Men run the world now but is it time for women's way?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh, c'mon. Women are talkers, they like to talk things out, commiserate over stuff, without actually looking for an answer. Men are the fixers, we fix things, we come to solutions, then implement those solutions. There's the difference.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Are you 12?

You must be to have such a close minded view of people. Why do you cling to these notions that men are fixers.

Here, the state of the present world right now, who brought that to fruitition? Women? No, it was men wasn't it?

Ohh se we're just great fixers aren't we, fixed all kinds of things in a jiffy. Yeah we destory the planet and create wars over who has the biggest piece of junk in their pants.

Your judgements are very sexist and un-founded. Have you met every woman in the world? Have you met every man in the world? No I am certain you haven't, therefore you cannot generelize in that way, it simply creates more bigotry and sterotypes.

When will people learn to act in a human and moral way, my god, when did the these ideas become so difficult to understand?

~Keeper

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well, for example, I speak directly, clearly and purposefully. I say exactly what I mean come what may. My husband does not comprehend the direct approach assuming I mean something else.

He, on the other hand, speaks in innuendo and parable instead of coming right out with it. Since I have to guess at the meaning he's getting at, I usually get it wrong.

Since he and I process and communicate on such different scales, obviously we get our wires crossed.

It seems the whole world is exactly like us.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Your judgements are very sexist and un-founded. Have you met every woman in the world? Have you met every man in the world? No I am certain you haven't, therefore you cannot generelize in that way, it simply creates more bigotry and sterotypes.

When will people learn to act in a human and moral way, my god, when did the these ideas become so difficult to understand?

~Keeper

It's a psychological difference. Yes, men fix things, we're the ones that say "OK, what do you want me to do about it?" What I said aren't judgements, they are how men and women act differently.

Of course, I haven't met all men or all women. That's impossible, and the question is asinine to put it mildly. With the exception of homosexuals, the way women and men react to things is very predictable.

Blame everything on men, if you wish... that is also a gross generalization.

Say otherwise if you wish, and you probably will. If women were in charge across the board there would be endless prattle over minor items, and their viciousness would cause widespread destruction.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Believe it or not, women are the ones who do a lot of the implementing and carrying out of the fixes. Look around you. Women accomplish a great deal. I'm not talking about romantic relationships or social groups. I'm talking about making things happen.
Men and women are pretty much equal in what they accomplish though we hear much more about what men do because what women do tends to be trivialized.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

~Keeper

It's a psychological difference. Yes, men fix things, we're the ones that say "OK, what do you want me to do about it?" What I said aren't judgements, they are how men and women act differently.

Of course, I haven't met all men or all women. That's impossible, and the question is asinine to put it mildly. With the exception of homosexuals, the way women and men react to things is very predictable.

Blame everything on men, if you wish... that is also a gross generalization.

Say otherwise if you wish, and you probably will. If women were in charge across the board there would be endless prattle over minor items, and their viciousness would cause widespread destruction.

How is blaming men not a generalization? It's true isn't it? Haven't men largely been in control of government and buisness for the past ohh...thousand years or so?

By your logic of men getting things done and women simply squabling, then that would mean men are the reason things are the way they are, that's using your logic, not mine.

And yes psycologically, there is a difference in the way the information is processed and received for men and women, but it doesn't mean that one is better at something than the other, that's a total fabrication of society.

~Keeper

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I am all for letting women run the world... it will finally put to rest the myth that they could do a better job of it than men... by proving that they are perfectly capable of making a mess of everything, just like us men...

Its not the gender... its the mentality or attitude that needs to change.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Its not the gender... its the mentality or attitude that needs to change.

What attitude is it that needs to change and what does it need to change to? That's really what is behind my question? It's not women vs men, it's what is now needed and might a different style supply it? only we need to know what attitude is needed.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh, c'mon. Women are talkers, they like to talk things out, commiserate over stuff, without actually looking for an answer. Men are the fixers, we fix things, we come to solutions, then implement those solutions. There's the difference.

Well I ask you this ... is the world fixed yet?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
In my opinion:

Women are less intelligent than men.
Women are emotionally weaker than men.
Women cannot keep secrets!

Based on my conclusion, I don't think it is safe for woman to have too much power, for the sake of stability and progression of mankind.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by NeuroStability]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It would be a natural reaction if you take into account that the world now is ruled by the male mindset, so even if there is a female leader she still adheres to the existing (male) rules to succeed. And every action has an equal reaction so when this society explodes into rubble and disarray it could deliver a trauma on such a grand scale that women could get the chance of doing it their way.

On the other hand, let's try and balance it out in stead of going from one extreme to another. 50/50 and everyone doing the thing they are best in using the inherent qualities of that person. So ditch the male/female and all the other dividing external features in anything except identifying a person and look at the human behind.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The human is driven by emotion. Emotions make people weak. Woman are emotionally weaker than men.

I think emotion overrides intelligence.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
No time to read all of the posts, so I'll just drop my 2 cents... Um, Nancy Pelosi or Hillary Clinton??? Ever heard of them? Male or Female, Black or White - none of it matters. Absolute Power corrupts absolutely! It is NOT the gender, it is the nature of the leader and so far... we haven't had any good ones for a VERY long time!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I wrote a paper a few years back in college on "neo-feminism". The old generation of feminists seemed to embrace and emulate the "alpha-male", instead of create their own version of leadership that embraces their femininity instead of reject it. Even in wardrobe choices; for example: pantsuits, short hair, minimalist makeup vs. today's "polished, yet feminine look". Think Hilary Clinton vs. Sarah Palin or Michelle Obama. The previous generation of feminists didn't do anything wrong by this; in fact it was probably what they "had" to do to get us to this point.

I know wardrobe and physical appearance sounds superficial but there are other examples as well. The previous generation in the workplace had to keep their family life completely separate...heaven forbid they even mention their children or such in the workplace....but men could. Or their leadership style....men who were leaders who gave second chances were "respected" more than women who did...I believe with my younger generation really does consider each other equal...with different strengths of course, but respectful of each other in situations of power, no matter what sex is the higher ranked.

Women really do well as leaders in this global political climate. You have to step very carefully.....and women, for the most part, yes do put more emphasis on careful discussion....But as we have learnt in the past decade sometimes just concentrating on "doing" instead of "analyzing" is not really the best way to proceede politically....

Sorry, but I could never see someone like Mao or Kim Jung or Hitler or Stalin being a woman....

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
yes, women dont care about money, they dont buy shoes, clothes and cars ...

yes YES " YES

how smart you guys are ... women dont care about money ... hahaha

well, it wouldnt change anything, the human nature is this way, we will never change ...

we need something out of this world, and maybe we could try to improve

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Faiol]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NeuroStability

Emotions do not make people, or nations, weak. Unfortunately, that is what makes us human my friend.

Emotions are tied to intelligence, not opposed to it.

Typically, men and women who are "emotionless" lack intelligence or critical thinking.

And do you think emotionless rulers rule emotionless people?

Leading without emotions appears to be incredibly ineffective....

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hey there, looks like it is time for a bisexual to get in here and shake things up.

Men and Women have the same needs, wants, desires, period.

How they go about getting them is purely based on their PERSONALITY.

Don't you know any women who can fix mechanical things as well as a man?

Don't you know any men who are gentle and understanding with children? (my Dad for example)

You get the idea, right?

People are people, set the genitals and stereotypes aside and see them for who they truly are.

I have met some of the most power hungry, controlling, manipulating women as well as the same for men.

I have met the most naive, gossip-mongers, money-loving, lazy men as well as the same for women.

They are all just labels you put on a personality, not a genital.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well you have an excellent arguement there...........

Please, let us know how you really feel about the differences between
men and women and how they would be different in power positions in the world?

You must have alot to say, please, don't haste!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NeuroStability

If I were you I would rethink your language....

At least in my opinion you seem to be boardering on the offensive here....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join