It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Road (Movie Trailer)... survival doesn't look like it will be so easy.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Very interesting trailer. I'll see it just because I loved No Country for Old Men... that and Charlize Theron is in it

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicaviv

The 2012 trailer makes my stomach turn upside down. I had a dream a couple of years ago that was exactly that scene in the trailer of the water coming up over the mountain(different mountain though) and me and my family just running for our lives. It was like no other dream and I wrote it down and drew pictures of it afterward to get over it. I researched the flood dream on the internet and read that it is the most common apocolyptic dream people have....and was downplayed by the doctor commenting, to me that says that alot of us have possibly tapped into our psychic mind.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Damn, that movie seems like it will make us all 10x more paranoid.

I don't know about you guys, but after watching that trailer, I want to go stock up on some supplies.

Actually i figure it will be a great deal worse than this.... a lot worse.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Isn't this the movie where the "half-ET" on ATS said there would be a date disclosed in the movie which is the day spaceships will arrive and take people away, a day after someone broadcasts on C2C about it in Los Angeles?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Isn't this the movie where the "half-ET" on ATS said there would be a date disclosed in the movie which is the day spaceships will arrive and take people away, a day after someone broadcasts on C2C about it in Los Angeles?

don't leave us hanging.
what was the date ?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FX44rice
reply to post by prevenge

So Bad guy that took his Butt-cheeck protector off can't do this:

Yes I think Viggo Mortinsen should be concerned about not only protecting Charlize's butt, his own butt as well.

I think those days will see many prisons spill their captives into the aftermath world.

and you know how they do'....

helicopters and butt cheek armor ALL THE WAY!
you've converted me. I am a believer.

-

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
It looks like an interesting movie, even if it's unlikely. If these things were to happen I'm not sure there would be a coast, at least not the same coastline, according to scientists, all the east coast would be under water as would the west coast, and I am not sure the coast is where anybody would want to be anyway. I watched a program that says we will be seeing these weather patterns a lot sooner like 2013, because if the ice caps continue to melt at the rate they are currently, 90% of them will have melted by 2013. Also this in theory will cause a mini Ice Age, and if that happens most of the east coast will be frozen excepting the lower half, which may consist of like half the state of Texas, because louisiana and Florida will not be there anymore. The best place to be would be the southwest/south central US Like Pheonix, NM, etc. Or in very high mountain ranges of colorado/Utah, etc.Those would be the dryest most temperate places that would actually have enough water by the time the changes happen to where people could start raising crops again. It looks like a good movie anyway.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by Jessicaviv

The 2012 trailer makes my stomach turn upside down. I had a dream a couple of years ago that was exactly that scene in the trailer of the water coming up over the mountain(different mountain though) and me and my family just running for our lives. It was like no other dream and I wrote it down and drew pictures of it afterward to get over it. I researched the flood dream on the internet and read that it is the most common apocolyptic dream people have....and was downplayed by the doctor commenting, to me that says that alot of us have possibly tapped into our psychic mind.

CAn you post a link to the trailer? I have yet to see any kind of trailer for this movie All I ever see is the title and starting date! Like it's a big secret. the clips are real fast and don't really show the scene you're speaking of.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wasn't this on Oprah's list? And now Hollywood's gonna milk you for the fear dollar. Yummy!

I guess rich bastards see this as being an educational film?

In fact, if anything like this happens, there will be a lot of kindness and human concern. In fact, many people will risk their lives for human goodness, that is to say, if a person is given a heroic challenge for good, they will choose that over a heroic challenge for evil. Many, many people will treat other humans nicely and care for orphans.

But if you are living in fear of your fellow man already, then this film will serve its goal, to push you farther away from them at a time when we need each other more than ever.

In a world like this, there will be a lot more good vigilante types who live to kill gangsters and scumbag dingo-types who prey on the weak.

I am seeing a whole nation of Frank Castles rising up in response to large organized gangs. The more organized the gangs are, the easier it is for one or two sappers to get in and blow the joint sky high.

If this future comes about, you'll see this symbol and you will know someone is defending the innocent and killing gangsters:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8898afe51885.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 17-5-2009 by smallpeeps]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So they're coming out with two terrifying movies, 2012 and this survival one, because they know something is coming up and they really want to gloat and intimidate and brow beat us into some kind of submission to their plans, or to try and bring fear into the general public in the hopes that we will pull something bad our way.

There are many ways to survive. Many people aren't equipped with all the supplies they need because they don't have the money to do so. However, the most important thing is to get a survival group visible locally and get people to band up together and pool their limited resources. Technical information to replace our technology is invaluable.

And keep positive. I refuse to pull this down the pipes by fear. While trying to get prepared mentally and physically for various emergencies should be natural and normal, paranoia isn't.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's a bit like a more brutal version of the BBC series "survivors" which is set in a post viral UK.

I think all of the episodes are on youtube - quite entertaining.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by bl4ke360

don't leave us hanging.
what was the date ?

The date is supposed to be in the movie, I'm looking for the thread that was talking about it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

Thanks man I just spit beer all over my computer

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
before i go read everyone elses post , this is my take on such a situation and my thoughts of such a movie.

yes it could happen, any one of us could drop dead tomorrow from a heart attack too.
i had a lengthy discussion with a person who just got done watching or reading a survival book or movie. wanting to no about our part of Oregon.
survival is not all glamor, poetic. nature is not kind nor caring. it will eat you up and spit you out if you give it a chance.
people who are on survival mode will kill, there kindly behavior which has been learned, will go out the window.
i told this person who is reliant on his friends and the government for daily living to forget it. that is moving out here, with his friends to squat on someones land.
when people are on survival mode, such as this movie depicts, if a person has no qualities to contribute to daily living the person is therefor useless to the pack. people will clan up if the end times ever descend upon us, or the persons mind even thinks the world is ending.

one can read, one can watch movies, but if a person does not practice what they think they know in real life situations, the person will never be prepared for such times.

paranoia, we both have a healthy supply of it here at our house and do catch ourselves in entertaining situations, alone in the back country of Oregon. which surprisingly enough there still is plenty of it here........no people for miles, no strip malls, telephones (or reception), or a grocery store, or even a gas station for hours drive away. you run out of gas, your 4 wheel drive over heats, or alone you get hurt - your on your own. dont expect the gods to open the sky up and drop what ever you need in your lap to get back to town, it is not going to happen. you better be prepared.

be careful out there...... nice topic!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

There are many ways to survive. Many people aren't equipped with all the supplies they need because they don't have the money to do so. However, the most important thing is to get a survival group visible locally and get people to band up together and pool their limited resources. Technical information to replace our technology is invaluable.

I will agree with ya,and this is a double edged sword..That goes back to our great country of Amerika..You have to watch your step's or you be put on a watch list..Do you see the paradox in the what has happened?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CelticMist
Call me paranoid, freak, whatever, I really don't care. There is a foul wind blowing and it will eventually consume us all. The only way to protect yourself and the ones you love~ is to prepare for the worst. If we get the "best" then we can always laugh and use our stored food and supplies as they are needed in our daily lives~however....if we get the "worst" then at least we have prepared somewhat to stave off hunger and evil. I myself have preached for years to my family and loved ones about the things to come....I am ready are you?

No one is ready for something like that.

There are not consistent variables.

Real life is not Hollywood. You will never make it alone. Your only hope is to become a member of a larger group and the devils inside the group you choose may be worse then the devils that you may have to face on your own.

If something like this happens you will have to decide if survival is really worth the price you may have to pay.

Look back through history. If when at his civil best man has behaved worse then any beast on this Earth.

We are the demons of this Earth.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
well jeez it's taking long enough to release. They were supposed to release this last fall (Oct/Nov 08).

Discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join