It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs filmed during NASA mission to fix Hubble telescope

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There is the possibity that these objects are nothing more than space debris or sattelites , however I'm sure the astronauts know the difference and wouldn't bother filming these objects if there wasn't a good reason . The object 3 minutes into the video seems to dart off at an incredible speed.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Shame it is a recording of a TV Screen but it looks pretty impressive. I hope we can find a better copy.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yeah crappy filming, but interesting nonetheless I like it and you get a star and a flag! now the interesting thing is like the op said it must have been interesting enough to NASA to have astronauts film it! I don't think NASA films space junk for fun!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

The music is REALLY ANNOYING, but the video is interesting. I am not sure what that could be.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I especially like the one at 3:20 it reminded me of the doughnut shaped UFO's on the NASA tether video! I also loved the way after that one took off we suddenly got the control room.

I am so sure someone somewhere is going to come out with much better copies of these, it is the waiting that is going to be tough!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Looks like every other UFO that is flying around in space with the Space Shuttle.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Good find. Starred and flagged. Really interesting seeing it on their own monitor.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Adopts Comic Book Guy voice..

"Worst music ever"

However interesting video, was this filmed directly from the NASA channel as it feels like raw footage i.e unedited

Verry interesting... thanks

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
ufosbri is a ATS member and he posted this video here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it looks like he filmed off a Tv screen

[edit on 19-5-2009 by easynow]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Few days ago there was a satellite collision and from when I read the story, a reported 290 something pieces of debris.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Few days ago there was a satellite collision and from when I read the story, a reported 290 something pieces of debris.

again, its a high possibility that that could have been space junk from the satellite collision, but would NASA astronauts really find it THAT amusing and/or interesting to have taped it? who knows, maybe? maybe not so much if I were an astronaut, but its whatever. S & F for the OP! ;-) thanks for this gem!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter

Wow such an amazing anomaly at ~3.00

I mean I've just never seen space junk at a stand still take off at an immensly almost unobservable speed.

But probably Lens flare or something of that sort.

-Psycho

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yer it's really annoying when those ice crystals decide to fly there spaceships into shot "The mission controller always pulls his hair out when that happens!" Damn Ice crystals!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Do us a favor next time you post, try using music that actually is worth our time. The video is interesting none the less.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Here Now

Sorry folks, no control over the "backrouund music.".

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
START A FIGHT UP IN THE CLUB, REPRESENT WHERE YOU'RE FROM!!!
Interesting video. Flag

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The donut shape is characteristic of a point source of light that is out of focus, as was proven after people started claiming there were literally hundreds of UFO's in the tether video. What are the odds that all of those flying saucers were orientated in the exact same direction as to all look identical.....very low.

And at 3:00 the object doesn't "dart off", the camera which was recording a monitor pans away rapidly. The zooming and panning was not by the NASA astronauts, but by the guy recording the video off his computer screen.

Nothing to see here.

Look here for a good analysis of the STS-75 tether video and camera anomaly which creates the donut UFO's:

www.rense.com...
www.rense.com...

Unfortunately, there appears to be a repeatable anomaly in video and digital cameras (even some 35 mm cameras) which cause a reflection of the lens aperatus and zoom bracket of the camera to highly distort both reflective particles in a flash shot (ie, orbs) as well as distant, bright lights when the zoom and focus are taken beyond its true reach. The resulting image produces this "notched" saucer shape, usually with concentric rings or a center plug knocked out of the center (where the focal point inverts upon itself). At left is a typical, classic "orb" photo, though produced by overzoom and beyond focal range on a camcorder shooting a distant, bright light.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by The Dispatcherator]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't know if it is a UFO, the part i agree is the unidentified, i couldn't tell that thing (in 3:20+ time) was a object that could fly. It could be your mother in space for crying out loud.
If don't have any detail or special moving, don't start guessing to make a real answer.

And one thing NASA film everything, its to be suppose a high risk mission super visioned.
Keep your feet more on the ground or your head may explode because of the lack of pressure its a mistake when you fly to high.

Good point The Dispatcherator, star from me

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
NASA had reported on different occassions that the reason why this was a high-risk mission was because the Hubble Telescope is in a rather large debris field. The reason for preparing a rescue ship was twofold. One reason was that if there was damage during liftoff then they would send another shuttle up to bring them back. The other reason was that in case they were hit by debris then they would still have a way back. Of course, the worry was that the rescue ship would also be damaged either at liftoff or as the result of being hit by debris. This is one of the main reasons why they won't be going back to the Hubble. It's too risky to chance another maintenance job and when it's time to service it again there will more than likely be even more debris to worry about.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by F15-Pilot

Sounds great, but why is this debris so dangerous if it's stationary like the donut shaped thingy??? The only way that donut could stay in camera view like that is if it wasn't moving, or if it was moving very slowly straight towards the camera.
Neither explain the sudden movement out of view.

This, and considering that we haven't even scratched the surface with our exploration of outer space, it's more likely to me that it's in fact an intelligent glazed space donut with cinnamon sprinkles that can control it's own movement, rather than some perfectly symmetrical space debris that is sometimes stationary, and other times moving really damn fast.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join