It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men run the world now but is it time for women's way?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If I were you, I'd come out of the closet.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well if that's the best you got, I will no longer respond to you.

But just for sh**s and giggles, I am female.

Hope I didn't bother you tooooo much with your obvious homoerotic issues, but clearly they bother you.

I wish you the best. Really. Sexuality should simply not be an issue.

*sorry to derail the thread mods , but he started it

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The best way to go, is not for one sex or the other to "be in control" so to speak, ie patriarchal/matriarchal society, but equality for everyone. The time when everyone is equal, being race, religion, male, female, sexual orientation etc., will be the time that humanity can work together for the good of all. Until then, we have the division of humanity, and many believing that one is better than the other, instead of realizing, that both sexes have positives, and both have negatives, and that we should work together as a team.

Until that time, we will continue to have one sex in control of the other, which at this time is still patriarchal.

I look towards a future where everyone is equal.

Harm None
Peace

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

I will tell you what the problem is earlywatcher:
- We (thats men and women mind you) Worship some dude in the sky and kill each other when that dude is a different color or speaks a differnt language or something along these stupid superficial lines,
- we let stupid empty titles (like man, woman, black, white, American, European ect.) get in the way of the common likeness we all share (the fact we are all the same damn species),
- The richest of our species become richer and more powerful waging wars and enacting horrible laws to ensure their rise to power while the poorest members or our species are dying (to put it simply) horrible horrible deaths because the richest members want nothing more than money and power
- The majority of people on earth follow blindly into an oppressive and violent police state opposing nothing and asking no questions.
- The dumbest memebers of our species and unfortunately some of those in power share a common idealogy of shoot now ask questions later
- We torture each and try to justify it.

This list goes on and on and on. Heres what Im getting at as you read this list you'll notice one thing the notion the WE are doing this to OURSELVES. There is no gender responsible, sure maybe men in power suck, but what have the woman in power done to try and bring the men under control?

Or better yet what have the woman on a personal level done to make the world a better place? Have you ALL that means every woman on earth everywhere, it has to be every woman on earth otherwise the whole theory that woman are somehow better is automatically garbage, done to make the world a better safer place?

Woman arent better than men at anything, men arent better than woman at anything. We are both truly equal, the only reason this is a mans world and men are this and that is because idiots give them that power. Its the idiots among us who see this inequality and instead of choosing to rise above the juvenile antics of whos better girls or boys, decide to join in and indulge the self destructive notion that one gender is better than the other.

Be the change you wish to see in the world, is it a mans world and you dont like it then instead of writing a thread saying that woman should give it a go, write a thread asking what WE can do to change the world. Youre only adding to the ignorance and inequality of a decadent society otherwise.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by caballero]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Most of the unemotional but logical males on this thread seem unwilling or unable to answer this question: would you be able to participate in leadership that does not involve hierarchy of power? would you work effectively if these is someone in charge of your team but no chain of command? where problems are generally not solved by someone given orders based on rank? I'm not talking about emergencies but the normal course of events.

one more time: I'm not talking about men vs women but trying to explore their respective styles.

although our world is filled with brilliant and innovative technologies, something has gone very wrong in the way they are controlled. So what do you want to do about it?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Youre trying to generalize the tstyles to the gender rather thjan the individual. Thats the ones better than the other notion.

To say that men all adhere to a certain style lets say hierarchy, and woman adhere to democratic styles of goverment you are essentially saying one is better than the other.

What Im saying is in order to properly find a functioning solution to the problems facing us today we need to abandon the notion that men or woman are better than one another. Its doing nothing but adding to the problem.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

what kinds of changes do you recommend? leave aside male and female descriptors completely. How might things be done differently to both improve the current situation and make sure it doesn't happen again.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Peace, flowers, freedom, happiness (quote from Hair)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The two things I would focus on would be Education reform and the adaptation of clean energy throughout society. But there are a myriad of problems out there that need to be addressed, thats why we all need to do what we can to help out.

We need to be innovative with our approach to our socieies reform old solutions to old problems no longer apply in this day and age, we need to get past our hatred for change and learn to accept it. We need to learn to be more tolerant and accepting of each other. We need to embrace imagination and creativity.

If we fail to becme an innovative society we are no longer able to evolve and advance and learn. We will remain stuck in our own stubborn beliefs so unwilling to change we will force our extinction.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

sounds like like you're running for miss america--or president. lots of noble rhetoric with no actual content but it sure sounds good.

let's start with education. why do we educate our children: to understand our history and current affairs, to learn about specialties, to get a job? what is it now and what is it you want to reform it to?

implementing clean energy is a wonderful idea but if this is to be a technological change, who will control it? who will have access, at what price? if everybody gets to buy a battery operated car within 5 years, will the abuses in government and society be solved? or do you feel there are no abuses? is dirty energy the reason for poverty?

this is not a male or female issue, obviously. if a few people control resources, we continue with the same problems. maybe the way things are done now is indeed the only way and the problems unsolvable. maybe our only option is to substitute one problem for another.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero

Be the change you wish to see in the world, is it a mans world and you dont like it then instead of writing a thread saying that woman should give it a go, write a thread asking what WE can do to change the world. Youre only adding to the ignorance and inequality of a decadent society otherwise.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by caballero]

I'm sorry, I missed this point in your excellent post, and I want to respond to it. It's a really good point. I'm a woman who raised, with my husband/their father, two wonderful amazing sons. They are both physicians now, and somehow found and married equally wonderful and amazing women, one another physician and the other a PhD involved in ecology. While I continue to putter along, I believe that my opportunity to help these human beings grow and develop is my greatest contribution to changing the world. I don't mean that they are going to lead a revolution or redefine our culture, but I believe they daily contribute mightily to making this world a better place, and I'm referring to all four. I'm not trying to make a point about women being better for raising children, I'm trying to say that my way of making the world a better place was primarily this aspect of my life. At present I think I can contribute by talking with friends and acquaintances about what the heck we're doing and why we do it that way.

I never said that men do it wrong and women could do it better. i have always been talking about approaches, ways of doing things, how we might look at things differently.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I would like to reform education to something that actually works, public schooling is horrible. Like everything else in life instead of giving equal opportunity its gives everything to the rich and saves the scraps for the poor. I went to middle school and high school in two completely cities one richer and one poorer.

The poorer school ,mitchell middle school, was a wreck fights all the time, books from the sixties, computers from the eighties, teachers that hardly cared (one of whom was drunk during class on more than one occasion), half the school was failing ( a good majority atleast).

The richer school ,Woodcreek highschool, Was a beautiful school with brand new buildings with up to date heating and air conditioning, a gigantic library with hundreds of books and 20 or 30 brand new dell computers with high speed internet, Brand new textbooks that were in perfect condition, Good teachers who loved what they taught, order among the student body aside from the heavy gossip and very rare fight.

Two completely differnt environment and teaching experiences. If we could do anything to improve that situation that would be reform in the right direction.

Offer incentives for converting to clean energy and punish using carbon fuels. Punish in the sense of taxing, because lets face it even if the chance 50/50 that we're really doing irreversible harm to our planet, considering what could happen to us , arent we better off to play it safe and clean up after our selves. Taxes would be the least of my worries if I was going to die fifty years now from global warming.

Im sorry to have misunderstood the purpose of the thread, I get heated when I see group of people vs group of people threads. When I saw the woman and men differeing approaches I focused only on the one statement. I completely agree we need to change our approach in order to solve the problems of the world.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
If we follow the model of nature and if you ever felt nature on a spiritual level.

I'd say Nature and the Universe is largely feminine(or maybe that's why sexually-starved mind wants to think..) Beautiful, creative, nurturing, and would come to you in times of distress, like a mother. It's also full of wisdom, love and compassion. I have yet to see a human female like that actually, nor a human male for that matter...

Messed up humans being ruled by another messed up human doesn't work well. We must rule over ourselves and fix our own mess before we can fix the mess of others..

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Men and women are not equal. Never have been, never will. Men are meant to lead, women to follow. I know it's an inconvenient, politically incorrect truth unpopular with the lasses but that's just the way things are. Take it up with God, 'mother nature' or father Darwin.

The fact is men are, in all, more capable in everything from physical ability, through strength, speed, dexterity, reflexes, endurance, stamina, to intelligence and cognitive abilities, psychological and pain resilience, inventivity, artistic skills, etc. What is emotional intelligence and what does it account for in the real world? A degree in manipulation or 'women's studies'?

Please, show me a Nicole Tesla or Alberta Einstein, even in today's highly feminised society and academia. Where are all the woman chess grandmasters? Where are all the great Rally and F1 pilots? Anybody can go round a doughnut 500 times in a row like you yanks seem to so enjoy (stupid is as stupid is entertained) but show me a female Ayrton Senna, Mika Pauli Häkkinen, Michael Schumacher, etc.

Sure, always place the lame blame on society for not being supportive enough or somehow always undermining women and women only, never the men. Darn men and their patriarchy. Like every successful male industrialist, researcher, scientist, inventor, discoverer or artist had it easy, on a platter, in their life.

Who did the back breaking work before the industrial revolution. Who still does, on shipyards or construction yards, in mines, etc?

If women would have been in charge until now we'd still be living in mud huts. Can you even imagine a woman discovering siderurgy and metallurgy, inventing ball and foil bearings, chemical heat internal combustion engines, transistors and logic gates circuits based off them, etc. etc. etc.?

Come on.

Womens' primary function is reproduction. That need not preclude enjoying their selves and leading whatever life they want but that's what their nature intends.

And a little consideration and respect for the men in your life, if it's not too much to ask.

Man, I could write novels on this thread...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by SonyAD]

[edit on 21-5-2009 by SonyAD]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The fact your asking this questions shows the true problem. No one should run the world, I should be in charge of myself and you should be responsible for yourself. This is what has gone missing in today's society, personal responsibility, all the power is given to someone else in a far off place who you most likely have never met. I don't need someone else to do everything for me I prefer freedom.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
With the system run the way it is , it wouldn't matter if was men, women, children or Aliens at the helm.

You'd have to dismantle the system and start from scratch.
Then you run the risk of being infiltrated and white anted by people who were against it.

I doubt very much if half the world = men, would really take to women being in charge of the world anyway. And there would also be a lot of women who would still prefer men running the show.

So if this would be a democratic thing, I can't see it happening for those reasons.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Flighty]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SonyAD

SonyAD-

Both mens and womans primary function is reproduction. Everything after reproduction is just to ensure our survival as a species. In order to survive we have to adapt accordingly to our environment. I can understand that thousands of years ago when we began as a species we need these stereotypes to survive. The world was a big scary place where we needed men to protect woman and children and woman to nurture and raise the children.

Today however EVERYTHING is different. We dont need men to protect the family , to such an extent atleast, We dont need woman to spend their entire lives raising children. We have gotten to the point where we can survive without these archaic stereotypes.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I'm with you on the education issue. I'm appalled at what goes on. both the discrepancies between schools and sometimes what's goes on in classrooms. i'm afraid that all the stimulus money targeted for schools is to build more of the same rather than make any real changes. there is no incentive to change any part of our educational system. but on the other hand, i don't know what it needs to be changed to.

I think lots of great books help. i don't mean textbooks but books on every subject and lots of novels so a person can learn how to us them to pursue an interest, follow flights of fancy, encounter new worlds. students can use these for school projects and their own stuff. that is the wonder of the internet, you can find information on tons of subjects and other people to share interests. think of the folks who play world of warcraft. theirs is passion. if only schools could figure out how to generate that passion.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SonyAD

Women are okay.... Only one thing I found very unfavorable about them:

-They are hardcore conformists!!

Ever had a mom and dad, every met someone else's mom and dads, ever had a wife or GF?

This is their agenda straight and blunt, CONFORM or you won't have sex or mom's love........

They don't value individuality as much males do. Remember it is your Mom, your Wife, your GF, that killed your dream of becoming astronauts, or basically soaring just to reach your dreams..

There are exceptions of course, but most will fall under that criteria.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Things are good the way they are !

Apart from the fact that the new world order control the world

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join