It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Preps Soldier Telepathy Push

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Pentagon Preps Soldier Telepathy Push

www.wired.com

Forget battlefield radios, combat PDAs or even hand signals. When soldiers of the future communicate, they’ll read each other’s minds.
That’s the hope of researchers at Darpa. The agency’s budget includes $4 million for a program called Silent Talk. The goal is to “allow user-to-user communication on the battlefield without the use of vocalized speech.
The Army spent $4 million last year for the University of California to investigate computer-mediated telepathy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wired.com
www.wired.com

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The Pentagon, through DARPA, has funded projects studying conversion of thoughts to motion and words in humans and monkeys.

This project works in three steps:

mapping EEG patterns for "pre-speech" in individuals to recognize words,
determine if individual patterns are generalizable to others,
and then build a prototype for field trials to decode, transmit, recieive and decipher the thought patterns.

Monkeys have been capable of telepathic limb control.

The military's next steps include research into controlling an enemy's thoughts and making him respond.

jw

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-5-2009 by jdub297]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Telepathy does exist, and we can see with this that the Army, and in general the Armed Forces are still investigating how to use this form of communication.

Good catch.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

The military's next steps include research into controlling an enemy's thoughts and making him repond.

Wow. Thought police anyone?

This is pretty scary, its only a matter of time before technology like this leaks into the private sector, and then we won't even have privacy in our own heads.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is really doppy. If any of you have any interest in telepaphy know, is that how can you distinquish your thoughts from soemone elses in your mind. You just cannot, even though they will come from different parts of the brain.

I am not saying i am an expert on this, but i know that human minds are too weak, and ill focused too do such a thing in any real way.

People may get bits and bobs, but your mind will automatically try to defend you from outside energies, and this is the main reason why we cannot read minds yet, in our evolution.

Personally i think it is too soon for us to be doing this, as this sort of thing is too advanced for our primitive minds as they are.

I am no expert, but we all have experienced some of this in our lifes, and our minds are not ready for this.

Even though i think the pentagon can communicate with there soldiers across the world with electronic telepathy, using huamn to human is going to be very hard to do.

I found out like i said so many times before that they used electronic mind control in schools in 1992 in uk, so they are already transmitting into the minds of people, duh. This is a fact, just because you do not know, does not mean it is not true. They have monitored me ever since.

Anyone who is a true telepath, knows that you can only get bits and bobs, not everything, because like i said your brain will try to defend you from anothers thoughts, and rightly so. But telepathic thoughts and your thoughts come from different parts of your brain, so this is how you may be able to tell, if you know what you are doing.

[edit on 5/15/2009 by andy1033]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Solid post Andy, and I must say that I agree completely.

Personally, I wonder if this is some extension from the Montauk project that has finally come time to bring it into the "White Project" world. I read Psychic Warrior many years ago, and this seems to have some basis in what I remember from the book.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If telepathy exists (as I believe it does) then anyone can learn to use it. It will be harder for some than for others, just as some find learning languages or music, for example easier than others.
Of course age will play a part, since children will learn much easier than adults. But I wouldn't worry to much about mind control. If you are in control of yourself, then you will know if someone is messing with your mind, and you will figure out how to keep them out.
It's like watching TV. You can watch the programs and the commercials, lwhich brainwash you, or you can fast forward through the commercials and just enjoy the program.
I'm not reaaly worried about someone controlling my mind. I'm much more concerned about people taking my rights.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Fantastic. Make the enemies obey, eh? Who exactly are the enemies?
Ah, it could be us... in the future. Us, versus them... terrific.

And what's stopping other nations from developing this technology as well?
War will never be the same... thought wars.

And of course, equipment will be made to make it so one's mind cannot be taken over...but that'll result in stronger technology... much like any other weapon.

The future is here... eesh!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Ever hear of Remote viewing?

The US gov't had a remote viewing programmed called 'Stargate'. It was started up by the CIA.

Here is the manual

www.google.ca...://www.firedocs.com/remoteviewing/answers/crvmanual/CRVManual_FiredocsRV.pdf&ei=c9ENSuneO5_EM6Cr9cUG&sa=X&oi=spellmeleo n_result&resnum=1&ct=result&usg=AFQjCNGsyw0ckyL3uI4NXVTksnZ0RV3Bvg

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Ever hear of Remote viewing?

The US gov't had a remote viewing programmed called 'Stargate'. It was started up by the CIA.

Here is the manual

www.google.ca...://www.firedocs.com/remoteviewing/answers/crvmanual/CRVManual_FiredocsRV.pdf&ei=c9ENSuneO5_EM6Cr9cUG&sa=X&oi=spellmeleo n_result&resnum=1&ct=result&usg=AFQjCNGsyw0ckyL3uI4NXVTksnZ0RV3Bvg

Remote viewing is some trippy stuff. I tried it years ago, with quite a high success rate. Very interesting..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyone

Originally posted by andy1033

Solid post Andy, and I must say that I agree completely.

Personally, I wonder if this is some extension from the Montauk project that has finally come time to bring it into the "White Project" world. I read Psychic Warrior many years ago, and this seems to have some basis in what I remember from the book.

Yep nearly everyone on earth must of experienced telepathy but they do not understand that you must be able to know that thoughts are in differnet parts of your brain, and how to read this is hard. Probably nealy everyone on earth, just thinks all the thoughts in there minds are just there, this is not the case.

Everyone experiences telepathy but like i said, you just do not know that the thoughts coming in are not yours, so you just think you are thinking something, when your brain is actually picking up something.

It is very hard to do, and like above someone said when you are young, it may be easier, but again how will they understand different thoughts, if they are told all there lifes all there thoughts are only there own.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think the program will teach both communicating with other telepaths and defense from unwanted telepathic attacks. The program might have well been developed because of some foriegn telepathic programs have been found to be effective. Russa has been very active in psychic research for decades, we maybe just protecting ourselves. Telepathy is nothing new and our minds are more than capable of using telepathy, we just need to relearn what we have lost a long time ago. Just my opinion, no links.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I'm certain it is a 'sense' that can be attuned, attenuated, exercised, or lost.

Your example of childrens' abiliities probably applies to adults, too, if they haven't let their innate abilities atrophy.

jw

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

The military's next steps include research into controlling an enemy's thoughts and making him respond.

Whoa. Know what my first thought was? That guy in Canada on the bus who suddenly and for no reason killed a fellow passenger with a knife, cut his head off and then proceeded to EAT parts of his victim. The assailant did say that he didn't know why he did it and didn't know what came over him.

If there was ever a successful test of this "mind control" system on civilians ... cases like these could well be it.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dowser

I don't doubt that the fall of the USSR allowed us to gain insight and assistance in the research they conducted in the '70s and '80s, and maybe even the chance to verify some of the results of ours as well.

I also believe that 'defense' against the process, if possible has been considered too.

jw

reply to post by sos37

Maybe a lot of the seemingly "unexplainable" behavior we hear about could be the result of 'field tests' or project errors.

The victims of MKUltra and other early 'mind control' experiments are still being discovered today.

jw

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This could back fire also, who that is pure of heart would do such things.
Without being pure of heart the person would not have clearity of mind to perform such things, and if they did they would not.
As a example when the British fought the Sikhs some years back, 600 Sikhs defeated 10,000 british troops, question is why. I know the answer.
This happened 3 times, till finally the British said to the Sikhs will you be on our side, huh?
Anyhow unless Luke is able to turn to the Dark Side of the Force I don't think it will work.
The way the Brain works is in Truthes, to try and force Brain to do somting that is inconsistent with the way it is programed to work, would cause conflict within.
It is one of my thougths that much illness comes from within, from the inter conflicts people induce on themselves.
First you need to get rid of all those nasty little egos, if you can't control own mind how could you control someone else's.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by googolplex]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

This may not only have military implications.

Being able to focus on our thoughts before we speak and being attuned to others' may give us insight into better communication generally.

The rule of unintended consequences can have good results as well as bad.

This does not have to be evil, and in fact, evil intent may harm or diminish the experimental results.

jw

top topics

join