It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a barcode on my license plate?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I call it like I see it.

If the powers that be on ATS think I am out of line, then they can (and have) delete my post or if they feel the need, they can ban me. I make no apologies.

You rely on paranoia to get through life. I rely on common sense.

I saw a few posts that claim that handing out a ticket is a the easier route for the police officers.

I don't get that.

A cop can look at your card and let you go or he can give you a ticket and show up at the court house and testify in the event that you want to fight it.

Seems to me, eye balling your insurance card himself and letting you go would be the easy route.

But what do I know, I use common sense.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
What you call common sense I call argumentativeness just for the sake of being contrary. It's seems to be a popular meme these days. But what do I know? I'm just being paranoid.

I've been studying trends, following political figures (figuratively speaking), and watching our liberties and privacy slip slowly away for over 30 years. I know a trend when I see one. Not all change is "progressive" or for our benefit or do you believe everything you're told on the nightly news?

Carry on; I'm going to bed.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hmmm , Barcodes what a really great idea.
I'm lucky I don't have access to black permanent markers with which to add lines to really screw up the barcode scanners.
Oh wait I do have access, time to get ascribblin'.

I', also pretty sure that people can photgraph your licence plate then add the code to their car. A bit like the forged licence plates here in the UK , people cloned L's for cars to escape the 'congestion' charging here in London, Our work van got copied then had an accident , we only found out when the Police turned up to say our van ( which had important internal mail) had crashed.

Cloning - not only for sheep but also for car plates coming to your town real soon.

[edit on 18/5/09 by DataWraith]

<< 1   >>

join