It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Monster, the sequel? Creature washes up on Long Island beach

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Nope sorry DOG! It's missing it's nose here is another picture. The question now becomes who is killing these DOGS?

gothamist.com...
timpanogos.wordpress.com...
www.hamptons.com...

It's a 'coon.

Could have been killed in a storm, been hunted, or chased into the water by another animal.
For that matter, it may have died on land near the water and the tide rose and took it.

[

[edit on 13-5-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
It's a 'coon.

Dog.
Montauk Monster

# Raccoon (The legs appear to be too long in proportion to the body.)
# Sea turtle (Sea turtles do not have teeth) The creature is said to be a turtle because it appears to have what seems to be a beak. But some photos, with different angles, show that skin and tissue are missing from the front of creature's face.
# Rodent (Rodents have two huge, curved incisor teeth in front of their mouths)
# Dog or other canine such as a coyote. (Prominent eye ridge and the feet don't match)
# Sheep (Sheep don't have sharp teeth)

The Montauk Monster

Reports also finally give it a size: from 2 and a half to three feet. Joye Brown suggests an otter, though I think the head of the "Monster" is too big. I’m back to the original guess of a dog, probably an unfortunate pug.

Hopefully this new photo will help experts identify the animal, as they also flipped their statements saying they couldn’t identify it from the original photo alone. And he will rest in peace, wherever he is now.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Didn't we debunk pictures like this ages ago?
This one appears to be a dog but the last one from memory was a raccoon.
I would be posting the old thread but i cbf finding it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Yeah basically. It was a few years ago.

I always thought raccoon. It's bloated and furless because it's dead.

It makes sense that more than one raccoon would die in this manner. I don't think it was planted. Maybe there's a raccoon population nearby that is really being infringed upon by cars and construction and somehow they keep ending up in the ocean and on the beach.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It was last July the first creature washed up on the shore. Then I think August or September another one but in Northport. Now the one in Southhold. Can not be a racoon the facts are stated above in another post. As much as people would love to think its a racoon. If anything possibly a dog? As I said I would love to see this one have DNA taken from it. Hopefully it fell into the right hands this time and we will have a logical answer.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
www.cryptomundo.com...

Someone on the site here did a pretty thorough work over of th exposed skeletal structure and paws of the critter.
Can't remember which of the Montauk threads it was in, at this point.
Raccoons have well developed paws, like the critter in the picture, almost little hands.
The legs appear to be long to our view 'cause we're not used to seeing raccoons without a large amount of fur, and the skin has shrunk a bit from drying out in the sun.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Monsterquest had an expert pretty much conclusively identify it as a decomposing dog. Some kind of terrier cross.

The new images I'd say are something very similar.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I say Dog.

This doesn't look like a raccoon.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
heh any one else find the little poll at the bottom with the option 'Turtle without a Shell' just the most funniest thing around...

I mean do people actually know anything about animal anatomy... a Turtle is its shell its damn spinal columns fused to the inside of it. Take the shell off a turtle and you get a gaping hole in its front and back letting you see its entrails for crying out loud

That aint no turtle without a shell.

To me the skull just looks wrong to be any of the animals listed or what people claim it to be. You'd think that with two of these things corpses having been found they'd have a skeleton by now they could match it up with...

or have they already?

Edit:- oh dear took the poll.. 13 thousand people voted its a turtle with out a shell, damn you Warner Brothers cartoons, damn you for making people stupid
Heh nice pics SLAYER69 hmm definitely a dog in that one (which would mean the new one most likely is the same).

Poor thing

[edit on 13-5-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm guessing this new creature is a Boston Terrier. Here's a look at what their skull looks like:
www.skullsunlimited.com...

and what this dog breed looks like:
www.advice.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

Boston Terrier doesn't have long fur. I think that looks like fur anyway?
It is a dog though

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
reply to post by Leto

Boston Terrier doesn't have long fur. I think that looks like fur anyway?
It is a dog though

The creature does not appear to have long fur to me.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is a strange coincidence, with evidence that the experiments are being taken up again, or ongoing. It is possible that these beings are coming through from another dimension, if the chair is being activated. Through my own research, I established there is a large subterrainian structure underneath the SAGE radar. I am willing to bet that security around the radar has been stepped up as well.

During one investigation I made into Montauk, there were rumors that the radar was allowed tomove freely with the wind, to prevent damage to the building. However in the 10 years I spent in Camp Hero, I never observed the radar moving once. Now it is moving and strange creatures are washing up on the beaches? I don't buy it.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Can someone please get the photo on Montauk-Monster.com and post it on here ATS. I don't know how and would like to compare photos.
Thank You

also: Fox news has video of the new creature

www.foxnews.com...

www.montauk-monster.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Leto

A Boston Terrier has very short hair. There appears to be hairs about 2 inches long in the photo. Boston Terrier hair is only about 3/4 of an inch in length.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am also wondering why nothing appears to have attemped to feed on the body ?
I forgot some fish on a stringer one time for about 20 minutes and the turtles had allready attacked 2 of them.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Below is a video link to the second "Montauk Monster".

www.unexplainable.net...

I hope the people that live in and around there are drinking bottled water.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Sadly I believe the truth is that these dogs were used in fights, instead of burying the dead dogs the dumped the body in the water, it probally floated up the east coast from Michael Vick's house.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That's one fatass rat. Maybe it's just really really bloated. Anyway, wasn't the whole Montauk monster thing proven a hoax on the Glenn Beck show? I seem to remember someone calling in about it being a prank

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
EDIT: all good

cool thing bro
edit on 11-3-2013 by Xarian6 because: .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join