It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Says Launches Missile With 2,000 km Range

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Iran Says Launches Missile With 2,000 km Range

www.reuters.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran launched a missile with a range of around 2,000 km (1,200 miles) on Wednesday and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the Islamic state could send any attacker "to hell," official media reported.

The stated range of the surface-to-surface Sejil 2 missile would be almost as far as another Iranian missile, Shahab 3, and military analysts say it could enable Iran to reach Israel and U.S. bases in the Gulf.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Iran answers with hardcore to US-Israel latest war mongering talks in Washington.

Using military against Iran is not option, without huge collision in the Middle East. Messages goes now from coast to coast - its not diplomacy to meet only one counterpart - In this case just Israel in Washington, sending open threats toward Iran in media...

To change - we need some change... And there is none.

I will collect latest news from Iran - Israel issue under this .line... Doesnt look any better than days ago, quoting .line just saw in media:

"THE OBAMA–NETANYAHU TALKS HAVE TOTALLY PREDICTABLE OUTCOMES: NO PALESTINIAN STATE, PROMISES OF ‘TALKS’, AND IRAN STILL UNDER THREAT FROM ISRAEL"

- I would place "...AND USA." --- to the end.

Related articles:
Iran: We successfully fired missile that can hit Israel
www.haaretz.com...

Iran says launches missile with 2,000 km range
www.ynetnews.com...

Iran successfully tests Sejjil 2 missile
www.presstv.ir...

www.reuters.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
got to love iran .. i do

he aint saying he is going to destroy anyone, just that they are ready to protect themselfs, and i dont blame them!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I find this new "test launch" by Iran to be very amusing. Consider the fact that this launch was made on the heels of Obama's recent plan to make progress with Iran by the end of the year.

Obama's comments came after talks with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in which the new Israeli leader was expected to stress Israel's concerns about Iran's nuclear program. Israel believes it is a cover to build atomic weapons.

With many Israelis skeptical about his efforts to engage Iran diplomatically, Obama stressed that attempts by the previous Bush administration to isolate Iran had failed, "so what we are going to try to do is do something different."

Sitting next to Netanyahu in the Oval Office, Obama said he hoped to begin negotiations with Tehran soon, after Iran holds elections next month. Iran's leaders have so far rebuffed his efforts to reach out to them and toughened their rhetoric.

"The important thing is to make sure there is a clear timetable, at which we point we say these talks don't seem to be making any serious progress," Obama said.

Give me a break. Just days later, Iran launches a missile capable of striking our allies in many nations. The Iranian govt. is playing him for a fool. Again!

"By the end of the year we should have some sense whether or not these discussions are starting to yield significant benefits, whether we are starting to see serious movement on the part of Iranians," he said.

He did not say what steps he expected Iran to take to show its good faith in any negotiations with Washington.

Great plan Barry. He offers no specifics yet again. He just wants progress by the end of the year. That is plenty of time for Iran to continue their Uranium enrichment projects while they play the inane game of lip service with our spineless president.

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Another recent news concerning very possible (imminent?) "Iran - USrael" war...

CIA chief: 'Big trouble' if Israel attacks Iran alone
www.haaretz.com...

THE OBAMA–NETANYAHU TALKS HAVE TOTALLY PREDICTABLE OUTCOMES
lataan.blogspot.com...

CIA .: J'lem knows not to attack Iran
www.jpost.com...

CIA chief: Israel won't go it alone against Iran
www.ynetnews.com...

US senators to Obama: Consider risks to Israel
www.ynetnews.com...

Ambassador warns US, Zionist regime against attack on Iran
www.irna.ir...

U.S., Russian experts: Iran could have nukes in 1 to 3 years
www.haaretz.com...

Iran leader says U.S. promoting terrorism
news.yahoo.com...

Arab ministers walk out on Israeli speech at WHO conference
www.ynetnews.com...

'Israel will have to take on Iran alone once Obama's efforts fail'
www.haaretz.com...

Netanyahu visits Congress and discusses Iran nukes
wire.antiwar.com...

Study urges U.S. to tone down Tehran conflict
washingtontimes.com...

Pentagon says Iranian weapons still coming to Iraq
hosted.ap.org...

Barack Obama: Iran must meet nuclear deadline
www.telegraph.co.uk...

- Is there still someone who doesnt see where we are .ing fast?

... WW3, Anyone?

- I quess so.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I am glad that it was only a rocket launch and not a nuclear detonation to announce to the world that Iran is now in the nuclear club. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised to see that in the near future.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
On a personal level I actually like that Iran is sticking up for itself. My opinion of this matter of Israel's obvious hate for every country around them is that it is publicized and accepted racism against Iran & other Arab nations.

These are sovereign nations who deserve their peace and security. If that means nuclear weapons then by all means try to produce them yourselves.
Israel is just pissed it will have more to deal with than it already does.

Israel's blatant disregard for human lives is disgusting and wrong.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

My open hopes...

I am waiting that Russia-China (SCO) will take Iran under their umbrella very soon, possibly in June 15. meeting - accepting Iran as full memember state... then S-400 Air defence missiles loaded to Tehran - and thats about it then.

Iran wont need any nukes - latest Russian air defence will give them highly needed security. Trade deals between Iran-China-Russia-Pakistan will turn geopolitical situation soon upside down.

I hope SCO will block ME situation to chess-mate soon --- Israel is forced to change their hostile policies, and USA is forced to flee from gulf.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Russia is moving in that direction for sure. It is just a matter of time before they make it official IMO.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

same one that got `tested` back in november

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Why is it that everytime Iran's leaders start talking trash it makes me want there to be war with them? I should know better, but its like somebody coming up and cussing you out right in your face. It just makes you want to fight. Everytime they start threatening us all I think of is those hostages from 1979 and how we still owe them a little payback. Somehow the world would be a better place if Sug Knight, or whatever his name is, was the Secretary of State. He would just pop a cap in someone at the negotiation for being disrespectful.

[edit on 5/20/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Yeah we all know how effective those Russian air defense systems are. They worked so well in Iraq. I am sure our military already has ways to defeat the newer systems.

[edit on 5/20/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Thanks - so its second "succesful" launch... As reminder - And Israel replies...

Israeli air force hits Hamas-Gaza hard amid Lebanon border tensions

In response to twin Qassam missile attack on Sderot from Gaza Tuesday, May 19, the Israeli Air Force went into action early Wednesday against a range of Hamas positions in Rafah, Khan Younes, Zeitun and Tufah suburbs of Gaza city and, Deir Balakh.

www.debka.com...

- These attacks will go straight to "Iran-Palestine" presidents nerves... (like announced before from Tehran - Abbas aint no legal president of PA anymore)

- Big boys are talking, but Gazans are paying the worst price from that. Again.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
On a personal level I actually like that Iran is sticking up for itself. My opinion of this matter of Israel's obvious hate for every country around them is that it is publicized and accepted racism against Iran & other Arab nations.

These are sovereign nations who deserve their peace and security. If that means nuclear weapons then by all means try to produce them yourselves.
Israel is just pissed it will have more to deal with than it already does.

Israel's blatant disregard for human lives is disgusting and wrong.

I understand what you are saying however, nuclear weapons have no place in unstable nations. Just look at the massive potential disaster that we are facing in Pakistan.

There is a serious threat lying on the horizon if Pakistan's nukes fall into the hands of the Taliban. It seems apparent that the Pakistani military is incapable of defending the nation and thus protecting its nuclear stockpile. If they were capable, they would simply erase the Taliban from the Pakistani landscape.

I can see the Taliban seizing some weapons and selling them off to Iran.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Cant compare those ancient "Bofors" systems to latest missile tech - Not anyone who study weaponry wont challenge effectiness of latest Russian missile tech.

Iraq was 10 years in total sales blockade before US invasion 2003, and Saddams army in first gulf war wasnt up to date in air defence either.

We havent seen latest Russian air defence as its best - and lucky so - lets hope it stays like this...

"S-300 & S-400 offers great security" - and these quotes are from Israeli side.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Well I guess we will see. If there is war with Iran my bet is that we cut through that country just like we did with Iraq. Hopefully everyone involved will get some sense before it goes that far. I just cant handle another 5 years of listening to people whine over the evils of war.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

War is always greatest cambling - In my eyes Iran is not Iraq - its not weakened by international sanctions, and there is something what Iraq was missing all the time - Surface to Sea missiles in mobile launchers. (Sunburns)

Iran doesnt have S-300 ( or someones say they have some... ) and officially they have now only short and middle distance BUK n´SAM systems, protecting just tens of kilometers... Without getting those long range (+100 km) S-missiles - bombing Iran is possible - but counter attack will follow many different ways.

Iran is not divided by religion, but its rich and united country. I cant see what good and lasting can be achieved by waging war against Iran - but widely escalating crisis, where China and Russia is forced to secure their lifelines. Europe will also loose oil suplies, Israel will get attacked from many different side... Europe very likely with bioweapons too.

I see bombing Iran will cause WW3 - no other options, thats why I see this issue belongs to above all of the discussions - before we get some sense to this situation, and calm above the sky of Middle East.

I have follow this situation so many years, and concerned since direct threat by GW Bush in his "Axis of Evil" speech - and saw that these wars are the way we are going - no matter what happen in the middle, and with what timetable. I just cant let my eyes from these news anymore.

I also hope to see world without US and Israel attacking everyone - everyday!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If America did go to war with Iran it would not be as easy(if thats the right word to use) as Iraq. Iran would put up a good fight but it would be defeated. America along with no doubt the UK would just be too strong.

Another thing as well, we don't know what USA UK Russia China Iran Israel have got in there arsenal...we don't know just because its not listed in wiki don't mean they don't have it...they don't have to list things they have.

Tsom87

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
HHMM, didn't see any big buildup to war over this 'missile' test but North Korea can say they are going to launch one and nearly all hell breaks loose in the Governments of the world.

Seems like they want Iran to start a war. or at least not warning Iran against launching .

I smells a rat..

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

All that will happen, if anything, will be Israel and/or the US will bomb Iran's nuclear facilities out of existence. It wont start WW3, only a bunch of fake complaining by Russia, China, etc at the UN of how wrong it was to do it. No established country thinks it is a good idea for Iran to have nukes. They are led by a bunch of fanatics. Russia and China might make a bit of cash off of Iran selling tech, but it doesnt mean they really think it is a good idea for them to have nuclear weapons. Sometimes the wise thing to do is say one thing in public and another thing behind closed doors.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join