It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Road (Movie Trailer)... survival doesn't look like it will be so easy.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Damn, that movie seems like it will make us all 10x more paranoid.

I don't know about you guys, but after watching that trailer, I want to go stock up on some supplies.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I am not stockpiling any supplies just weapons and ammo.

SOMEONE has to lead the evil scavenger army.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

I don't know about you guys, but after watching that trailer, I want to go stock up on some supplies.

The best way to get over the paranoia is to except the fact that this situation may just happen any day..and to except the reason to prepare..both physicly and mostly mentaly..

ecept the fact you may be in a position to kill or be killed..Could you do it?
we have had it extremely lucky that a war has never been fought on US soil..allot of people have become very complacent..

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Makes me wanna say the heck with the back hoe where's the shovel! *runs out back and starts digging a hole for a bunker*

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
we have had it extremely lucky that a war has never been fought on US soil..

I thought that there was a civil war in America that killed more Americans than all the other foreign wars put together.

I expect another, except this time it will between many different factions all vieing for power and control of a completely destroyed infrastructure where the living will envy the dead.

I think I sit this one out someplace else. A place with plenty of beer and a beach.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here is the movie info:

The Road (2009) More at IMDbPro »

www.imdb.com...
A father and his son walk alone through burned America. Nothing moves in the ravaged landscape save the ash on the wind. It is cold enough to crack stones, and, when the snow falls it is gray. The sky is dark. Their destination is the coast, although they don't know what, if anything, awaits them there. They have nothing: just a pistol to defend themselves against the lawless bands that stalk the road, the clothes they are wearing, a cart of scavenged food--and each other.

I forgot...Charlize Theron is starring. Oh yeah baby! I'm in.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Jmurman]

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
(also including a working link is preferred)

[edit on Fri May 15 2009 by Jbird]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Wow between this movie and the 2012 movie both coming out in the fall, we should all be paranoid freaks come winter...

I guess it's good though, the governments are not going to warn people, I so guess the movie industry is taken it upon them selves to open our eyes...

They are doing a good job.
Link to 2012 Tailer

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
wow that film looks like the real

the fact that more and more people are having this kind of idea of what could happen scares me but i know if it came down to it, i would have a good chance.

how many more peoples eyes will the movie open hmmmm

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
That trailer by itself freaks the hell out of me.

I will see it opening day. It will be the first movie I have been to in a LOOOOONG time

[edit on 15/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Call me paranoid, freak, whatever, I really don't care. There is a foul wind blowing and it will eventually consume us all. The only way to protect yourself and the ones you love~ is to prepare for the worst. If we get the "best" then we can always laugh and use our stored food and supplies as they are needed in our daily lives~however....if we get the "worst" then at least we have prepared somewhat to stave off hunger and evil. I myself have preached for years to my family and loved ones about the things to come....I am ready are you?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The trailer looks quite interesting, but the book so I have seen told is quite bleak and despairing. Think I'll buy the book and read that before I go see the movie.

Of course, depictions of civilisation's end can either focus on the action of what brings the end about, or it can focus on the human, emotional element. The book I believe focuses on the latter, whereas the film looks to focus on the former.

Here in the UK, I should think that there would be quite a difference between the circumstances in America and those of Britain should our civilisation come to an end through some natural or man-made catastrophe. Although of course, the requirement for the survivors would be the same in both countries, and indeed, on any continent, but I would think that if one was to be a survivor, one would need to have as little contact as possible with other humans until one has got used to the circumstances. This would be far easier to achieve in the larger countries than the smaller ones. I myself would probably head for the Highlands of Scotland, where it would be easy to lose oneself in the areas of desolate expanses there.

How would any of you handle the situation?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

The best way to get over the paranoia is to except the fact that this situation may just happen any day..and to except the reason to prepare..both physicly and mostly mentaly..

we have had it extremely lucky that a war has never been fought on US soil..allot of people have become very complacent..

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

obviously you haven't stepped foot in Harlem, South Central, Detroit, or Phoenix.

-

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is why I'm building this thing in my garage now:

[edit on 15-5-2009 by FX44rice]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

why, so you can be the easiest target in the field of vision for miles around?

-

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicaviv

Here, I embeded the 2012 preview here.

The line is great... "how would the government prepare 6 billion people ... it wouldn't."

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

So this doesn't happen to me:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I LOL'ed but then realised you may be serious

Just watch out for the red dot on your forehead; i'll be the one in the trees

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FX44rice

So this doesn't happen to me:

so what doesn't happen? loosing your butt cheek protector armor?

I would not want to loose my butt cheek protector armor either now that you mention it.

thanks for the heads up.

-

[edit on 16-5-2009 by prevenge]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I didnt want to be captain obvious...but for the feeble minded,I'll add in our life time..

Sitting out anything is fine,but reaping the bennys after the fact is cowardly..

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

No that bad guy didn't lose his butt cheeck protector armor, he took it off.

Need to avoid them bad guys with this:

To prevent bad guys from getting me like this:

So Bad guy that took his Butt-cheeck protector off can't do this:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join