It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Knew you Were Dying - What Information Would You Pass On?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
As the title suggests if you knew you were dying (not too macabre I hope) what information/knowledge/advice would you pass on? I for one believe that we should have learnt enough in a lifetime of experience and accumulation of knowledge to be able to pass something on to those around us.

Me I would pass on the following:

- Always choose the higher ground.
- The divine spark is within all of us
- Corridors of power are good indicates of the flow of energy within us.
- Know your mind and meditate on your next goal
- Know you are greater and capable of much more than the mudane reality around you indicates.
- You are connected to all and should act accordingly
- Your beliefs define your perceptions
- Mind controls matter
- Draw a line only when your sanity or virtues are at risk
- Do not be misguided by the habits of the majority, it is the minority who effect real change.
- Nature is telepathic.
- The soul lives on.
- We stand on the shoulders of giants, learn from history.
- Turn on your intuition and trust it.
- Each culture has hidden meaning

I have to go now. I may be some time!

[edit on 18-5-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
- Try to make your hopes and dreams a reality. Don't just save your wildest dreams for the night.

- Time to do things runs out when you least expect it. Or desire it.

- If at first you do succeed. Try to look like you planned it all along.

- There will be times when a happy accident is better than any amount of planning.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I would list all the dodges and scams I have ever fallen for, perpetrated by 'friends' who just wanted my money or resources.

I'm not an ungenerous person, but there's a huge difference between helping out persons in trouble and being taken advantage of:

People will recharge batteries or mobile phones (behind your back) at your place to save their own electricity

They will ask to borrow money for cigarettes or a drink- there is no such thing as 'borrowing' money for those items. The 'friend' will just think of it as getting a free drink or fags

They will habitually turn up at your place hungry and looking for food

They will rob you if you leave your purse unattended

They will spin a sob story and then refuse you when you offer help. They know that if they let you keep volunteering to help they will get far more than they would dare to ask for. Eventually they will accept however much you are prepared to give.

They will accompany you on public transport with no money of their own and just expect you to hand over the cash for their ticket

If you're really stupid you might end up sharing a house with a deadbeat who leaves owing you for bills and expenses

They will 'lend you a shilling' knowing that in the future they can 'borrow a pound' from you, never to pay it back of course

They will borrow money, promising to pay it back 'next week'. Then they will be short of the full amount, pay you what they can afford and just 'forget' to ever give you the balance

They will ask to borrow money for what you think is a legitimate reason, then go and spend it all on alcohol. You won't see that money again, either.

They will go to the shop for you and 'lose' all or some of the change on the way back.
Because they've 'lost' it they see no reason to pay it back to you

Alternatively, they will 'lose' the receipt and just say the shopping was more expensive than it actually was

They'll use your phone and then deny it when you show them the bill. They'll even let you query the charges with the phone company and still not admit they made the calls

Well, that's as much as I can think of for now. I'm sorry not to have more spiritual insights to offer but if any of this information saves someone their money then I am glad to have helped.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see.

Question everything no matter how believable it seems.

Look to the past and it will tell you how to predict the future.

Never 100% trust anyone or anything.

Never keep all your eggs in one basket.

Always hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

Always look out for #1 first...you.

Everyone wears masks for other people. Rarely do you see the real person inside.

The only things you can take with you when you leave this life are knowledge, experience and love..so stop wasting time in the pursuit of material things.

Most of all-
The whole of society is made up of lies.....find the truth.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

If You Knew you Were Dying - What Information Would You Pass On?

"No good deed goes unpunished"

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I would spend my final days trying to reassure those who were concerned about me that...

It is OK, I am alright, and you should be too...

And hope that their experiences with me while here were worth some consideration or reflection, when I passed.

The key is to make an impact while living, not when leaving...

If that makes sense...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Interesting replies so far.

Berenike you seem to have had a lot of money orientated problems in the past and you've described some traits of a sponger that I think we are all familiar with. I learnt my lesson of not to lend money to friends a long time ago, as the lender is always the one to come out worst off from the experience and ends up becoming the begger!

Whaaa, your statement "No good deed goes unpunished"
is a bit disturbing. Are you sure you meant to say good deed and not bad, please clarify?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan

Whaaa, your statement "No good deed goes unpunished"
is a bit disturbing. Are you sure you meant to say good deed and not bad, please clarify?

Yes pharoaohmoan, that's what I meant. Life has taught this old cowboy many brutal lessons and I'm sad to say that is one of them.

And some other information that experience has taught me that perhaps others could use is......

"If it ain't broke; Don't fix it"

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I wouldn't wait til I am dying to share information. I share what I know everyday.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It's been getting me down a bit lately, we're talking thousands. I 'escaped to the country' just before the economy went pear-shaped and am now regretting my past generosity.

Anyway, I'll try to find something more positive for your thread. I have two pieces of advice which may sound contradictory but, depending on circumstances, they work.

(Where I've said 'you' I mean anybody. I thought putting 'one' might look pretentious).

Live in the moment. Obviously, plan for the future too but if you can put all your focus into the moment you will enjoy life a lot more.

If you've got problems, taking the time to focus on where you are right this minute can be very rewarding. Are you warm? comfortable? had enough to eat? is the dog happy?
Well then enjoy where you are.

Even if you're doing chores, if you are contented within yourself you can focus on the job instead of wishing you were doing something else.

On the other hand, a person might prefer to 'tune out'. There's a knack to that, but with enough practice it becomes easy to go on 'automatic pilot' when there are tasks to be done.

Alternatively, day-dream your way through unpleasant jobs or circumstances. That's a bit of an art too, but worth perfecting.

I had an employer who used to talk a lot (really, a lot) when I was trying to concentrate. I managed to tune out all the waffle and just chime in with a pertinent comment when absolutely required.

At this point I'd like to back up both of Whaa's contributions. I'm not a cowboy (unless I'm DIY-ing) but he's got it right.

None of my good deeds has gone unpunished
and I definitely never fix anything that ain't broke.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Never wait around for things to magically change. Get up and MAKE a better life for yourself.

You learn more about a person by their questions, rather than their answers.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I'd leave the following information, if I know I was dieing.

1) Dick Cheney was "The Fixer" who set September 11th in motion, thirty years of planning went into it.

2) George W Bush was a hapless patsy and his daddy, George H W Bush also tried to assassinate Reagan to gain office sooner.

3) The Bilderberg Group commits high-treason in the name of money, power, and land.

4) SkepticOverlord and Crakeur are in fact the creators of South Park, Matt and Trey.

5) And that smell in the elevator was ZeddicusZulZorander after a chilli eating contest in West Texas.

Oh, and all of my evidence is just like the evidence that the Government will try to utilize against me via hearsay, they will never see it, and I can deny them access based on National Security, their blanket of corruption, which I call my a bullet-proof blanket of denying their ignorance.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

top topics

join