It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Anything Else Out There?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Is the appearance of life on Earth a fluke, or is the universe teeming with alien life? In a special broadcast from the Origins Symposium at Arizona State University, leading astrobiologists debate the origin of life on this planet and talk about the best places to look for other life in the universe.

Guests:

Ariel Anbar, principal investigator, NASA Astrobiology Institute team, professor, Arizona State University, Tempe , Ariz.

Barry Blumberg, M.D., winner, 1976 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, founding director, NASA Astrobiology Institute, senior advisor to the President, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Penn.

Paul Davies, cosmologist, physicist, astrobiologist, director, The Beyond Center, Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.

Peter Ward, professor, department of biology, The Astrobiology Program, The University of Washington, Seattle, Wash.

Within the link here is a 47min interview of the above guests, the level of conversation and research that has been performed and is being presented is something of great value to anyone who enjoys these type of subjects.
In closing i hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

www.npr.org...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
there's over 60 billion planets that support or could support life, so sure there's life out there, engineered; but life nonetheless

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yes im a firm believer of this, regardless of what all the religions say to us, how ever i found the interview very interesting. Its obvious from the first 10 seconds of listening to it that i was in for a wild ride with these well known scientists.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well I have to admit I tend not to trust anybody whose ever worked for NASA or who currently it does, for good reason.

Mind you I do believe there must be life out there, otherwise what is the point?

It's an interesting topic to which we all need to know the truth, unfortunetly the people who control us think that's a bad idea, for us to be "informed", so were still waiting in the dug out.

~Keeper

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
What a treat it would be if perhaps one day some person of similar caliber happens to stumble upon such a site and engages with the us in a similar conversation.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Dr. Stephen Beckwith (University of California):

"The Dawn of Creation: The First Two Billion Years"

All the great islands of stars got their start in the first billion years after the beginning of time, the Big Bang. Every deep picture of the sky reveals thousands of these galaxies, each made up of billions of stars like the Sun. Modern instruments like the Hubble Space Telescope have made it possible to look back to a time when the universe looked very different that it does today. Dr. Beckwith discusses some of the deepest images of the universe ever taken and shares recent discoveries about the early days of the cosmos.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
What a treat it would be if perhaps one day some person of similar caliber happens to stumble upon such a site and engages with the us in a similar conversation.

If they wanted, they could have done so through internet cafes, and anonymous accounts.

Either they are lazy to do anything, too obedient to their superiors, or being monitored very tightly 24/7.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

Originally posted by tristar

If they wanted, they could have done so through internet cafes, and anonymous accounts.

Either they are lazy to do anything, too obedient to their superiors, or being monitored very tightly 24/7.

I dont think there lazy but there are some out there who do engage in forums with anonymous names, obviously they live in a different world.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Is there anything else out there.
Well the ETs aren't talking to us.
Any anything else is truly guess work.
The hundreds and thousands of abductions must all be top secret
or nothing has been disclosed.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sooner or later were either going to be told or shown, so why the rush ?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I would believe it if there was evidence here on earth for continuing first life. There is plenty of life here but are there still brand new life forms happening for the first time here on Earth? I do not mean evolution I mean a repeat of the theorized events leading to first life. If that only happened here once then it would bring even more doubt that there is a lot more life out there.

Seems like there should be new first time life springing up here still...intelligent life only happened once here that we know of. Again that does not bode well for the chance of life like us out there.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

That depends on what you see as intelligence, we have only explored about 10% of what is in the ocean and the ocean covers about 70% of the planet earth. When you sit back and look at those stats you can see how intelligence life could avoid us if they wanted to without a single problem.

top topics

join