It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC Analyst Loses It On Air

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wideawake08

I agree, with the latter, too. It really reminded me of Mel gibson in conspiracy theory-a real nutjob until you found out his rantings were based on facts.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
there are many ancient prophecies the world over that fortell the return
of the car people. so don t LOL laugh.

Ha ha, if we could mod on this site, I'd mod you up! That made me laugh.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus
Ive been in the currency exchange market for 10 years, and I understood him completely. He wasn't just going off the deep end, there were code words he was using. Thanks for the post. Goes back to making $$$ the old fashion way.

S&F

Care to explain some of the codes? I'd love to hear it!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ouch, that was painful to watch.
I figured out the code he was speaking though! He is letting us know that soon there will be ufo disclosure and I think he saw the light
And it came right down and landed on the ground
And out came a man from Mars
And he tried to run but he's got a gun
And he shot him dead and ate his head
And then he was in the man from Mars
He goes out at night, eatin' cars
He eats Cadillacs, Lincolns too
Mercurys and Subarus
And he don't stop, he keeps on eatin' cars
Then, when there's no more cars
he'll eat up bars where people meet.

I never took the guy to be a Blondie fan, but I guess he is!

Joking aside, I would place a wager on 'nervous breakdown'. The breakdown itself may be exasperated by the 'game' that is being played on Wall St and he is saying he wants no more of it. Cannot blame the poor guy. Nothing makes sense anymore and it is truly the end of the American era unless we figure out something to produce again.

I love how the d-bag after him starts off by saying how the stress tests were a huge success and how the banks are sooo great now.
I'd probably lose it too if I had to lie to the American public on a daily basis.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Please star this post if you agree with my vain attempt to decipher the seemingly incoherent babble of JM.

"I'm going to talk to you like a child"(because like a child you dont fully understand whats going on around you)

"you're"(a childlike "my world is ok" ignorant personality)

"what you get"("you" being anyone)

"when you try to talk to car people"(ask chrysler or gm their financial situation)

"like a half an hour ago"(recently, as in happening now)

Basicaly in the first sentence, we hear JM try to put as much info into as few words as possible.

In my opinion, JM states "A childlike blissfull ignorance is the reaction I got from chrysler and gm as recently as half an hour ago when I asked them about their financial situation"

Perhaps it takes one(an unstable mind) to know one.
Perhaps the insanity has rubbed off on me a little.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyler 720

You're probably closer than most.

When the 'car people' speak, they must do so in terms of gov't ownership and disregard for contract law and economics.

Obama's intervention in (formerly) private enterprise justifies a view that the world in which business and private financial decisions were made has ended.

The "car people" are speaking, but no one is listening.

This is the end of private enterprise and constitutional law in America.

It would drive me nuts too.

jw

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm not a doctor but this man seemed to be acting like someone who is under the influence of coc aine. If you have ever seen someone after too much partying that is exactly how they act. Noit saying he is but the similarities are scary!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
This guy flips out and gets excited all the time

The only guy i trust on that show is the skinny younger guy with black hair but i cant remember his name right now.. he is pretty smart

I certainly dont trust the optionmonster.com guys.. those guys love to steal your money, along with finnermann, either she is a disinfo player or she is a terrible market player

EDIT** Believe it is Tim Seymour

[edit on 20-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

I like Tim too, but I don't trust him. The markets are full of crooks who upgrade things when they want to get out and short or downgrade when they want to get in and buy. Cramer and the rest are all agents for them. Trust YOURSELF in the markets.

I think Macke is eccentric at times, but he has been saying he is flabbergasted. He did look like he was slightly going off the deep end in this clip. The scope of how much our world needs to wound down from all the illusions that wall street and excess credit and consumerism created can make anyone go insane if they haven't been reading ATS for years

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

I think Macke saw an extended view into what is coming for the
Auto makers that he keeps referring to.

What he saw made him snap.

I think some of what he saw was them basically transferring their
company to a nearly total overseas entity, and ghosting their
US operations.

The domino effect this will have due to 3,400 dealerships closing
in this "first big round" and eventually more, will be followed by
massive contraction in the supply chain in Canada and the US.

The former US cars will be made in Russia, China, and India as
that is where they are opening new plants.

The parts will be made there for less, and no union labor will be in it.

When this, and all that is inferred due to a end to end disruption, a
extended forecast was around 3 million US jobs lost.

Canada as a huge parts supplier will be hit hard as well.

The problem is we have weakness from other areas and ppl are
going into "turtle mode" and US sales of guns in a 90 day time frame
was enough to outfit the entire chinese and indian military.

90 day gun buys exceed size of military of China & India

The US public has voted with their wallets.

Sales of spam, seeds, and other long term items are up as well.

A degenerative feedback loop is used to cancel out noise on
data lines, and in this case that loop is canceling out purchasing power.

If you lost your job, or several co-workers lost their jobs, odds are
you are not going to buy a new car in shaky job market.

The $4/gal gas did not help Detroit either.

With huge inflation in the cards due to the bailout + stimulus
exceeding the 12 Trillion mark oil will not rise globally but it
will cost more here due to a decline in the dollar due to inflation.

The greenies are going to get their reduction in fossil fuel usage
over or under the table.

I agree that oil needs to go, but this is not the way to do it,
the potential for disaster is huge.

When you get large fuel costs back on the table you will see another
massive contraction of the US economy and this yo-yo effect will
push us kicking and screaming down the same road we went down
80 years ago.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

The only reason I say this is b/c T. Seymour has made some HUGE calls before that were quite profitable.. he seems just "smart" or "smarter" than the rest

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
btw, I haven't seen Macke on tv today, did I miss him?
He's definitely not on Fast Money tonight.

intriguing!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Seems as if they're very concerned for his health...

Source

and here
Source

We've also been told Macke was behaving erratically even before he went on camera Tuesday, which makes you wonder why they let him on in the first place. It also means that the outburst wasn't just some kind of self-aware joke he was playing on Kneale. One source familiar with the situation speculates the talks utimately will end with Macke leaving the network, a la Dylan Ratigan.

edit to add source..

[edit on 21-5-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The sins of man and Wall Street does have it's price. After reading those two sources looks like we won't be seeing him anymore.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
S&F LOL!

Yeah I remember the first time I took '___' I shouldn't have gone to work either...(joke!)

My translation of what he was saying is that it is insane to let the automakers go bankrupt and that Wall St is beyond repair.

He sees the evil in the system for the first time and his ego cannot accept his own complicity and naivete.

Hope he gets help and reveals some secrets before he disappears!

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Leo Strauss]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
As a person with almost 20 years intimate experience with car people...I can safely say...this man was talking to car people!

Waterboarding? That's for kids and amatuers!

A good car man can have you thinking canabalizing your only child is a good idea.

My best advice is just give GM, Chrysler and Ford all the money they want and this might not end up happening to you!

Got to go, since that latest break of the Antartic Ice Shelf the penquins are going to be needing to buy some ice, they are down to just 900 trillion tons now, that's never going to get them through!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Taken literally, he seems a french fry or 2 short of a happy meal.

Read between the lines, and the frustration that most people have absolutely no words to describe, are exposed for us in the only honest summation of this global mess that I have seen so far. Wowzer!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Not sure if this is posted or not, but this might give you some more context about his "car statements" and his obvious distrust of the Governments intentions.

I believe, as do some of the others that he speaks in code and is trying to warn people that some "trials" are on the way soon.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I noticed him while talking about cars in another interview say that we loose about 12 million a year to attrition. That word struck me funny as not sounding like a word you would use with cars. I researched and this is what I found that it basically means "Reduction in head count".

The war of attrition cannot be properly solved using the payoff matrix. The players' available resources are the only limit to the maximum value of bids; bids can be any number if available resources are ignored, meaning that for any value of α, there is a value β that is greater. Attempting to put all possible bids onto the matrix, however, will result in an ∞×∞ matrix. One can, however, use a pseudo-matrix form of war of attrition to understand the basic workings of the game, and analyze some of the problems in representing the game in this manner.

The game works as follows: Each player makes a bid; the one who bids the highest wins a resource of value V. Each player pays the lowest bid, a.

The premise that the players may bid any number is important to analysis of the game. They may even exceed the value of the resource that is contested over. This at first appears to be a non sequitur, as it would be foolish to pay more than the value for a resource. Remember, however that each bidder only pays the low bid. Therefore, it would seem to be in each player's best interest to bid the maximum possible amount rather than an amount equal to or less than the value of the resource.

There is a catch, however; if both players bid higher than V, the high bidder does not so much win as lose less. This situation is commonly referred to as a Pyrrhic victory. In contrast, if each player bids less than V, the player bidding a will lose, and the other player will benefit by an amount of V-a. If each player bids the same amount for a less than V/2, they split the value of V, each gaining V/2-a. For a tie such that a>V/2, they both lose the difference of V/2 and a. Luce and Raffia referred to the latter situation as a "ruinous situation"; the point at which both players suffer, and there is no winner.

The conclusion one can draw from this pseudo-matrix is that there is no value to bid which is beneficial in all cases, so there is no dominant strategy. However, this fact and the above argument do not preclude the existence of Nash Equilibria. Any pair of strategies with the following characteristics is a Nash Equilibrium:

* One player bids zero
* The other player bids any value equal to V or higher, or mixes among any values V or higher.

With these strategies, one player wins and pays zero, and the other player loses and pays zero. It is easy to verify that neither player can strictly gain by unilaterally deviating.

The evolutionary stable strategy below represents the most probable value of a. The value p(t) for a contest with a resource of value V over time t, is the probability that t = a. This strategy does not guarantee the win; rather it is the optimal balance of risk and reward. The outcome of any particular game cannot be predicted as the random factor of the opponent's bid is too unpredictable.

Another popular formulation of the war of attrition is as follows: Two players are involved in a dispute. The value of the object to each player is vi > 0. Time is modeled as a continuous variable which starts at zero and runs indefinitely. Each player chooses when to concede the object to the other player. In the case of a tie, each player receives vi / 2 utility. Time is valuable, each player uses one unit of utility per period of time. This formulation is slightly more complex since it allows each player to assign a different value to the object. Its equilibria are not as obvious as the other formulation.[\quote]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
btw, I haven't seen Macke on tv today, did I miss him?
He's definitely not on Fast Money tonight.

intriguing!

He's "sick" and won't be back...I believe he found out what the "end game" is.
Reduction in head count....

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

omg hahah the cheese slipped right off his cracker...now thats priceless. good one. lol

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join