It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies, Mars Wants You to Have a Fling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Mars has introduced its first new candy bar in 20 years—and a racy marketing campaign to go along with it, NPR reports. The Fling is a "chocolate finger" of meringue and truffle painted with a "shimmering" chocolate coating, and both the 85-calorie size and the very pink, faux scandalous advertisements are aimed squarely at women.

www.newser.com...

I guess this would be the ideal place to post and ask the various woman within this site what they think of it ?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The advertisement is utterly tasteless to me. I don't like it.

The candy bar is probably very light and all fluff because it's mostly egg whites and sugar.

It does not entice me to try one.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thank you for the feed back

:-)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Haha, i think the adverts quite funny. Without a doubt everyone thinks the same thing when they see it.

However I'm not rushing out to buy the chocolate. In fact i probably never will!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Somebodyelse7

Thank you for the feedback, i myself am a dark chocolate person well almost cooking chocolate keep's my mind active when i need that extra boost.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Dark is far greater than milk

The advert itself however doesn't bother me

I don't see how it would really harm women in anyway...and if it does it may be time to talk about alot of other commercials

-Kyo

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Indeed, but lets not forget that sex sells far more than any other means of advertising. Here is a quick scope of banned ads who used sex to promote their products.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Haha thanks for sharing they were pretty funny!

God knows why there banned though the kind of rubbish that's on TV nowadays that seems very innocent to me!

I would say personally after the watershed adverts like that should be allowed to be shown. Would make the breaks more interesting anyway!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That beer commercial was really funny!

As for the Fling, the ad is pretty meh.....not good not bad just wallpaper...

I'll probably get around to trying this sooner or later but it won't be because of the ad, more to do with if it goes on special at my supermarket or not...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So what is the difference between these two commercials

[edit on 20-5-2009 by tristar]

new topics

top topics

join