It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemist Shows How RNA Can Be the Starting Point for Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
For the first time, scientists have been able to make artificial RNA, as it was in the early times of earth. But how does "life" get into RNA? that is something we still cant simulate in the lab

An English chemist has found the hidden gateway to the RNA world, the chemical milieu from which the first forms of life are thought to have emerged on earth some 3.8 billion years ago.

He has solved a problem that for 20 years has thwarted researchers trying to understand the origin of life — how the building blocks of RNA, called nucleotides, could have spontaneously assembled themselves in the conditions of the primitive earth. The discovery, if correct, should set researchers on the right track to solving many other mysteries about the origin of life. It will also mean that for the first time a plausible explanation exists for how an information-carrying biological molecule could have emerged through natural processes from chemicals on the primitive earth.

The entire article here: nytimes.com

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If this proves to be a worthy substance in the physics world.

Religious Fans will do one of two things

Say "Aha! God is so good, he let you find a way to discover how he made you!"

or

"Your science is wrong, Science is always wrong, and the bible is the only true answer (albeit the quran and etc)

If it is good, i'd want to learn as much as I could about it right away.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I read up about Ganesh particles the other day they supposedly they can impart a genetic imprint to any non-organic matter. The Ganesh particles also react with DNA/RNA, changing it's genetic code. This genesis particle is accessing organic and non-organic matter through wormholes in the fabric of spacetime. This may not imply God, but possibly an ET race that seeded earth and still does.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Okay, if you could list on here, preferably instead of a U2U I usuaylly ask for, of your sources of this information about the garnish particals.... I like i'd assume many others are gentically retarded.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

This may not imply God, but possibly an ET race that seeded earth and still does.

I don't find it that hard to believe an ET race seeded us here like farmers, and for kicks told everyone about different so called gods.

That would imply though that, they wanted us to achieve something before a revealing, or to see how we came to be in a certain place, if time travel is impossible to study their own history.

That to me is more plausible then, god wanted to play hide and seek, and wanted everyone to believe he was there just by word of mouth, ergo the meaning of life. Doesn't seem very godly to me.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

of your sources of this information about the garnish particals

There is a video series on Youtube (I do not have access to youtube as I am in office). On you tube search for "Dan Burisch Caltech). This is a presentation he made at Caltech. In part 3 of the series he talks about Ganesh Particles

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Nice one. There's a thread on this in the Science forum as well.

Here's an article about it with a bit more detail, from Nature News.

I guess this is where God hands in his retirement papers.

top topics

join