It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Of Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
How many people here on ATS are familiar with the Church Of Reality?

www.churchofreality.org...

I’ve recently switched my affiliations from the Church Of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I mean being a Pastafarian was fun, but the Church Of Reality is a “for real” Religion.

Seriously, everybody should check this Church Of Reality out.

I would suggest EVERYONE here go to their web site and read up on this in detail.

As a religion, the Realists make THE most sense of all.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Church of Reality? A true oxymoron if ever there was one! Thanks for the heads up. I'm keen for a good laugh!

IRM

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Well, go to the site and read,,assuming it's all about a laugh.

But think seriously about what is being said.

The idea is all about the pursuit of "REAL" reality.

Their goal is to foster conditions to ensure the continuation of the human species so that the species can continue to learn more about reality.

Unlike the Church of the flying spaghetti Monster, the Church Of Reality is actually not a joke.

But you must read a fair amount of the info on the site to see that.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I read it, some good stuff there, but when I got to the afterlife part and they were talking about how nothing is after death and no proof exists otherwise, they lost me.

I am not a religious man but I have seen enough and I am pretty sure there has been enought ACTUAL scientific research and findings to prove that ghosts are real, the energy inside us is real and paranormal studies are more than just a wacko science.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hlesterjerome

But think seriously about what is being said.

The idea is all about the pursuit of "REAL" reality.

While I agree with their premise, I can't help but feel that they're peeing into the wind. Reality is subjective, and even more so to those who don't have a grip on it. Therefore I will assume that their message will fall on the deaf ears of many an indoctrinated sheep.

Many will just see their statement as 'our reality is better than yours". A common theme amongst the big three established religions.

I like the site and have put it in my faves. Anything that promotes reality is a winner with me.

IRM

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wow!I cant believe some one put that kind of effort into that idea.I picture myself sitting having a few beers with buddies and coming up with this premise but who follows it through to that extent?O.C.D.? psycho? I want to start the church of feel,if I cant feel it its not real.I feel the earth therefore its real. I feel gods love therefore.....real.to bad I don't feel like making a website,therefore.....not real.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hlesterjerome
How many people here on ATS are familiar with the Church Of Reality?

www.churchofreality.org...

I’ve recently switched my affiliations from the Church Of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I mean being a Pastafarian was fun, but the Church Of Reality is a “for real” Religion.

Seriously, everybody should check this Church Of Reality out.

I would suggest EVERYONE here go to their web site and read up on this in detail.

As a religion, the Realists make THE most sense of all.

There is already a church of reality, and its called the christian church.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
I read it, some good stuff there, but when I got to the afterlife part and they were talking about how nothing is after death and no proof exists otherwise, they lost me...

But, that's one thing about them. They propose "figuring stuff out.'

They understand that we DON'T know everything.

They encourage doubt and scrutiny.

They encourage examining reality and attempting to further our understanding of it.

They say there is no proof, at this time, that there is an afterlife, but they would encourage studying the prospect.

They would not ask you accept their opinion just because "they say so".

This is a "Religion", not just about truth as we know it today. They encourage constantly discovering REAL reality.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by hlesterjerome]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012_the_truth

This added a lot to the conversation, and none of it is frustration about indoctrination! Thank you so much. I think I'll convert now.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

[

Wow, gonna have to disagree with that one.

They are so anti-reality that they excommunicated Galileo Galilee for discovering that the Earth is not the center of reality.

The Christian Church only accepts reality if it cleanly dovetails with their official beliefs.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

I am with you on that one. I cannot get behind anything that doesn't offer some affirmation of an *afterlife*. I'm not stating this in a religious context because I'm not a supporter of any organized religion. I simply have very strong personal beliefs based on my own experiences and feelings/intuition. Also, science has come a long way in the 'soul hypotheses'. I am currently reading "The Afterlife Experiments", a collaboration by scientists and physicians. It is fascinating and informative, I would most definitely recommend it.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

But again, the Church Of Reality is not saying it's not possible just because they have not seen any proof yet.

They're all about scientific research.

Unlike some Religions, if the proof is forthcoming, they will embrace it with open arms.

One of the main ideas is that we don't know everything there is to know and they encourage people to try and update our knowledge on a continuous basis.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
See, their stance is, if something is real then eventually science will catch up with that truth.

They want to foster an environment in which the human race can continue the forward momentum of scientific discovery.

If there is an after life, we will eventually build the tools needed to “discover” it on a scientific level.

The ultimate goal of the Church Of Reality is to advance our understanding of reality as accurately as possible, even if that entails beliefs that our present level of understanding do not yet embrace. That includes the concept of an after life. If it’s real, lets strive to find it.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hlesterjerome

Are you a member of said church or affiliated in any way hlesterjerome?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I consider myself a believer of the concepts they believe. I'm not officially associated with them.

I strongly agree with them that it would be advantageous to us a race to believe in true reality, even if it contrasts with possible preconceived notions.

At one time everyone "knew" the earth was flat.
At one time everyone knew that the earth was the center of the universe.

I find it extremely perplexing that so many humans cling to old beliefs when science shows them to be incorrect.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by hlesterjerome]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hlesterjerome

I agree that everything should be proven by science before it can be referred to as reality, however, the argument you always get from the other side is that science is a cult within itself. Just check out any of the many creation vs evolution threads on this forum.

Somehow, they believe things can be proven by faith and should be regarded as an equal qualifier to science. lol!

top topics

join