It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whens the last time you actually had the flu ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It's funny I've never gotten the flu shot, And I can't even remember when I had the flu last...so it must've been awhile. What's really wierd is I have had stomach viruses several times down here from the year I moved into this state, but I blame that on the water, which is nasty down here. Because I smoke every Jan/feb I get chronic bronchitis which usually starts off as a cold, I have even had pneumonia, But still I don't think I have ever really had a flu ever that I can remember because when I finally learned what the actual symptoms are I can put down every one of them as a severe cold only. Weird. I will say though I've also developed asthma, and last march was the worse month for my asthma. Luckily I had just gotten over the bronchitis so I had an inhaler( It seems the doctors down here don't beleive that someone can develop Asthma later in life???). Needless to say I can't get an inhaler prescription for myself unless they find I have bronchitis or pnuemonia or if they let it progress to emphysema. Nice huh? well, enough Of my ranting about this idiotic state. The point I am making is I really don't have a super great immune system myself, so it's very wierd I didn't have a flu that I can honestly say.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have never took the flu shot. I got sick as hell after I took an airplane to Alabama, where I spent New Years (3 days total) and came back. It was a terrible flu that caused me to have to take breathing treatments for a week.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I actually never did the flu shot thing until maybe 7 years ago.
I did it for about 3 years but decided to stop after getting a really bad flu.

I've since learned not to be so grossed out with little doggie kisses and this seems to have built up my immune system a little. Now at the first sign of the slightest cold, I take nyquil, sleep it off and feel much better the next day.

For me this works better than the NWO flu shots.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have never took a flu shot either, cannot remember when i had the flu. Being sick and having the flu are different aren't they.

I would think alot here would be like me, and cannot remember ever having it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
In 1996 was the last time I had the flu, and it was far worse than this so called swine flu. I don't, and never will take a flu shot. Never let the government stck a needle in you and inject who knows what into you. They don't tell you that flu viruses are weak outside the body and that you have to ingest it first. If you wash your hands during flu season, don't inhale when people cough in your face, and keep your fingers from your face, you won't get the flu.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
To be perfectly honest,i am not sure i have ever had the flu!

I hardly ever get a cold,and if i do,then it very rarely amounts to anything more than a slight sniffle and a croaky voice!

Here's hoping my good luck continues!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I last had the flu around 2000. I used to get the flu shot on a yearly basis, before 2000. I also remember having the flu on a yearly basis prior to 2000. I did not have the flu shot again until last September. The nurse was very hot and tried to be even more convincing. I took the shot just to humor her. I have not had the flu yet this year.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have never had the flu shot, neither my husband or children, and the last time we had the flu was a couple of years ago.

Though both my children have had strep throat this past month and so have been on antibiotics. It is interesting, as neither one of them have ever had strep throat before, and I have had them tested many times per symptoms.

My mom, who has a heart condition, has the flu shot every year for about ten years and has not gotten the flu since she started the flu shots.

I think each person, should look at their own health, and make the decision about getting the flu shot depending upon their particular situation.

I know that my children, as they get older get sick less often, I believe that is because they are building up immunities, compared to when they first started school. When they first started school, it seems as if they were always sick, always had a runny nose etc.

Harm None
Peace

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Whens the last time you actually had the flu ?

Probably have it right now.

Started Sunday. Sore throat. Congestion. Broncitis. Temp bouncing around. (It was 102 last night and couldn't sleep). No appitite. Sore everywhere (more than usual).

Last time before this ... 2 years ago.

Only difference - last time my skin hurt and this time it doesn't.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Some of you brought up an interesting point about a strengthen immune system ...

The type of work that I do exposes me to an above average amount of germs and I have often wondered just how much of a roll this exposer plays in building up my immune system . Also worth mentioning , do to the fact that my work does exposes me to an above average amount of germs I do tend to wash my hands a lot , this could also play a big role in me not catching the flu in years .

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am unable to take flu shots due to an egg allergy. I usually get the flu once a season and then feel better the rest of the year. Actually it depends on what kind of flu you are talking about. I get the respiratory flu yearly. I almost never get the stomach flu.

Let me tell ya, for a confirmed Obsesive Compulsive with sever germaphobia this media hype is hell. I try and avoid it when possible but sometimes that just doesn't work. I can't go through life playing ostrich.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am 51. When I was a wee sprout, I was forced to get a flu vaccine. For three years, it was like choosing when to get sick. Finally, my parents allowed that it was not all that great, and I was granted a pass. I've not taken a flu vaccine since, nor will I ever.

Last time I had the flu was in February of this year. It was weird. In fact, it was SO weird that I was searching ATS and other sites for hints of some manufactured pox. I was out taking sunset photos, and had rush home (across the street) because I had gastric explosions. An hour later I was vomiting, and this pattern replicated throughout three days. I suspected food poisoning, and even had figured out the probable source.

This thing ran the island, and everyone reported very similar symptoms. I wasn't able to hold down even small sips of water until the second day. I stayed hydrated after that, and avoided hospital. About that time, my Uncle and Aunt in the U.S. reported the very same thing, and that it was running their area. They live in the deeeep south -- U.S.

No fever. No chills, no sinus problems, no aches, just bipolar emissions. Middle strangeness.

Prior to that, my pattern is to get a REAL flu about every other year -- usually around November/December.... our peak tourism months.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiemann

I hear ya. Kind of makes Howard Hughes seem kinda normal within context of these times, doesn't it? I remember a time last year when I saw a buddy at the store, asked how he was and he thrust his hand out to be shaken, which I did. He then proceeded to honk and snort and tell me how sick he'd been with the flu.

I excused myself (true story) and holding the afflicted hand away from my body, picked up a container of rubbing alcohol with the other hand, then did this weird snake dance [my wallet was in the pants pocket on the side of the contaminated hand] , paid for it and went outside and deconned my hand. Funny, looking back on it.

I couldn't imagine what was going through the guy's head that he thought it was allright to be going around the store, shaking hands and telling everyone how he is suffering from this flu. [expletive]!!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
As far as I know.... never!

I've had pneumonia twice... once in my teens in both lungs and once when I was pregnant in 2003.

Edited to add... I was the most sick with the teenage bout when I was given anti biotics..

The one a couple of years ago was awful but I took no meds as I am a non vaxer , non anti B person / family now

[edit on 15-5-2009 by yzzyUK]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I usually do not get the flu. I aviod going out much during flu outbreaks and stay away from sick people. I have weirdest immune system I get ear infections 1 or 2 times a year; bronchitis every 3 -5 years and the flu only when I come in contact with it. The last time I got sick with flu like symptoms was back in 2003. I got really sick and slept almost 24 hours straight. I was better by the next day. If I get the flu I get it hard and it leaves fast. I used to take shots and I never got sick during that time. I constantly have other mild health problems but viruses or flus rarely. Then again flu or a virus does not just occur in a person's body naturally so that is probably why.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The one and ONLY time I have ever had a flu shot was when I joined the Air Force in 1992. To date I have never had the flu and I refuse to get anymore shots.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I too have never had a flu shot, and the last time i had flu was probably atleast 10 years ago but im not sure. I think i have only ever had it once and i was ruined for a good few days.

Now i hear people saying they have the flu yet they're talking to me in the street.

As a side note. The way to differentiate between the flu and a cold -

Cold - Your in bed and you see £10 in the street, you go out and pick it up.
Flu - your in bed and you see £100 at the end of the bed and you can't get up to get it.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
I am not the type of person to take the flue shot , actually I have never taken the flu shot and I have not had the flu in years .

I am just wondering how may of you out there take the flu shot and when is the last time you had the flu ?

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Max_TO]

Well, actually I have never had the flu shot either, I get sick with the flu every 4-5 years, I usually get colds, and sinus infections, more then I get the flu. I did have the flu last November. I had to work the day after Thanksgiving, and i was feeling blah all day, and sure enough that night I came down with the stomach flu. That whole weekend, my kids, husband and I were very sick, it lasted 6 days, i had to call out to work and the kids had to stay home. That was the last time I got the flu.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I've never had a Flu shot, and I've only had it once in my lifetime.

When I was about 7 or 8.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join