It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Another thing...I dont know if i missed it in a previous post, but do we know for sure that this Colin Tudge guy is in any way involved with this History program? Where was he linked to it in the first place? I mean, if he is...Given his history of study, the i would assume it has something to do with primates. If hes not involved, then it can be just about anything.

Sorry if i missed where he was linked to the history channel previously, but im kinda half asleep reading this thread.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Well, the discovery is going to send shock waves across the world - according to the History Channel. All we know, it involves the Human race and science. That's it.

The revelation is going to become so significant and powerful, that it will literally change history. Darwin coined evolution centuries ago, would confirming we evolved from Apes really change the world?

We already perceived it and accepted this fact decades ago.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lombardy Inn

He isn't.

This discovery has nothing to do with him. "The link" is being presented by the BBC, not the History Channel.

Completely separate.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Maybe the LHC has made new findings concerning dark matter? Just a thought.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by StevesResearch
It's just an advertisement, get over it! Geez.

Absolutely. I agree to a certain extent. Yet, the nature of the advertisement, and the secrecy surrounding this program leads us to wonder just what they are hiding. When was the last time you saw a commercial of this nature, and not been able to find any information whatsoever on the internet?

This discussion is simply assumptions of what this show could be hiding so tightly that there is not ONE bit of info on the internet, where everything is leaked in the mater of a few keyboard stokes.

Bet youll be watching it come May 25th.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

He isn't.

This discovery has nothing to do with him. "The link" is being presented by the BBC, not the History Channel.

Completely separate.

OK, yea, i thought i went through every page and didn't see where he was linked to it besides assumptions due to his censored book cover and the closely related dates of the release.

I was kind of disappointed when i thought it was going to be a missing link thing. I mean, im pretty sure most people believe we evolved from primates, so i don't think that would ensue a shock wave throughout the world. Now im pretty anxious again.

Thank you Infinite, for bringing this up.

Come on disclosure! hehe..sorry... The wishful thinkings got me going now.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Redeemer

It is still being repaired.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It's going to be the first alien broadcast to the public. They are here to save us from ourselves.

no, not really.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I agree that this is just a marketing pitch but it still has me interested.

I am in the UK and do not have Sky TV so will not be able to watch it but please do post the title of the show so that I can try and find it.

Cheers

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
OK, i found this source who has a different wording of the book description, and a description of the cover.

Sometimes publishers use the tactic of urgency to get them to buy their books. Sometimes they use the power of secrecy, and sometimes they use the bargaining chip of importance. My new favourite is being bandied about by Hachette Australia. Here is an excerpt from their ambitious sell-in sheet for UNTITLED by UNKNOWN, strictly embargoed until its release on May 28: "Lying inside a high security vault, deep within the heart of one of the world’s leading museums, is an extraordinary specimen that could be the most important scientific discovery of recent times. Fewer than a dozen experts know of its existence; its value to the world is inestimable. This is a discovery that will change textbooks, change science, and change how we understand the human race.

A little different than the previous summaries. This date seems right as well being on the 28th. This isnt the missing link guy as the author.

N.B. Hachette's truly excitable marketing team also came up with one of my favourite spriuks ever, when describing this cover. It is, according to the press release: "Packaged beautifully with cult object production values that will make this object as cult as the ipod."

What could this mean?
"Packaged beautifully with cult object production values that will make this object as cult as the ipod."

Strange...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It's simple and perfect....get us all interested and watching the boob tube on 5/25.....then slide something else by us....maybe they're opening up the FEMA camps????

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Who has put the embargo in place?
It must be highly significant to warrant an embargo

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Every search i make comes up with the Tudge guy....I honestly dont think its him now. His book is scheduled for the 20th...or 19th? The Untitled, by Unknown is scheduled for the 28th. Im pretty confused...This is killing me.

That source i posted excerpts from was on a book reviewers blog, and he had other information up as well, but now i cant find it to save my life.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well, I say that when it turns out to be a big promotional scam he all start a major boycott of the Hsitory Channel and savage them in the online forums. Who's in?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well whatever it is it certainly has me curious about it. I just hope it isn't the big let down that many people think it will be.

edit: spelling

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Jenna]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

What the heckola is a spriuk? TIA. Sounds like a plausible explanation for the hype, though.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lombardy Inn
Every search i make comes up with the Tudge guy....I honestly dont think its him now.

It is not Tudge or nothing to do with him.

In order for the media not to report a build up, this embargo must be implemented via the government. Example: When Prince Harry served in Afghanistan, the British government got an agreement with the international press not to report his service.

It is plausible the History Channel, and the research team, have gotten a embargo from the US government.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redeemer
Maybe the LHC has made new findings concerning dark matter? Just a thought.

The LHC is not even up and running yet to my knowledge. It was indefinitely delayed last year after some sort of accident damaged it and to my knowledge it may not go up again til later (fall) this year.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well, I'll wait to see if anything is said on any mainstream News shows.

With it being a Holiday I think many might just miss the big news unless Alien ships show themselves and fill up the skies so everyone doesn't miss it.

At first I thought the Baby Mammoth named Lyuba which was discovered and dated back--- one news reports it goes back 37 million years another 44 million years so............... a few members here mentioned this already.

Steve Bassett for over a year has been saying Disclosure in the Spring of "09" and as we know here by May 31 mentioned.....and the meeting going on now with the Elitist. Sounds like something major is about to take place that they know of and this is why they are sinking the Economy and grabbing all our money for themselves.

I agree with many here that they usually pump you up and then when the time comes it is a hugh let down.

Let's think logically, if this is going to have an effect globially the only things I can think that might fit this catagory are either the missing link....I don't know if the world people really care about this myself or.........Ufo's and Alien's.... life discovered on another planet something more to this effect. I would think this would be more of the discovery people are/would be waiting for.

Looks like we are back to another countdown 10 days and counting!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by observe50]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Let us go back to basics, the definition of specimen:

In biology, a specimen is an individual animal, part of an animal, plant, part of a plant, or microorganism used as a representative to study the properties of the whole population of that species or subspecies. When a taxon is described, it is typically based on a single specimen, then referred to as the holotype.

Here is a point made on another forum. Life declared on Mars?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join