It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by errorist

It is not Colin Tudge. The author, working with the History Channel, is sworn to secrecy. "The Link" cover is in the public domain, along with the premise too - it does not fit the criteria. He is working with the BBC.

However, this was on Twitter

Recap: @LittleBrown is 1-day laydowning #ProjectX by "Lucy Highfield" on 5/20, promising to blow our minds, possibly thru natural history.

#ProjectX hypothesis from @BellaStander: Lucy Highfield is a code name for the fossil Lucy, found in a high field. (from twitter cache, twitter down right now)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

It is not Colin Tudge. The author, working with the History Channel, is sworn to secrecy. "The Link" cover is in the public domain, along with the premise too - it does not fit the criteria. He is working with the BBC.

However, this was on Twitter

Recap: @LittleBrown is 1-day laydowning #ProjectX by "Lucy Highfield" on 5/20, promising to blow our minds, possibly thru natural history.

#ProjectX hypothesis from @BellaStander: Lucy Highfield is a code name for the fossil Lucy, found in a high field. (from twitter cache, twitter down right now)

exactly. "Lucy Highfield" is the "author" of the very same book (The Link) (check the first hit on google and has the same release date: 20th of may.

[edit on 15/5/2009 by errorist]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I just can't see how the "missing link" would change anything.

this event is supposed to send shock waves around the world.

How the hell could something already believed shock anybody?

So it has to be something that is either 44 million years old, or something that will affect a form of belief that was created by something else we found that was 44 million years old?

Perhaps this is the first step of disclosure. Something small to get us used to the idea. And by us I mean regular joe public, not the people who visit ATS. I am sure we'll all be like, eh we knew that already.

Or once again I will say...........

Missing link but not the one we are expecting?

1. Dino,reptile/Primate link. We walked with the dino's!
2. Alien/human link

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

But, it still does not make sense. How can you release a book on the 20th May when the embargo is not lifted until the 25th May
And, the picture on the cover you posted is not "Lucy"

But, most importantly, we've known about "Lucy" for decades.

Don't get me wrong, I think we are discussing evolution and the missing link - but I do not think this is related to Colin Tudge. BBC is covering him.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Evilbob

nice find! omfg!

"Lying inside a high security vault, deep within the heart of one of the world’s leading museums, is a discovery that will change textbooks, change science, and change how we understand the human race."

this now sounds promising!

and a media blitz and press conference!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
has nobody researched what the other dates are? that is what happened on those other dates to give us a clue perhaps what its talkin about?

I actually have been trying to - at work so can't do too much but so far I am not finding a link here.

This is just a random sprinkling but ~

Oct 10, 1958 ~ Pope dies
Aug 27, 1985 Nigeria Palace Coup?
1028 Death of Constantine (created Christianity)
Nov 4, 2008 of course Obama elected
Dec 7, 1941 Pearl Harbor
1246 A.D birth of the Gregorian calendar

That is as far as I got

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
A clue in the video;

Notice there are, according to my knowledge, no religious dates (as in birth of Christ, Mohammed travels to Mecca, etc) within the major events of Humanity in the History Channel advert.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Different publishing companies.
Different number of pages.

(The Link)
Publisher: Little Brown and Company (May 20, 2009)
Hardcover: 262 pages

(Untitled)
Publisher: Hachette Book Group (May 28, 2009)
Format: Hardcover, 320pp

Just looking at the recent keyword searches that led people to this site, it's clear that more than a few inquisitive minds have been trying to figure out the identity of the mysterious book careleased by Hachette on May 28 called UNTITLED by UNKNOWN

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave

Well, significantly, the 3.8 billion followers of the Abrahamic faiths would be proved wrong because evolution would show there was no creator.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lombardy Inn
Different publishing companies.
Different number of pages.

(The Link)
Publisher: Little Brown and Company (May 20, 2009)
Hardcover: 262 pages

(Untitled)
Publisher: Hachette Book Group (May 28, 2009)
Format: Hardcover, 320pp

Just looking at the recent keyword searches that led people to this site, it's clear that more than a few inquisitive minds have been trying to figure out the identity of the mysterious book careleased by Hachette on May 28 called UNTITLED by UNKNOWN

how did you come up with than 2nd book? (releasdedate 28th)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It's very clever, although somewhat typical, marketting and has clearly worked in many ways to a variety of people.

While I do accept that it could fundamentally be designed to attract a wider array of audience by very principle alone, what I can't quite put my finger on is why they would sensationalise it in this specific way.

Suffice to say, I'm neither here or there, there's nothing hard enough for me to make own assessment but part of me would love to see something quite fantastic disclosed that has a very positive impact on us and our future.

Just to note, here are the History Channel listings in the UK for 25th May 2009, appear that there's nothing out of the ordinary here, or is there?

www.thehistorychannel.co.uk...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Well, significantly, the 3.8 billion followers of the Abrahamic faiths would be proved wrong because evolution would show there was no creator.

Really...

So even if we came out of a pool of primordial ooze how do you know God didn't put it there or shot the big bang from out his butt.

Evolution does not prove or disprove if there is an almighty creator, but nice try.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by AllexxisF1]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ledhead

note on that article it says "BBC programme" they would post such a great find on BBC 1 not History Channel...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1

Really...

So even if we came out of a pool of primordial ooze how do you know God didn't put it there or shot the big bang from out his butt.

Evolution does not prove or disprove if there is an almighty creator, but nice try.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by AllexxisF1]

no, but, disprove all the bull# about us beeing special and blahblahblah ...

really...we would be just like the other animals, but more inteligent ... thats it ... if there is a creator, well, maybe, but he creator would be the creator of everything, not just earth ...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
May 25th is my birthday, the gig is up.

Springer...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Ok, Here we go...I got alot more info on this for everyone who still thinks it is the same book as "The Link"

UNTITLED, By: UNKNOWN

Hachette Mystery Popular Science Title 'Untitled'

By: Top Secret 'Unknown'
Retail Price: $35.00 Booktopia
Price $27.95
ISBN: 9781408702215
Format: Paperback
Published: May 2009

Product Details:

ISBN-10: 1408702215
Number Of Pages: 320

Notice the ISBNs.

This brand new TOP SECRET Popular Science title that will be published on 28th May 2009. The title is under a strict EMBARGO – no copies will go out before 28th May. This title is so top secret that neither the publisher nor Booktopia can reveal the title or the author at this stage. All we can say is that this discovery will change everything we know and understand about the human race and it will generate a huge worldwide media blitz in television, radio, print and online outlets. Everyone will be talking about this discovery and it will send shockwaves around the world.

And thats where the date came from.

Source

Now heres the "The Link" Details.

# Hardcover: 262 pages
# Publisher: Little Brown and Company (May 20, 2009)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 0316070084
# ISBN-13: 978-0316070089

Source

Different books people... Dont think this is gonna be about missing links.

But i still wont get my hopes up.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Lombardy Inn]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I just want to clear up my original mention of "Lucy". I was in no way intending to link (bad pun) "Lucy" to the possible shock wave that will rock the planet and change the way we view humanity.

I just mentioned her because she was touted as a missing link, and only a few people really cared. Sure many know the name, but it wasn't Earth-shattering to most.

My point is that unless this event really is something that will upset the apple cart, the 'shock wave' will be minimal. If it's another History Channel exclusive of conjecture and musings I won't be surprised. Re-enactments leave me cold.
"Here's what it might have been like where 'missing link x' lived. And here's what we think he may have used to cook with..."

Government embargo? Why? So they can cover their tracks? Hide anything that might have us saying, "Hey, if you knew why didn't you tell us?"?
Give the Vatican a chance to issue yet another "Oh, it's okay to be a good Christian and believe XXXX"? Prepare TPTB/Religious leaders for questions? If it's scientific in its nature, then the government shouldn't have any qualms about releasing info. Unless NASA are quaking in their boots.

Hype? Possibly. Probably.

We can dream, but I doubt it's disclosure.
Didn't the 'threat' to make things uncomfortable for the government unless they disclosed run to the 31st? Why release early.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
wouldn't having no title in the time slot for 25th 8-10 pm be untitled?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lombardy Inn

Ok, Here we go...I got alot more info on this for everyone who still thinks it is the same book as "The Link"

UNTITLED, By: UNKNOWN

Hachette Mystery Popular Science Title 'Untitled'

By: Top Secret 'Unknown'
Retail Price: $35.00 Booktopia
Price $27.95
Published: May 2009

Product Details:

ISBN-10: 1408702215
Number Of Pages: 320

Notice the ISBNs.

This brand new TOP SECRET Popular Science title that will be published on 28th May 2009. The title is under a strict EMBARGO – no copies will go out before 28th May. This title is so top secret that neither the publisher nor Booktopia can reveal the title or the author at this stage. All we can say is that this discovery will change everything we know and understand about the human race and it will generate a huge worldwide media blitz in television, radio, print and online outlets. Everyone will be talking about this discovery and it will send shockwaves around the world.

And thats where the date came from.

Source

Now heres the "The Link" Details.

# Hardcover: 262 pages
# Publisher: Little Brown and Company (May 20, 2009)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 0316070084
# ISBN-13: 978-0316070089

Source

Different books people... Dont think this is gonna be about missing links.

But i still wont get my hopes up.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Lombardy Inn]

And heres a little something to tie the Publishing Company and book directly to the history channel. (Pretty Much the same descriptions)

Here is an excerpt from their ambitious sell-in sheet for UNTITLED by UNKNOWN, strictly embargoed until its release on May 28: "Lying inside a high security vault, deep within the heart of one of the world’s leading museums, is an extraordinary specimen that could be the most important scientific discovery of recent times. Fewer than a dozen experts know of its existence; its value to the world is inestimable. This is a discovery that will change textbooks, change science, and change how we understand the human race. The author of UNTITLED has been given exclusive access to all of the research and the team of top scientists who have been validating the discovery, the announcement of which will send shock waves around the world."

What i am wondering, is maybe both of the books have something to do with it...Who knows?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alienseeker

You are right, given the program listings for that day there is nothing else it could be other than the Mayan prophecy 2012 show. I am disturbed that they would trivialize everything else in comparison to another prophecy show. gimme a break.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join