It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurovision 2009 - A Comic Masterpiece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Every Year I wait in anticipation for the EUROTRASH song contest, a festival that for 53 years has brought us finds such as ABBA , Cliff Richard, Celene Dion and Julio Igalasies. Take a walk down memory lane with me before we look at this years little pearlers.

History of winners by year:
www.eurovision.tv...

The most famous: ABBA Waterloo

Last years winner Russia. He's moves in that white satin are soooo sesssy. I actually only realised a year later his song was sung in English, not Russian.

Now the winners In 2006 were a particular favourite of mine

Chiki Chiki was actually last years finalist, and not a clip from Eurovision 87, The backupdancers falling over are incredible.

Ukraine 2007-speechless

Azerbaijan 2008-davil versus angel, this 'rock opera' just made me thow up in my mouth.

Dana Internationl Israeli tranny wins

This thread may only end up including posts by me, as not many are brave enough to confess their addiction. I only watch it if it has Terry Wogan commentary.
My place is having a Eurovision party, plenty of snacks and champers, so feel free to join us. I will be 'blogging' on this thread my thoughts on each of the country contestants and the the tragic hosts of course

This year its in Moscow this weeked, Ill post some of the finalists soon...so until then, 2 points to zazzafraz...Duex poin du Zaazzafrazz

[edit on 13-5-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Gossip pages leading up to the contest.
www.eurovision.tv...

DITA VON TESE TO APPEAR

The world-famous burlesque star Dita von Teese might be accompanying the German representatives ALex Sings Oscar Sings! on the stage of this year's Eurovision Song Contest.

ELVIS TO REPRESENT BELIGIUM

Could the King of Rock 'n' Roll be back and represent Belgium at the 54th Eurovision Song Contest? A new teaser posted on YouTube suggest it might as well be the case

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
2nd semifinals is tonight (9½ hours from now).

Wikipedia: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Here's Vladimir Putin's personal favorite for this year, Azerbaijan's entry:

Arash & Aysel - Always

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Here is Norway's entry. I believe they might win.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
SOME OF THIS YEARS ENTRIES:

Im not sure in Turkey if she could get around in the get-up. I actually pick this to win as its getting the most promos (not because I think its any good!):

United kingdom: Always terrible :bnghd:

Finalnd:"Lose control" I may lose control if i ever have to listen to that again

The Netherlands:looks like they rounded up an old folk group and forced them at gunpoint to donn latex and leather...very akward!

Albania: OH DEAR

MOLDOVA: Its fun...if Im at a Greek wedding smashing plates

LATVIA:the lead singer looks like Jerry Lewis in the Nutty Professor

[edit on 14-5-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

eeeooww the leader male singer is 100, and the female is 16! The dancer with the long hair (male) looks like a serial killer.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
and the winner is: SERBIA! I suspect the Croats may have landed a H-Bomb on his house during the 90's war, how else do we account for that nuclear hair?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Turkey's entry sounds like a copy of the Greek winner song from 2005...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Very much so! HHHmmm Helmutt how did you remember that? DO you have a Eurovision problem you need to confess? If I went through your DVD collection what would I find? The back catalogue to 1953?

Here's This years Greece. It looks like a Stonewall performance in Sydney ( a legenary Gay bay)

Here's Macedonia's John Bon Jovi:

Croatia 10 points for a cutie (the guy for me as Im a gal). but minus 9 points for horrible singing off key. oh god, he sounds like a cat being gutted

HELMUTT as a DANE can you explain this please?

OK my eyes hurt, I need NUROFEN.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

HELMUTT as a DANE can you explain this please?

I'm Norwegian, so I don't need to explain anything. I only live in Denmark

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Here is Sweden's entry. The Swedes believe they will win this year. I believe Norway will beat them. Let's see. The finale is on Saturday, May 16th in Moscow.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Is that a man doing False Seto? Sweeden always think they will win, they roll out the Annafrid look-alikes time and time again, trying to recapture that 1976 glorious ABBA moment.

My prediction both NORWAY and SWEEDEN should be safe from each other winning this year

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The winner will be announced from the International space station!
Oh i luuuurve Eurovision.

Here is my personal favourite Czach republic....pppfffttt hahha

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
In case anybody missed it. Norway won with a record 387 points.

BBC: Norwegians celebrate in Moscow

He wrote the song himself and, as he admitted, simplicity is the formula for Eurovision glory.

So now a record deal and a tour await the Norwegian fiddler who was born in Belarus and speaks fluent Russian.

[---]

So now Norway will host the next Eurovision Song Contest in 2010.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
it was great norway won
well done

i have a kind of hate-love towards that eurovision song contest

germany participates all the time - i am going to spare you the fruitless attempts of german contributions to the contest
it is more than embarrassing
and when it comes to points the german moderators who are translating the words of the guys on stage for the german nation *coughing coughing* always rants or curry favor

"thanks to denmark for the 5 point"
"ah the netherlands should have given us some points"
etc.

and than the shame or relieve depending on which place among the last 10 or 5 germany got again.
as if it really means something

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
omg
omg
omg
its time again!!!!!!!!
Hellmutt will you be hosting this year?
I hope so cause its in Norway!!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz