It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

astronaut carved on 12th century church wall in Spain??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
news.softpedia.com...

Has anyone seen this before? Any explanations? I find this fascinating!! Are we (humankind) just repeating history over and over? Thoughts or ideas anyone? .... this is just
!!!!!!
Sorry if it's already been discussed....

Edit had wrong link...sorry, guys and gals......

[edit on 13-5-2009 by rockhndr]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
i don't know what article your talking about, that link goes to the main page, i didn't see any picture... what did catch my eye was this

Laurance S. Rockefeller
(1910-2004)
2008 PRG Hall of Fame Inductee

that doesn't make me want to trust that group with anything

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Darth_Prime]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
sorry about that...the link should be fine now...

second line...snickers sounds good right now...lol

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I had posted the wrong link...sorry u wasted time Darth it really was an accident...(ever so humble apologies) but it is corrected now!!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If you read the comments it was added in 1992 during restoration.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
hmmm, something doesent feel right about this. Its definately an astronaught but the section its in doesent look as wethered as the one above and seems a little to clean.
Dont get me wrong, its interesting but just seems out of place.
I would say its a photoshop job or has been deliberately put there recently to promote some mystery.
I think the second picture shows that its a recent addition, with it having no chips or pitting like the section above.

[edit on 13/5/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
hmmm, something doesent feel right about this. Its definately an astronaught but the section its in doesent look as wethered as the one above and seems a little to clean.
Dont get me wrong, its interesting but just seems out of place.
I would say its a photoshop job or has been deliberately put there recently to promote some mystery.

Dude several people have said the church was restored and it was put there in 1992. LOL. You guys are hilarious. If it was actually put there in 1102 don't ya think it would be as famous as the Egyptian Pyramids or any other unexplainable artifacts?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Alright...I got it, but really wasn't sure whether someones comments were considered a fact...don't be cocky...Truly did not mean to waste anyones time...just wanted an explanation...you just verified...TY...mods please remove thread?? I really don't feel like being attacked.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
If you read the comments it was added in 1992 during restoration.

"
The astronaut, along with other contemporary symbols was added in 1992 during restoration work on the "new" cathedral. The person responsible for the restoration, Jeronimo Garcia, reportedly chose an astronaut as a fitting symbol of the twentieth century. According to an article about the restoration (in Portuguese - Click here for Google translation to English), it is a tradition of cathedral builders and restorers to include a contemporary symbol on the building as a means of "signing" their work."

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

What I find hilarious about this is that even if it was a 12th century carving, it would still have skeptics coming in saying, "No, it is not an astronaut, it's a man with bucket on his head!"

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockhndr
Alright...I got it, but really wasn't sure whether someones comments were considered a fact...don't be cocky...Truly did not mean to waste anyones time...just wanted an explanation...you just verified...TY...mods please remove thread?? I really don't feel like being attacked.

I'm not attacking you. But it only took a few seconds to read the comments and figure out a perfectly good explanation. Now if you can refute the comments than you have a nice solid argument/inquiry.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
TY gawdzilla for the "nice" explanation....

Doesn't feel like snickers anymore....2nd line....

funny indigo...and you are correct!!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
reply to post by rockhndr

What I find hilarious about this is that even if it was a 12th century carving, it would still have skeptics coming in saying, "No, it is not an astronaut, it's a man with bucket on his head!"

As the cathedral it is on was built in the 1500s, it MIGHT be an astronaut. Perhaps Charleton Heston, or Orenthal James Simpson?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Well if several means the guy above then yes he did post that but it wasnt there when i started typing which was after looking at pics

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's already been pointed out but the fact remains it's a very strangely written article.

The first paragraph presents the carving as some sort of mystery:

It features magnificent stone carvings on all its walls, but one of them is a bit more special than the others, so to speak. It bears the depiction of what appears to be a fully dressed astronaut in a space suit, complete with details such as the sole of his shoes. Nobody knows how he got there, or what a 20th century astronaut is doing on the walls of a 12th century religious building.

Then in the last sentence, it admits it was put there in 1992:

The astronaut there was part of a renovation process finished in 1992, when builders were asked to include modern symbols alongside ancient ones.

Huh?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Astonaughts are not credible.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Here are a couple of older threads about it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It gets brought up fairly often.

Personally, I liked the demon with the ice cream cone.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wow. I've never come across this picture before. This leaves only a few options. Time travel, remote viewing, parallel universes (that one's kinda reaching but the implications of this are astounding). Either way, according to science and history, that shouldn't exist.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Looks suspiciously like a renovated part of the church.

If you compare the block used with the spaceman carved into it and one on the (original) pieces above it, you can clearly see a difference in wear and quality.

Old churches often get renovated in keeping with the original style and craftsmenship.

I say 20th century "add-on":

The astronaut, along with other contemporary symbols was added in 1992 during restoration work on the "new" cathedral. The person responsible for the restoration, Jeronimo Garcia, reportedly chose an astronaut as a fitting symbol of the twentieth century.

hoax-slayer.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google is our friend!

[edit on 13/5/2009 by nerbot]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Eesh. My appologies. Added in 92' thanks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join