It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Music Contest 2009 (Winners Announced!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Here is my thread, Hyre. Its official

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Okay. Wow. What a great idea!

I guess I will see what i can do....

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Star Beings

My 2nd submission for the contest.

Decided to have my try at making some music with my guitar with some effects.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by CavemanDD]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well it looks like more and more entries are coming thats good!
keep up the good work everyone!

I think we have like 23 enties now good show everyone!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
hot damn what a great thread guys!!!

I have been making tunes for AGES based on ATS subjects!!! Ok, this one doesn't have any lyrics or anything, its just a track that I made which encapsulates some of my feelings about the world and how hard it is not to flip out when people laugh about 9/11...

anyway, I've got more to put up, one called Contact which I love because it's about the sts missions...

anyway, here is 'restraint'

Restraint

Hope you like it! and please comment on it guys, I love the feedback

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreensGoblin

I love your stuff TGG as you know! I highly recommend that everyone take a listen. TGG is extremely talented! Start a thread and I'll S&F you my friend!

IRM

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

thanks dude! I'll get some more recent stuff up just in time for the closing date.

p.s I'll also create a thread now for the track. should have double checked t&c's oops!

Edit: here's the thread I have created (ATSMC1) Restraint

[edit on 24-6-2009 by TheGreensGoblin]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hey guys. I was supposed to make threads for songs that I had uploaded, right? lol

Here are the links to the threads of my songs, anyway.

(ATSMC1) To Travel Through Astral Plains

(ATSMC1) Novus Ordo Seclorum

(ATSMC1) Into the Bleak Future

My apologies if I wasn't supposed to do this, wasn't too sure. Hopefully I did everything right, lol.

Enjoy, guys.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hey y'all... Here's my second track. It's called 'contact' and is an electroacoustic piece.

check out the thread at:

Contact

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Three more days to go!!

Thanks to everyone who has submitted entries so far - they're all awesome.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
media.abovetopsecret.com...

thread

Hope you enjoy.

TA

A huge HUGE thanks to kosmicjack for all his help! you da man, kosmicjack!

[edit on 1-7-2009 by TheAssociate]

[edit on 2-7-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Oh man. I just read the theme requirement for the songs. Oh well. I made a song that was soothing and made one envision paradise (I think).

I am bad at reading directions

Maybe i can cook something else up. IDK.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
As in Sci-Fi, does that include horror? I had this beat i made for fun then i remembered about this.

So is horror sci-fi?

-Shadow

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Awwww guysssss..... I was hoping people would do some more tracks that actually fit the thread title, don't just put up tunes you made...we can setup a thread for that, lets put up tracks that are RELEVANT to the contest! It makes it more fun to listen to them. Check our IRM or TrueAmerican submissions, now those are tunes that fits the bill!

Cant wait till the 4th when i'll sit back with a cool drink and listen to everyones tracks in one long session, really impressed with the creative talent that is within this thread, I'd love to collaborate with anyone that wants to have some fun making a lil track.

I'm making beats and melodies ALL the time so if anyone is just getting into the field and wants some tips or samples then drop me a u2u and i'd be more than happy to send you some of my riffs/melodies/loops/beats that you can use or just wanna chat.

by the way...I hear lots of talk of Fruity loops being used, anyone using ableton or logic?

Peace and love to all my musician friends, you all rule!!!!

All the best TGG

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hope you're not knocking the FL Studio, 'cause you can come up with some rather decent stuff in there with the right VSTs and mastering tools!

Then again, you'd know a lot more about electronic music than me. It's just a hobby for me, and I've somewhat given it up because I just can't find the right sound I wanna make. Though, it's something to do while I look to play in another band. No one wants to play tech death in my city anymore it seems.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

NEVER would I knock Fruity loops...I started on it! I sessioned it until I got curious about other software...I still hold a big place in my heart for fruity loops...there are some AMAZING producers that use it, it is heavily used in hiphop to make beats still....Its great, it does EVERYTHING you need very quickly and easily, or if you're feeling rather lethargic, i've never known a better beat mapper..... and the beatslicer.....wow....it still rules....I LOVE the beatslicer!!!

anyway, i digress...Hmmm....I recommend you come over to the UK, Bristol and London have a wicked scene dude.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
All my music, perhaps all 30 some odd additions to the podcast section here on ats were made using fl studio. I started on 4 and now im on producer edition 8 xxl. Amazing stuff to work with. My main plugins are rapture, albino 3 and vanguard.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreensGoblin

I occasionally use Ableton Live, but I prefer Reason. I use Pro Tools LE as my DAW and a ton of RTAS and VST plugins (don't know what I would do without the VST to RTAS wrapper). Live is a pretty cool program and I can use it pretty proficiently, but I just seem to work faster in Reason. I guess it's just whatever works for ya.

TA

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join