teenagers sat on the children's play area drinking cider and doing drugs? Have you heard of any stabbings, shootings and serious assaults recently in your area? When were you last abused by someone in a shop for no reason?

It is not a nice place to be. I am well aware that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, but I cannot take much more of this.

I despair at what our country has become - what we, as citizens, have allowed it to become. I would make a stand but I feel that I would not be joined by many. Most here are content with the status quo and are afraid to stand up for what they believe in.

Anyone considering moving here...don't do it. I urge you. You will not be happy here. Few are.
Peace,

MGGG

[edit on 25-5-2009 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Mass exodus, what a joke....

The Uk population is over 70 million, so that is a mere 0.3 % of the population left the UK.

those born in the Uk last year alone makes up for those who left.

Not to mention how many highly skilled foreigners migrated here.

As for the Uk being the front runner of being a police state, seems to me that Australia has recently taken 1st place in that race!

Who exactly asked the 11 million planning to leave? Cause they didnt ask me...

PS. I've only been living here for 6 years now, but can tell you the grass is just as dull and lifeless (If not more) on the other side of the fence.

I remember A while back there was talk of the Uk needing to downsize its population to 40 million to be fully self sustainable, could this just be one of the many ploy's brought in to attain that 40 million mark sooner??

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
As a UK citizen i can also attest that this country is nothing short of a joke.I would move in a heart beat if i had the finances to do so.Im ashamed by the culture of the country today,although of course the uk does have *some* good points

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Please no more poms in OZ, there is enough whinging going on with the ones over here now. Im sure Spain would love some more !

Here is a better idea, instead of jumping ship why don’t you get the country back in order, does not sound like too much love of country going on in the good ol’ GB.

Probably start by removing the German royalty that leaches on your country resources.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dontbealala

I'd love nothing more than to get the country in order. Easier said than done though when you have out of touch politicians and a general population who are too stupid to realise what the hell is going on around them.

If enough people were aware or cared about the issues, then perhaps something could be done...

peace,

MGGG

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontbealala
Please no more poms in OZ, there is enough whinging going on with the ones over here now. Im sure Spain would love some more !

Here is a better idea, instead of jumping ship why don’t you get the country back in order, does not sound like too much love of country going on in the good ol’ GB.

Probably start by removing the German royalty that leaches on your country resources.

Please no, we don't want any more moving to Spain either! lol

I'm British and I moved to Spain 5 years ago, with my husband and 3 children. We've seen many Brits move here but the majority soon head back again. Usually when their money runs out and they realise they won't get any hand outs from the Spanish government. Off they trot back to the UK with their hands open wide ready to be housed, receive benefits, etc, etc. They quite openly admit what they're doing too.

Actually, we've been thinking of moving on from Spain but not back to Britain. There's a big world out there and I would like to experience as much of it as possible. I already did living in the USA and some parts of the Middle East, before I got married and had my children. Now my children are older we're all ready for the next adventure and to experience another culture.

From what I've seen and heard, most Brits move here to escape whatever problems they have, thinking the grass is greener. It's not - it's bloody hard work living in another country where you have to learn a new culture and language. Most of them actually want to live in a Little Britain here and because it requires too much effort they end up moving back to the UK. Average time they stay here is anything between 6 months and 2 years.

However, those that move here to try and integrate and experience the culture are the ones that end living here for many years. It's not always easy but life would be dull if everything was easy!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Well, I can make 3 solid and valid observations:

1. I love the UK and intend to visit as much as possible, but I don't have the hindsight of knowing how things have changed or used to be.

2. My wife is a native Brit...we have been married for 12 years and every time she visits home she comes back liking it a little bit less and feeling a bit less homesick. She just got back today and even though it was a "good visit" with friends and family it was a nightmare in other respects.

3. A couple of friends moved from the UK to southwestern France a few years ago and have never looked back or had any regrets whatsoever.

So for what it's worth, that's my take on this phenomenon. Sad, really, isn't it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join