It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope calls for 'sovereign Palestinian homeland'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Once again, it does not matter what i or even you (respected as it is) beilive. What are the facts - is important. Ben Gurion was a leader of political party. Palestinian Jews were represented in UN by Jewish agency. And Jewish agency accepted partition plan.
This is a historical fact.
Partition plan was voted in UN in 1947. After this Palestinian Arabs rioted. Not vice versa. Hagannah did not burn mosque or killed Arabs as a result of a plan. Arab protesters burned synagogue and killed seven Jews. This kind of shows what population accepted the plan and what - did not.
This is another fact.
Off course this is not the start of violence, and Jewish militant groups had its share in killings. But not right after 1947 vote.
Then in 1948 (violence did not stop, there were hundreds killed on both sides during the 1947-1948 time table) after British mandate expired Israel declared independence. Palestine did not (naturally since it did not accept partition plan), instead war was declared on Israel by bordering Arab states and Arabs in Palestine. Israel did not declare war, just independence.
This is also a fact.
Palestinian (and Israeli by the way) refugees (million??? another search for truth stuff?) - hundreds of thousands of Palestinian and several thousand Israelis - are result of the war. Declared by Arab side. Actions of Israeli military probably are the main reason, but if there was no war - there would be no refugees.
This is not a fact. But high probability. Once again - best way is to check major newspapers of the time. It is not Israeli nor Palestinian propaganda.
Just in case you would like to search for real truth.
Sorry i cannot go along further, it is not the purpose of the thread.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Well, in my final post to you (as you are right, we have embarked on a side tanget) I would also like to briefly point out. Ben Gurion did not "get his start" as a political party leader any more than Arafat did. Things were not nearly as one sided as you presented I'm afraid.
-1939, Haganah blew up the Iraqi oil pipeline near Haifa
-1946 same group with cooperation with the Irgun bombed the King David Hotel dressed as Arabs, hmmmm
-Jan. '48 blew up the Semiramis Hotel
-these are simply a very very few examples if we got into ambushes, attacks, and massacres on Arab villages this would get very long.

Thank you for your time, and I would like to say that I respect your views as well.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
reply to post by searching4truth

Was he a member of the Hitler Youth - yes

Did that organization indoctrinate members with a hatred of Jews - yes

Has he adopted an anti-Jewish stance with this announcement - yes

It's hardly a huge leap, and certainly germane to the discussion if you'll forgive the pun.

What's wrong with being Anti-Zionist?...

At a fair guess 95% of the world's population hate Zionists with a passion and for good reasons, as outlined here in several posts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There, you'll also learn that being anti-Semite is being anti-Arab - NOT anti-Jew - since only about 10% of Jews are actually Semites, BUT 100% of Arabs certainly are...

To be more precise, if you're a Jew and you don't look like a Palestinian, since your skin is white, then chances are that you're a non-Semite Ashkenazi, representing around 90% of the Jews. Only the other 10%, the Sephardic Jews who have all the features of the current Palestinian population have a claim that their descendants may have once lived in Palestine: the Ashkenazi actually come from Khazar stock who once lived near Georgia and converted to Judaism...

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Solace]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Solace

Statistics are not a strong point in this post. If one uses percents, he should understand what they mean. But reading your other posts , i can understand that emotions and prejudice are enough for you.
So to your points:
100 percent Arabs are Semitic is not true. A lot non-Semitic people became Arabized in Islamic conquests. Otherwise Greeks of Syria ,ancient Egyptians, Lebanese and others would not be called Arabs now days. But their genetic/racial/ethnic background are not mine nor yours concern.
10 percent of Jews are Semitic - is also a lie. Since i know where you come from and what kind of information you feed on, this 10 percent is based on Ashkenazi/Sephardi percentage. Well, guess what - due to actions of someone who shared a lot of your views, Ashkenazi are no longer a 90 percent, it is 70/30. You guys should update your books, they are still based on Guebbels numbers.
And finally, anti-semitic is a term. I understand that it bothers you since people generally understand that being one is bad, and so changing the term would be positive for you, but term is term. Alas.
By the way, you should read about Wilhelm Marr. I think you would like him, but he is the one to blame for this term.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by Solace

Statistics are not a strong point in this post. If one uses percents, he should understand what they mean. But reading your other posts , i can understand that emotions and prejudice are enough for you.

Ashkenazi originally come from Central Europe - NOT Palestine - so they're NOT Semites and represent between 80 and 90% of the total number of Jews, according to this quote:

by the late 1920's about 90 percent of the 16.5 million Jews world wide, were Ashkenazim, a term now applied to Jews of northern or central European origin. Following the Holocaust during the Second World War, which resulted in the death of some six million Jews, the remaining 9.5 million Ashkenazim constituted 82 percent of the global Jewish population of 11.5 million.

israelipalestinian.procon.org...

Since I don't believe for 1 minute that 6 million Jews died in the holocaust, as NO convincing proof has ever been released, I can't see this proportion changing much over the years...

Whether it's 90%, 80% or 70% in any case makes little difference: the majority of Jews are NON-Semite, while the majority of Arabs are Semites, which is the point I was making...

So, stop the "Anti-Semite" bleating, which is NONSENSE...

Why would the white skin Ashkenazi claim Palestine as their Motherland and dispossess the rightful owners through killing and terrorism is beyond comprehension...

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Solace]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join