It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Says Launches Missile With 2,000 km Range

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Israel's blatant disregard for human lives is disgusting and wrong.

I don't see Israelis hanging and stoning their own in alarming numbers. I don't see them marching gays to the crane or imprisoning citizens without charge for voicing an opinion contrary to the ruling party or publishing a newspaper that criticizes policy. I don't see acid thrown in the faces of "exposed"women on the streets of Tel Aviv. I think assessing "human rights" should first and foremost be addressed on the merit of how they treat their own people and not how they defend them.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by JanusFIN

Yeah we all know how effective those Russian air defense systems are. They worked so well in Iraq. I am sure our military already has ways to defeat the newer systems.

[edit on 5/20/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

Lets not forget how great the Russian missile systems did in stopping Israel from destroying Syria's nuclear reactor, er, uh, I mean bombing of nothing but desert.

From what I remember, the Israeli jets travelled across 1/2 of Syria to reach their target.

Simply put, if Israel decides to distroy Iran's nuclear bomb making, I mean peaceful-
, nuclear plants-refining and such, their is simply "NOTHING" Iran can do to stop it. Period!!!

That said, the only discussion left is any counter attacks from Iran, that can make it past Israel's defenses.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I suppose time will tell mrm, although i very much doubt Iran will be the walkover you think it will be.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher

I suppose time will tell mrm, although i very much doubt Iran will be the walkover you think it will be.

I never said it would be a walk over.

I did say that any attack would succeed and the only thing left to Iran would be what will they do about their destroyed bomb-making facilities.

Realize, Israel need not invade and will not.

This will be done with planes/bombs and missiles.

Iran is far to cowardly to do anything themselves, but I am sure they would have their lapdogs-hezbolla/Hamas attack.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
got to love iran .. i do

Yes, I believe it is now compulsary to love Iran if you live in the UK.

So you choose to love a country that:

Executes teenagers for having sex.

Executes homosexuals and those who deny their Muslim faith.

Has a leader who has called for genocide against another nation (quote "wipe Israel off the face of the map").

A nation who continues a nuclear program and the development of long range missiles in open defiance of world concerns.

You could publically state your fondness of Norway or Austria, or how about Tanzania, or an evolved Muslim nation like Egypt, but no, instead you love Iran, because they don't care what anyone thinks about their human rights abuses and continues to act as they please. The national equivalent of a punk teenager.

You must have REALLY loved South Africa in the apartheid days.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
BTW...

Incase this got beyond anyone...

The missile tested by Iran is an "OFFENSIVE" weapon.

It is not a defensive weapons meant to stop attacks on their nuclear bomb building facilities.

So this is not a we can defend ourselves, this is we can/will attack you, see out new toy we will use.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i think sadly, its a matter of time before Iran gets a good pounding from Israel.

The poor country cannot even possess the weapons they need for protection against bully states such as Israel.

I sense the military plans have just been brought forward by the testing of this medium range missile test.

Its OK for the US and Israel to kill hundreds and thousands of innocent civilians every year without consequence but as soon as a country arms itself lets kick their ass.

we live in a great world.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
i think sadly, its a matter of time before Iran gets a good pounding from Israel.

The poor country cannot even possess the weapons they need for protection against bully states such as Israel.

I sense the military plans have just been brought forward by the testing of this medium range missile test.

Its OK for the US and Israel to kill hundreds and thousands of innocent civilians every year without consequence but as soon as a country arms itself lets kick their ass.

we live in a great world.

Ahhh poor Iran. They havent done anything wrong. Mean old Israel and the US is picking on them like big mean bullies.

Seriously, is that what you believe? The leader of Iran has publicly stated that he wants to push all the people in Israel out into the sea, so how does that make Israel or America the bully. What it does is make Iran the bully.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah they send say 10 missiles in five hours, how many do you think anre going to get destroyed before they get anywhere, many countrys will catch wind of them, and they will be destroyed.

then in the next few hours, the UN does a joint attack on Iran destroying military bases and goverment buildings.

While they can show them off, there is much better funded armies and eqipment already set up around the world just waiting for something like this to attack.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Plus I wouldnt really be "showing off" my missle that can go 2000km when my adversaries have missles that can blow me off the face of the earth from the other side of the globe. Thats kind of like bragging about your nunchucks before you get in a fight with a guy with a gun.

This is why the leaders of countries like Iran almost beg us to kick the crap out of them. They have nothing and they run their mouths like they are going to decimate us when they have no chance in hell of winning.

[edit on 5/20/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
well it is ironic, the just hmm last month or so North Korea, test a rocket and then about a month or so later its Iran. With all due respect to our great World news, what is it that makes you think Iran does not have nukes now?? The also have chemical weapons which equals NBC attacks, using these missiles via air bursts over cities.. Listening to the Propaganda is not going to help you understand, what is to know Israel is going to war soon, maybe years months days or a decade or so, but the middle east is gonna goto war. Been doing it since the beginning of time, tribes hating each other over whose god has the bigger ahem. Talk about stupid.. I cannot think of anything better to kill people and be killed over. Again this school of thought is one of the primal flaws in our DNA.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
this is gonna be the start of ww3 if Israel attacks iran because its arming its self with missle, which i would be doing to by the way israel is going on, then china and russia which have already made pacts would supply iran with support and then America will jump in to defend israel against the "EVIL COMMUNIST" and thus the start of the ww3 shall happen in in the wake of that the elitist will get exactly what they want more power, and less people to fight back

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I am glad that I live in the U.S. Hopefully China and Russia will stay out of it. I am pretty confident that the U.S. will stay out of it.

I do not want to get nuked.

Let Iran go nuclear. See what happens. No longer will anyone have to worry about the Palestinian/Israeli conflict. Or Iran.

Then again we will FINALLY have a place to store all of the waste from our Nuclear Power Plants.

And a good reason for worldwide nuclear disarmament.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It's not going to enter the Black Market...quit droolin'.

They have protected, vested interest.

They are as Bush Jr. stated "THE Axis of Evil".

But, Allah shall prevail. God will sort them out, and we may revisit the 1970's ME crisis.

Which, I just happened to be alive in. Desperate times. With shortages common.

If this semi-inflation crisis goes full blown, sticker shock is irrelevant. You won't be able to purchase much. As stocks and resources will be geared for WAR.

Yes, even Internet Bandwidth...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just another war mongering day in Israeli media...

'Iran missile program may be more advanced than thought'

The missile test-fired by Iran is the longest-range solid-propellent missile it has launched yet, raising concerns about the sophistication of Tehran's missile program, a U.S. government official said Wednesday.

www.haaretz.com...

Experts: Iranian missile not a new threat
www.ynetnews.com...

US to fund Arrow 3 missile program

Despite concerns that economic crisis would lead to cutbacks in American funding for development of ballistic missile interception project, defense officials assured Washington will continue to support research

www.ynetnews.com...

Clinton: Nuclear Iran would 'spark Mideast arms race'
www.ynetnews.com...

'We reserve operational freedom on Iran'

Israel will not sit on the sidelines and watch while Iran attains nuclear weapons capability, said Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's National Security Adviser Uzi Arad on Thursday, adding that the US was aware of Israel's security needs and knew that it would not necessarily receive forewarning of an Israeli strike against Teheran's nuclear facilities.

www.jpost.com...

US calls for collective action against Iran

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton backtracks on imposition of more US unilateral sanctions against Iran in favor of multilateral penalties.

www.presstv.ir...

BE AWARE - BE AFRAID - BE VERY, VERY AFRAID!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
US Promises to Fully Fund Israeli Missile Defense System, While Cutting Its Own

Even as Secretary of Defense Robert Gates was being raked over the coals in Congress for the decision to cut funding to America’s missile defense systems, Israeli defense officials have revealed that Israel’s own Arrow 3 missile defense system will be “fully funded” by the United States yet again this year.

news.antiwar.com...

- "Change" - What a joke - USrael is alive, and well...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Lets not forget how great the Russian missile systems did in stopping Israel from destroying Syria's nuclear reactor, er, uh, I mean bombing of nothing but des

the same systems that were either 1000 miles away in another part of the country or hadn`t been delivered? those ones?

would be amazing if they shot them down from storage boxes in a russian port wouldn`t it

and and the IAEA STILL haven`t said anything ,so , mrmomson, do you know something the boots on the ground who have been there don`t?

even israel didn`t bother to check that small minor detail when they , yet again, openly attacked another country without beyond resonable doubt.

if the report is so `damning` from the IAEA , then why hasn`t it been leaked (like before) or relaased yet

oh thats right because it says that NOTHING WAS THERE.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Another anti US and anti Israel day by JanusFIN!!

As someone here mentioned, you do know that the missile that was tested is an offensive weapon. It's not some point defense system, or some SAM system. This is designed to be offensive.

I wonder what people are going to post here when one of these comes down out of the blue into downtown Haifa?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

oh thats right because it says that NOTHING WAS THERE.

That's right, the Israelis flew hundreds of miles to bomb NOTHING, pure genius Harlequin!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

last year israel tested there ICBM nuclear offensive missile system

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Israel has carried out the successful test launch of a long-range, ballistic missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead, in what was intended as a clear show of strength to Iran.

didn`t see the world ending over that

also dont see much reporting over

afp.google.com...

"An Iranian attack against Israel would trigger a tough reaction that would lead to the destruction of the Iranian nation,"

but as usual the pro-zionist zealots keep bleating on about the lie posted from iran doiung the same to israel.

edit to add sources

[edit on 21/5/09 by Harlequin]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join