It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook refuses to ban all Holocaust-denial groups

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Has anyone actually ran a search on FB? I'm having a hard time finding any "denier" groups, but i see plenty of "ban deniers" and "gaza holocaust" groups. I've even tried searching "holocaust revision". Most holocaust researchers prefer to be called "historical revisionists" versus "denier" or "stupid/idiot".

Makes me wonder if they banned them all, after all.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
Has anyone actually ran a search on FB? I'm having a hard time finding any "denier" groups, but i see plenty of "ban deniers" and "gaza holocaust" groups. I've even tried searching "holocaust revision". Most holocaust researchers prefer to be called "historical revisionists" versus "denier" or "stupid/idiot".

I was going to check but I forgot that Facebook is behind a firewall at work. I'm sure there are one of two amongst the many pages of other Holocaust groups (which ever they may be), or they could have already had their pages taken down.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
From what i have gathered thus far... of the five "denier" groups in question, FB officially banned; "Based on the facts? There was no Holocaust" and "Holocaust is a Holohoax" ... and kept "Holocaust: A Series of Lies", "Holohoax," and "Holocaust is a Myth" all three are active (at the time of this post)

Additional details i discovered along the way, i found out that it's also illegal to deny the holocaust in France and Austria. As for other questionable groups they have shut down... "Isle of Man KKK," which urged members to keep the Island "free from foreigners" and included a picture of a hooded Ku Klux Klan member. FB interpreted the page as potentially encouraging violence.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

THANK YOU! I couldn't have said it any better myself. Star for you.

I actually wrote my final exam paper in my Comp 1 class about the Holocaust Denial laws, and all I have to say is that it is personally scary to me how much laws like this are catching on. Holocaust Denial is illegal in 13 countries and counting. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it became illegal in the US within the next few years.

I applaud Facebook for saying that they will not ban such groups yet. Yet is the key word, but it does buy time for the free speech of those involved. It would be absolutely absurd for Facebook to ban groups for Holocaust Denial and not other groups that promote such things like an Anti-Muslim mentality.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by riddle6
I actually wrote my final exam paper in my Comp 1 class about the Holocaust Denial laws

Sounds very interesting. Please share some of your findings with us.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Try searching for the group keyword "Fact Checkers"

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Given that Facebook has no obligation to maintain free speech on a private site, I can only assume they can gain in some form or fashion by allowing these groups as oppose to banning them.

Public image? Probably. "We are a site for the people! We respect your rights!" No business, whether it be brick and mortar or website, does something without crunching the numbers(what choice will make the most money/incur the least amount of loss).

[edit on 23-5-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

It was supposed to be an opinionated paper, so most of the information that I have is either explaining certain definitions or listening things like countries. I don't have much, but I'll still post what applies.

Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Israel, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Romania, and Switzerland all have laws that incriminate Holocaust denial in one way or another. Other countries, such as Slovakia, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Denmark, and Sweden, have either repealed legislation, decriminalized legislation, or completely rejected legislation all together. The Ukraine has a law that incriminates denial of both the Holocaust and the Holodomor Famine of 1932 and 1933.

One of the biggest things about this entire situation that bothers me the most is that all of those countries, as members of the United Nations, voted to adopt the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Article Nineteen of this Declaration states that: “Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.” The Universal Declaration of Human Rights is, however, not legally binding.

Most, if not all of that information can be found at Wikipedia, which I know isn't the best source, but everything that I have from there is all backed up by other sites.

Edit to add: The CODOH Revisionist Library has several sections on this very topic. I know that it is a Holocaust Revision website, but as far as I have been able to tell, it's a pretty good website for just about everything on the topic.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by riddle6]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

On October 16, 2004, President George W. Bush signed the Israel Lobby's bill, the Global Anti-Semitism Review Act. This legislation requires the US Department of State to monitor anti-semitism world wide.

To monitor anti-semitism, it has to be defined. What is the definition? Basically, as defined by the Israel Lobby and Abe Foxman, it boils down to any criticism of Israel or Jews.

I find this rather disturbing.. unless of course we put a stop to criticism of absolutely everyone... every color and creed otherwise any such legislation is racist/prejudiced against all those who are not Jewish or Israeli. No one person, religion or nationality should have special privilege over everyone else.

It reeks of elitism... that somehow Group A, is more special than Group B thus deserving it's own set of laws.

As far as holocaust denier websites/groups are concerned... though it's not my kind of thing, they have every right to exist and pursue their own beliefs under the freedoms afforded to them in the democratic world.

Maybe we need to start prosecuting 911 Deniers, Single Gun Theory Deniers, Climate Change Deniers, Moon Landing Deniers, and anybody else that brings official reports and stories into question? That would certainly spell the end of our beloved ATS!

IRM

[edit on 23/5/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

Thank you for the insights riddle6. I had no idea that so many countries had taken on the role of thought-police in this matter. Your find on their UN human rights hypocrisy is particularly revealing. The irony of the crime these governments are committing shows how out of touch they are with the higher purpose at hand.

The Committee for Open Debate of the Holocaust is an excellent reference for anyone to start in their quest for the truth. The more you double check their findings the more you come to see that the emperor has no close.

Historical Revision is in line with one of the central tenets of ATS... to deny ignorance. I challenge all of you here who had a knee-jerk reaction to take inventory and then ask yourselves really how committed you are to knowing the truth.

To help in this contemplation, i leave you with a couple noteworthy quotes worth further consideration:

"Intellectual freedom is the right of every individual to both seek
and receive information from all points of view without restriction."
~ American Library Association

"If a book be false in its facts, disprove them; if false in its reasoning, refute it.
But for God's sake, let us freely hear both sides if we choose."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture.
Just get people to stop reading them."
~ Ray Bradbury

"Revisionism means nothing more or less
than the effort to correct the historical record."
~ Harry Elmer Barnes

[edit on 24-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Good decision,although facebook is hardly the epitome of moral decency this is the right decision.BTW is it illegal to say the holocaust never happened in israel and germany or is it simply ALL research conducted into it that questions the official version.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

As far as I can tell, and I wouldn't exactly quote me on this, countries that have outlawed Holocaust denial generally state, in their laws, that it is illegal to deny the official story. However, everyone from actual deniers, to Professors at Universities, to individuals posting information online in a completely different country have been charged with a "thought crime." There was actually a case in I believe Germany where an individual (I can't remember his name) was charged with denial because of the information he posted on his website in a country that does not outlaw "thought crimes." If I remember correctly, the basis of the charge, despite his being in a different country, was that his information could be viewed on the internet by Germans in Germany, even though the information was posted on a website in the US.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well hey this is just silly! Are you telling me the kids on Face Book actually even know that World War II isn’t just an outdated video game?

Now history has proven that there was no soap made out of humans, or lamp shades made out of skin, or any of the nonsense that Simon Wiesenthal came up with after the war.

We know that most of the camps fell into Russian hands that well are just as honest as the day is long. We know that the Polish Catholics and Jews fight over who died and suffered the most at Auschwitz (Slavs died at twice the rate during the war than Jews).

We know the Nazis were meticulous record keepers and their own rolls don’t support the numbers anyone presents that vary between 1,000,000 and 6,000,000.

People who even follow history as it was recorded when it unfolded (newspaper archives) as opposed to the victors accounts of it, see why Jews inside of Nazi Germany had made fatal political blunders that led to them being political enemies of the state no religious enemies of the state and they were in fact housed in the camps with all other political enemies of the state.

Some people even see a wealth of real evidence that the Powers that Be including the Zionists deliberately used the Nazi movement to propel immigration to Palestine by Jews which had been a hard sell for travel agents to Jews until well, it kind of got deadly being one in Europe. Kaching every businessman loves a captive market.

Now if the Jewish Defense League doesn’t like that, or the Anti Defamation League doesn’t like that, or the State Department Doesn’t like that, or the Simon Wiesenthal Center doesn’t like that, or the folks in Tel Aviv or at the local Temple don’t like that, well bad news…the Agent in Charge of the local MOSSAD loves me, so good luck convincing him!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join