It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Monster, the sequel? Creature washes up on Long Island beach

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Montauk Monster, the sequel? Creature washes up on Long Island beach

www.newsday.com

Just in time for summer, the Island's latest fad-slash-biological freak show is back in all of its bloated, pallid glory.

Reports of a Montauk Monster washing up on a Southold beach are circulating after the www.montauk-monster.com blog posted pictures and video on Sunday of what looks like a beaked, four-legged animal's carcass lying in sand.

-Click to see photos of the new and original 'Montauk Monster'

"The beast smelled like a mix of low-tide and rotten garbage," wrote Nicky Papers on the blog. "I couldn't help but take numerous pictures of it and video clips."

Video
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ok now can anyone figure out why strange creatures are washing up on LI. I know animals look different after being in the water for some time. Is Plum Island as evil as some people think? I have a relative who has actual been on Plum Island when they were researching a novel they wrote. So if I am lucky I will try to get through to that person and see if they can shed some light. May PLum Island is to blame? Any ideas? Anyone?

www.newsday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Did we ever figure out what the first one was supposed to be? Why it was skinned?

I'm sure there is a logical explanation... just haven't heard one yet.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

No one ever did find out what it was exactly.

"Experts" have claimed it was a dog, raccoon, fox, water rat, turtle (sans shell), or a Capybara. Honestly, none of those animals fully matches the description of the monster.

It was either a hoax, made by someone combining a few different animals, or a genuine mutant/undiscovered species.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So why didnt anyone take a sample and test it ?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

No one ever did find out what it was exactly.

"Experts" have claimed it was a dog, raccoon, fox, water rat, turtle (sans shell), or a Capybara. Honestly, none of those animals fully matches the description of the monster.

It was either a hoax, made by someone combining a few different animals, or a genuine mutant/undiscovered species.

No, it's a dog. Clearly. Their skeletons look a bit freaky without all that meat and muscle. All that bloating makes it look rather monstrous. But it's not a monster.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ok, well lets hope the couple who put it on ice have it looked at and dna taken. This would hopefully take away all of the hoo hah if it is a species already known to all of us. If not this could pose quite interesting. But from the picture and comparing it to the other picture of the creature that washed up last summer in montauk they don't lok the same. though it does remind me of what washed up in Northport on LI last summer, though that wasn't as well publicized as the original creature.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The first one was a hoax supposedly devised by the cartoon network:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

How can it be a dog? It has a beak!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I saw this one last year when it came up. It turned out to be a dog, the water makes it swell up and lose hair. Fish and other animals will eat away the soft tissues like the face and ears. Pretty creepy looking though.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Just like the beak of the original Montauk Monster, this one's beak is its protruding skull. That thing (likely a dog IMHO) has been in the water for quite a while and is decomposing badly. It's bloated, its fur is mostly gone, and the flesh is peeling back off its skull.

With the Montauk Monster it was harder to tell that the beak was skull because of the angle of the photograph, but with this one it's glaringly obvious. You can even see the entrance to the nasal passage.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It's not a beak, it's missing it's top teeth.
The montauk creature was talked about a fair bit, the ultimate identification of the creature was a raccoon.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here is another link I just found www.montauk-monster.com... Makes you wonder??

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the Montauk Monster is an escaped failed lab experiment. Does anybody wonder what happened to the failed "Dolly" clones? Apparently there were 277 failed attempts.

[edit on 5/13/2009 by DarkElvis]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

It's not a beak, it's missing it's top teeth.
The montauk creature was talked about a fair bit, the ultimate identification of the creature was a raccoon.

Nope sorry DOG! It's missing it's nose here is another picture. The question now becomes who is killing these DOGS?

[edit on 13-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If someone is killing these dogs and dumping them then the ASPCA needs to get involved. This is not a joking matter. Plum Island facility is supposed to be closing down. So is there a possibility they are dumping the animals they tested on?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Is it not possible that they were just dogs washed away at sea? Caught in a strong tide, etc?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Elepheagle

How can it be a dog? It has a beak!

As others have pointed out, it sure looks like a beak, doesn't it? Looks is the key operator here. Take a look at a dog with a long snout. Now imagine that the hair, flesh, ligaments, cartilage, and teeth are all stripped away from the snout. Ends up looking a lot thinner, and beak-like.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
yeah i just made a thread about this.. i couldn't find it on the breaking news forum?? anyway, if a mod can delete mine.

The new picture isn't that great.. there is no telling what it is. The old pictures were much better, hopefully more pics will come.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Nope sorry DOG! It's missing it's nose here is another picture. The question now becomes who is killing these DOGS?

It's definitely a dog. When the images first came out last year, one clearly showed some binding around the forepaws. A textbook case of an unwanted dog being drowned, the paws are tied to prevent it swimming to land.

During the summer where I grew up, the water level of the canal would fall. Sacks of drowned dogs and cats would be caught on the overflow ridges. Bones would poke through worn holes. Old greyhounds and failed fighting dogs would have their legs bound and be tossed in the water. It's been going on for years...

If folk want to see some hybrid critter, fair enough...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join