It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Tests Missile, Israel Now in Range

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster2
reply to post by Ownification

okay but as long as where using metaphors if me and my neighbour get into a argument and later that day i go into my backyard and fire off a gun they are going to see it as more then me making sure my gun fires correctly and IM going to know that. im not confused and even if iran doesnt want to talk the U.S is asking for talks and IRAN knows what testing a missile while they are asking for talks is going to convey. and as for playing politics EVERY country plays politics agreeing to those international laws is playing politics. but maybe your right they just decided to test a missle today. they had absolutely no reason they are completely oblivious to the message it conveys to other countries. they didnt do it to show israel they have the capability to strike back. they didnt do it to raise tension they just did it for s&g. regardless of irans objection to talks the situation is still there. and i havent EVER said anything was irans fault its just in 99.999% of situations like this its to convey a message and with the controversy around iran right now im assuming they had other reasons for doing this. i never said they couldnt have a nuclear program. i never said they had nukes in fact i said if you believe they have nukes when i even made a reference to it. but regardless of anything else. the FACT of the situation is israel and the U.S are going to see this as a rise of tension and iran knows this and that is a inarguable fact because none of these nations are stupid and they know the reprecussions in great detail of any of there actions.

It's like a House party where everyone has guns pointed at each other. Everyone is forced to be at the party but not everyone likes each other.

Some people will ignore each other and some people do nothing but talk smack to each other.

But everyone has a bunch of guns pointed at everyone else.

The new kid I-Ran doesn't even have a gun and everyone is talking smack to them and aiming a gun at them telling them

"NO you cannot have a gun I-Ran you already said you will stop at nothing to shoot IsReal. Why should we let you have a gun?".

The new kid is saying "IsReal has a gun, everyone else has a gun, I just want to learn how to make guns for target practice...but I will not be happy till IsReal leaves the party and never comes back."

How is that for an analogy?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

yeah thats a good analogy. its just the way i see it anything that happens happens for a reason. the reason while unknown is still fairly predictable because of the way most countries will react to this kind of thing. and i know iran isnt stupid im just curious as to what there reason for doing this is.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justanothergangster2

I am pretty sure they would nuke the crap out of Israel if they thought they could get away with it. I am willing to bet they could give a crap about fallout hitting Egypt or completely wiping out the Palestinians.

They want Israel GONE.

BADLY!

As in they are willing to sacrifice their own country to make it happen.

Its a holy war brothas and sistas. It is definitely not about leverage. Make no mistake about it Iran and Israel are at war. And religious justification is the General leading the armies.

There can only be 1 of 2 outcomes from this.

1) Israel attacks Iran in a preemptive strike. Most likely non nuclear.

2) Iran attacks Israel with a nuke strapped onto a rocket.

You could throw the deed to Fort Knox at Iran right now to try and steer them away from developing nuclear weapons. They have their minds made up. It is not about leverage. It is about droppin bombs on skulls.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Just to point out,
Israel was 'always' in range of others missiles.

This one just gives them more capability to hit Europe.

But thats ridiculous, why on Earth would Iran want to Attack Europe.

Then if they have no enemies at that range why do they then need such long range missiles?

I know why the US, Russia/USSR and china have them because each of them are the logical targets for the other but outside of Israel why does Iran need that kind of reach?

I'm just curious to hear your response.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

But thats ridiculous, why on Earth would Iran want to Attack Europe.

The fallacy lies in your reasoning for your question. Iran has missiles that can reach Europe! If you are not in a panic now you must love tyranny and hate freedom.

Snarkiness off.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Just what do you propose? Preemption? That line of thinking is what makes this world dangerous. To walk all over everyone, manufacture propaganda saying that you're not, then fearing the boogeyman so much that justification for aggression becomes "necessary".

Orwell is rolling in his grave. War is not peace.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Why would Iran do this? For anyone who has ever said that Israel is the major instigator at war this is proof against that. In this day in age every country has to think about what they do an say, some more than others. Let's face the fact's Iran has no chance against the US which means it has no chance against Israel. The best factor any country has against the US is that the people in the US are going to protest wars. Let somebody do something that brings us together. What if there somebody did something so bad that the US could actually use it's force to wage a war?

I am sure anything that actually effected the American's (notice I did not say American) way of life would accomplish this. No offense to any of you guys I just have a feeling that 75% of the people here are just going with the flow. I dunno you guys can blame that one cool videos with "cool" music and 7 second clips taking speeches out of context.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

War is not peace. But it is the outcome of one country telling the other they will stop at nothing until they cease to exist.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

War is not peace. But it is the outcome of one country telling the other they will stop at nothing until they cease to exist.

Sean Hannity, is that you? When did you register at ATS?

Honestly, being a bully does not entitle that bully to have whining-rights. If we are going to nuke them than nuke them, as a bullies will and would do. But to create all this propaganda like we are holier-than-thou and have no choice is beyond deceitful. I do not buy into the "evil" of Iran. I do buy into the "evil" of American foreign policy.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Oh I am not saying America's foreign policy is good. I would like to see the U.S. close ALL overseas bases. Pull out of Iraq and pull out of the Ghan. I would like to see some other countries step up and help out. Why would any other country bother wasting funds fighting extremist nations when good old Uncle Sam spends Trillions of dollars and sons and daughters doing it for them? (No offense to the U.S. Allies that are chipping in)

I am talking about the fact these guys ARE most definitely going to war.

I do not want ANY country to possess Nukes. But they have already got them. We need to stop countries from pursuing getting them. EVERYONE is going to want a nuke. Next thing we know Barbados is going to want Nukes.

But make no mistake about it these two countries are going to have a medium sized to nuclear sized engagement between them.

It will happen.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well,

Just because you dont have enemies doesnt mean you dont plan for worst case scenario's.
Secondly, Europe isnt an enemy, but the US bases in Europe capable of launching air attackes on Iran are.
Thirdly, You build things big to scare people off, if your missiles could only reach your enemies, or immediate borders, then the enemy is going to just sit outside the range arent they?

You dont build a missile with a specific target in mind, you build it to the best of your abilities, then promote how 'far' it can reach. I mean, if they built every missile to travel 1000miles, id be nervous If I was a country within that distance.

But getting back to my point,
Why does Iran hate the USA?
Because it blindly backs Israel.
Why does Iran hate Israel?
Because they occupy Palestine, and have the protection to bomb, strike and attach when they please, and they do!

This isnt an ARAB issue, it isnt a border dispute or a landgrab.

So to throw the idea out there that Iran would attack Italy, or the vatican is just pure nonsense. Nothing but gullable fear mongering.

Iran loses everything if it attacks europe, it will invite massive retaliation also. Iran have stated time and time again they will strike whom ever attacks them.

Problem is, too many gullable fools will believe that defensive retaliation was a terrorist attack, because stupid people say so!

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Many people would like the US the close all overseas bases but would that be for the best? What about our bases in South Korea. There are many young students over there that would like to see that happen but would it really be best for them? It is easy to say that we would like something like this to happen but have these people thought about the effects that this would have?

Is this fair for the US to play such an important role in the world, no. However, if it didn't happen then other problems would arise. Sometimes the easy solution just leads to more problems.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I think it is like that Mathew Mconaughey movie failure to launch. Where the guy is still living at home with his parents when he is 40 years old.

Give a country our protection they last as long as we are there protecting them.

TEACH a country to protect itself and it lasts well as long as they are not overrun or nuked or chem attacked or gassed or well...wait what was I saying?

Anyway the point is we have been in Korea what like 4 decades? And they still have war declared between them? HELLO? Any other countries want to help out here?

How is this solely a U.S. problem?

Where the heck is the U.N.?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I find it funny that so many people scream about spreading democracy throughout the world but the second a country (Iran) exercises their rights to freedom, equality and the right to protect itself, it's immediately deemed as evil. There are enough of Israels missiles pointed in Iran's direction (amongst others) as we speak so Iran have every right in the world to amass their own firepower/deterrents.

After all - Fair is fair!

IRM

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the first thread on this topic.

Thank you.

Closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join