It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO, Alien, Scientist Find Evidence Of Life On Planet HD189733B?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The planet is 25 times the size of Earth, it's hablital zone in the North and South poles would be very large and support life. Actually, the planet could hold many more times population than the earth because of the size.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Life on another planet? No, it's far too hot on HD 189733b for that, but the Hubble Space Telescope's first ever detection of an organic molecule in the atmosphere of a planet orbiting another star is big news.

Hah, I don't find that statement surprising coming from scientists, but did I miss some universal law they discovered that states what temperatures life could be sustained?
How the hell do they know that different life forms can't survive at temperatures more extreme than Earth's? They act as though Earth creates the universal laws of life and anything outside our understanding is an impossibility.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by bl4ke360]

It's understood to mean "Life (as we know it)"

Not: "Life (as we don't know it)"

The later is too far encompassing for anyone to go over, or mention in an SCIENCE REPORT, lest it turn into someone describing his favorite hypothetical life form... turning the paper into a SCIENCE FICTION piece.

Just imagine:

Life on another planet? Perhaps! it's far too hot on HD 189733b for normal life, but there might exist creatures based in methane and or/ammonia instead of the carbon-based life forms we are used to. Lifeforms on this planet might eat fire for energy and radiate phosphoric acid as sweat, but the Hubble Space Telescope's first ever detection of an organic molecule in the atmosphere of a planet orbiting another star is big news because it could be the first signs of an entirely extraterrestrial civilization, complete with warp drivers, peace, and harmony!

You might enjoy reading this:
en.wikipedia.org...

And in the processes throwing away the ignorance that says "scientists" don't consider other type of life.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I find this interesting because I looked into this planet and maybe it is inhabited. Like someone said earlier this is a big Planet and it could hold alot of people or whatever beings might form on the planet.

The orbital is very fast though and it orbits it's sun in 2.2 days. From what I understand this planet has a permanent day side and a permanent night side so maybe beings could survive on the night side because the energy from the sun is distributed equally throught the atmosphere of the planet.

I also read this:

On July 11, 2007, a team lead by Giovanna Tinetti published the results of their observations using the Spitzer Space Telescope concluding there is solid evidence for significant amounts of water vapor in the planet's atmosphere. Follow-up observations made using the Hubble Space Telescope confirm the presence of water vapor and also the organic compound methane. It is currently unknown how the methane originated as the planet's high temperature (700°C, 1292°F) should cause the water and methane to react, replacing the atmosphere with carbon monoxide.

en.wikipedia.org...-nature-methane-15

This is an interesting planet.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Planet HD 189733B is 25 times the size of earth and a complete rotation of the planet could take a week.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I would think the gravity would be far to heavy for any thing large to live there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join