It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Tests Missile, Israel Now in Range

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Iran Tests Missile, Israel Now in Range

www.military.com

May 20, 2009
Associated Press

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran test-fired a missile capable of striking Israel, U.S. Mideast bases and Europe on Wednesday - a show of strength touted by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as he battles for re-election next month against more moderate opponents.

The U.S. responded by saying Iran must choose between destabilizing the Middle East or accepting the dialogue offered by President Barack Obama. The U.S. leader threatened earlier this week that Iran could face further international sanctions if it does not respond positively by year-end to U.S. attempts to open
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I wonder if this might have a deterrent effect on the Israelis or simply strengthen their resolve to keep pushing for diplomatic green lights to a preemptive war of aggression against Iran.

Iran seems to be prepared to keep going tit for tat with the Israeli propaganda machine with endless barrages of their own media campaign.

This continues to look like the straw that could break the camel’s back and turn the Middle East into an open shooting gallery. Buy bicycles now America, the price of them is bound to skyrocket along with the price of gasoline if this does turn into a real war.

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Tehran said the solid-fuel Sajjil-2 surface-to-surface missile has a range of about 1,200 miles. It is a new version of the Sajjil missile, which the country said it successfully tested late last year and has a similar range. Many analysts said the launch of the solid-fuel Sajjil was significant because such missiles are more accurate than liquid fuel missiles of similar range, such as Iran's Shahab-3.

Military.com

I wonder if Israel's missle defense systems are that good? I now a lot has change since the first Gulf War and Scud Missles fired from Iraq had some success in finding targets in Israel.

Maybe this is part of why Israel is so keen to start a war in Iran before U.S. Troops exit Iraq?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Just to point out,
Israel was 'always' in range of others missiles.

This one just gives them more capability to hit Europe.

But thats ridiculous, why on Earth would Iran want to Attack Europe.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Just to point out,

Probably for the same reason Israel has nuclear armed intercontinental ballistic missles not only capable of hitting the United States but targeted at the United States...

We live in an awfully paranoid world friend...

Papers please!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Just to point out,

Rome?

The Vatican?

Has that thought ever crossed your mind?

kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 20-5-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
good old fashion saber rattling. you have to remember to that iran knows that this is going to put more pressure on the isreali leadership to do something about iran. so in the end what does iran have that would make them want israel to start a war with them? they aren't oblivious to the consequences of there actions so whats there real agenda? if they were going to attack europe they should have just done it. to me they are either trying to pressure someone to attack so they have an excuse to retalliate (possibly nuke israel if you believe they have nukes). or they are trying to deterr israel from attacking. technically they could do whatever to israel or europe anyway through the terrorist network this seems to be part of there PR campaign to become a regional superpower

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster2
good old fashion saber rattling. you have to remember to that iran knows that this is going to put more pressure on the isreali leadership to do something about iran. so in the end what does iran have that would make them want israel to start a war with them? they aren't oblivious to the consequences of there actions so whats there real agenda? if they were going to attack europe they should have just done it. to me they are either trying to pressure someone to attack so they have an excuse to retalliate (possibly nuke israel if you believe they have nukes). or they are trying to deterr israel from attacking. technically they could do whatever to israel or europe anyway through the terrorist network this seems to be part of there PR campaign to become a regional superpower

Yeah everything is Iran's fault lol, if Iran gets attacked Iran asked for it because Iran was testing some missile which the rest of the world already created years ago but it is still Iran's fault. Yeah Iran is pursuing nuclear technology which in result Israel will attack it, but oh yeah Iran was asking for it because Israel already have nuclear weapons, not peaceful nuclear technology alone but also weapons.

I don't get how your brain operates, everything is Iran's fault.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

IRAN tested a missle. when they are already in a precarious situation. to think they tested a missle just because it was "nice to see it fly". no they have an alterior motive and there is only two results to saber rattling. they are either going to provoke an enemy to attack or deterr an attack. nations dont just do things to do them everything has a reason.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by justanothergangster2]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

Just to point out,

Rome?

The Vatican?

kind Regards,

Elf

I truly believe the Roman Empire plays a far bigger role in all this war mongering and divide and conquer domestic and foreign warfare than anyone would even dream or imagine.

Rome (Vatican City), London and Washington D.C. are the City States that are the Capitols of a Roman Empire bent on coquering the world and establishing a One World Order for an age of mankind now.

Our Capitol's architecture is a tribute to Rome, our currency is a tribute to Rome, our Laws are all based in and patterned on the Roman system, our most popular religion is exported from Rome.

My Birth Certificate says born in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania but I have to confess, I have more or less accepted I am a citizen of Rome.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

We better hope the Israel's missile defense systems works, they using our defence missiles.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

IRAN tested a missle. when they are already in a precarious situation. to think they tested a missle just because it was "nice to see it fly". no they have an alterior motive and there is only two results to saber rattling. they are either going to provoke an enemy to attack or deterr an attack. nations dont just do things to do them everything has a reason.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by justanothergangster2]

Precarious situation? What does that suppose to mean? I never said they tested it because they like they view, I just brought to your attention that in your comment it seemed everything was Iran's fault. Get it? Now again it is Iran's fault because they are testing the missile. They are testing the missile which could give us two hints into their intentions. Hint #1 attract enemies to attack. Hint #2 just a test upgrading their weaponries for self defense purposes. Now, if everything wasn't Iran's fault you would go with hint#2. But in your little world everything is Iran's fault therefore it is only logical to exclude the fact that Iran hasn't attacked any country for over a century now. Excluding that and many other facts from the equation leaves you lite headed and happy because once again 'you were right', everything is truly Iran's fault.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

and i understand where your coming from but they are in the midst of talks with the U.S about there nuclear program they are a focal point of controversy and then they test a long range missle. coincidence? no like i said they know how other countries are going to see this as something more than a simple test of weapons given the CONTEXT of the situation. im not attacking iran im just saying given the situation they are in this isnt just a test they are sending a message. and they know how other countries are going to react. just like america knows how iran is going to react if they put more economic sanctions on them. just like israel knows what would happen if they tested a missile that could reach iran right now. im just making a comment on the situation and talking about a possible agenda to why they chose NOW to test this specific missle.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Rome?
The Vatican?

What stupidiy to believe Iran intends , wants, desires or even has any real reason to ATTACK the Vatican.

Do people really subscribe to this horsecrap?

Iran are yet to threaten invade or attack anyone in modern times.

yet, people are putting this crap out, that the Vatican are in danger?

What a stretch of common sense!

Isnt it meant to be the jews they are murdering?
No wait.. its Israel isnt it?
Now its the pope?

can people get their fear mongering under one umbrella?

Hey heres one for ya, I also heard Saddam was only minutes away from launching a biological / checmical attack on DC!

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait

We better hope the Israel's missile defense systems works, they using our defence missiles.

I can only hope we didn't give them the manuals to use them correctly then!

I can't believe as American Tax Payers we pay to develop the most sophisticated technology just to give it away to some third independent party.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
When will we just leave Iran and its peoples alone for christs sake...all these people/countries sound like adolescent children bickering in the school yard.When threatened of course you are going to throw more money into the military,the country is at stake.Its only rational to develop and test new military hardware given such circumstances.Im pretty sure if given the choice Iran would rather focus on tackling its high unemployment rate in the younger generation than all this BS.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
When will we just leave Iran and its peoples alone for christs sake...all these people/countries sound like adolescent children bickering in the school yard.When threatened of course you are going to throw more money into the military,the country is at stake.Its only rational to develop and test new military hardware given such circumstances.Im pretty sure if given the choice Iran would rather focus on tackling its high unemployment rate in the younger generation than all this BS.

I couldn't agree with you more, the war mongering going on is completely out of control.

To tell you the truth I think it's because our own government is ill prepared and undesirous of confronting our own unemployment problems and shattered economy brought on by too many years of special interests corporate and religious lobbying Congress to function only on their behalfs and not the citizens.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

im not attacking iran im just saying given the situation they are in this isnt just a test they are sending a message. and they know how other countries are going to react. just like america knows how iran is going to react if they put more economic sanctions on them. just like israel knows what would happen if they tested a missile that could reach iran right now. im just making a comment on the situation and talking about a possible agenda to why they chose NOW to test this specific missle.

Point of correction, Iran doesn't want to discuss its nuclear program with anyone, especially the U.S. It is the U.S that wants to talk to Iran about its nuclear program, that makes everything different. Iran has every right to pursue nuclear technology, no one can say other wise. It is America and it's puppet's fault that Iran is in the midst of this controversy just like Cuba.

The United Nations 192-member General Assembly voted overwhelmingly -- 185-3 with two abstentions -- Wednesday morning to condemn Washington’s economic, commercial and financial embargo against Cuba.

No one else is to blame except Iran, right?

but they are in the midst of talks with the U.S about there nuclear program they are a focal point of controversy and then they test a long range missle. coincidence?

coincidence? I understand world politics, but this is not about politics and surely the hardcore Islamic regime of Iran doesn't play politics do they? I'm quiet sure they don't. They do as they please, as long as it is not against International laws which they signed up for. Pursuing nuclear technology is one of the rights Iran has. They allowed full inspections of the sites, nothing out of ordinary found. Get over it.

no like i said they know how other countries are going to see this as something more than a simple test of weapons given the CONTEXT of the situation.

The context of the situation? OK let me make this simple for you, you are confused, and that confusion is due to politicians doing their job, their job is to confuse the public which is you. A+ for you Obama.

Firstly Iran has every right to pursue nuclear technology which you can't argue against. The context which you are referring to is the suspicion that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons. Right? Mix that with long range missiles puts panic in to the hearts of its enemies pushing them to attack Iran as soon as possible, right? Here is the point, read carefully.

When a cop suspects that you are making a bomb but has no proof, according to the law even if that individual is making bombs and planning to explode it, the police are not permitted to act. Why do you think that is?

Here is the answer, because suspicion can be used by political morons to do what ever they want. Get it. You can use the suspicion for personal gain. 'I suspect you are an Iranian terrorist pretending to be CON Iran to gain support and to divert the attention of counter terrorist police somewhere', wait, wait, wait I have no proof for this allegation. The U.S government had no proof of WMDs in Iraq, the situation, the context you are talking about is and was created by America and their Jewish masters. So the context which you keep refering to is nothing but a hoax, we have seen it before. Like Bush himself said;

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

ust like israel knows what would happen if they tested a missile that could reach iran right now.

Israel is armed by the U.S, they already have much more sophisticated missiles then the ones which are capable of reaching Iran.

[edit on 103131p://31b5 by Ownification]
Typos

[edit on 103131p://31b5 by Ownification]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

My maternal grandfather was oft fond of saying "Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me...fool me three times...SHAME on you!"

There sure is not much wonder how Snake Oil Salesman found such a great market in the United States of Americe.

We don't as citizens often put very good or much thought into our questions, and we on a whole put even less thought into analysing the answers we often receive to realize most of the time they are non-answers and the rest of the time they are bad answers.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

okay but as long as where using metaphors if me and my neighbour get into a argument and later that day i go into my backyard and fire off a gun they are going to see it as more then me making sure my gun fires correctly and IM going to know that. im not confused and even if iran doesnt want to talk the U.S is asking for talks and IRAN knows what testing a missile while they are asking for talks is going to convey. and as for playing politics EVERY country plays politics agreeing to those international laws is playing politics. but maybe your right they just decided to test a missle today. they had absolutely no reason they are completely oblivious to the message it conveys to other countries. they didnt do it to show israel they have the capability to strike back. they didnt do it to raise tension they just did it for s&g. regardless of irans objection to talks the situation is still there. and i havent EVER said anything was irans fault its just in 99.999% of situations like this its to convey a message and with the controversy around iran right now im assuming they had other reasons for doing this. i never said they couldnt have a nuclear program. i never said they had nukes in fact i said if you believe they have nukes when i even made a reference to it. but regardless of anything else. the FACT of the situation is israel and the U.S are going to see this as a rise of tension and iran knows this and that is a inarguable fact because none of these nations are stupid and they know the reprecussions in great detail of any of there actions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join