It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Security, Medicare Finances worsen...Well, They Are Going Broke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Social Security will start paying out more in benefits than it collects in taxes in 2016, a year sooner than projected last year, and the giant trust Fund will be depleted by 2037 , 4 years sooner than expected

These numbers will worsen and have gotten worse by 4 years since last years report, this economy is making this happen at an quickened pace.

Medicare is in even WORSE shape. The Trustees said the program for hospital expenses will pay out more in benefits than it collects this year, just as it did for the FIRST time in 2008. The trustees project that the Medicare Fund will be DEPLETED by 2017, two years earlier than reported in last years report.

There is just not enough money in the programs to grow to support the funds needed, and a worsening economy is moving up the Depletion dates.

These Entitlement programs are drowning in demand and not enough fresh
monies supplied, This will probably need to be "Bailed" out to the tune of hundreds
of billions , if not more.

There is just no good news on any front of the economy , everywhere you look ,
money is needed to shore up and give a extended life to survive.

Imagine now if you will , another shoe dropping.

Higher oil/gas prices

Another Expensive War

Commercial Real Estate crash

Pandemic

you get the idea........ cbs2.com...

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Seany]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This was predicted by economist years, I mean YEARS ago.
The programs are flawed and will not last.
Just imagine the public response when they find out that the money they paid into the programs, they arnt getting back.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Just imagine when Hospitals start putting up

.OUT OF BUSINESS

signs , lol

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Just imagine the public response when they find out that the money they paid into the programs, they arnt getting back.

Money that is rightly theirs to begin with!! My mom worked her whole life, and paid into these programs, so she could depend on them when she could no longer work. She, and millions of others, deserve this benefit a hell of alot more than some damn banks getting trillions of our money!!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

sorry to hear bout your mom's retirement

I hope this gets to be a priority for the government, but I doubt it, there
are still a few countries to declare war on

Its the American way

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This has been talked about on ATS many times.

The money they had put into SS their entire lives would be worth more if our government didn't INFLATE THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF IT.

Oh...and let's not even mention how they have raided the funds over the years.

My old man is on SS. If he didn't have a working wife...he'd be on the streets because there is no way he could afford to live on what he receives.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I guess your right , this is of no importance,

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Illegals have caused the loss of jobs for the last 30 years.

For every displaced American job there is one less American paying into the SS system.

For every American that's wage is depressed because of illegals there is that much less going into the system.

Then you add all the disabled Americans that have been disabled by corporate America and now are drawing SSI or SSD on the taxpayers instead of there disabilities being payed by the corporations that disabled them.

No wonder the system is running out of money.

Now you add all the insurance companies that use every trick in the book legal or illegal to keep from having to pay for medical claims.

When the insurance companies don't pay it fall back on the medicare system to pay.

When americans have to pay for the medical care of illegals it drives the cost of medical treatment up and when illegals displace american jobs there are less americans to pay for medicare.

When corporations don't pay for the people they disable and the taxpayer have to pay through medicare. for the disabled caused by corporate America
it falls the medicare.

No wonder the system is running out of money

Since corporate america is the one who hire many of the illegals.
they should be made to pay more into the system every time they get caught hiring illegals.

After a while it will cost corporate america more to use illegals then americans.

Since corporate America has been the major cause of disabilities among american worker for many years they should be held responable.

They should pay into medicare on a prorated system where if a higher number or there older ex workers in one company become disabled then another company the company with the higher numbers should pay more into the system for medicare.
This includes workers that become disabled years after they leave the company as many disabilities caused by things like toxic chemicals do not show up for years.
For many years the taxpayers have been paying for these ex-workers through medicare when they are no longer able to work and run out of savings.

Corporate america has been using the system for the last 100 years to exploit the workers and the taxpayer.

I know many here at ATS have worked for companies that if a worker starts have even minor health problems that effect the work there companies would start immediately trying to find a way to get ride if that employee.
before the employee found out that there health problems were cause by there job.

This is why the Americans with Disabilities Act has never worked like congress intended for it to work like.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by ANNED]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Illegals have caused the loss of jobs for the last 30 years.

For every displaced American job there is one less American paying into the SS system.

For every American that's wage is depressed because of illegals there is that much less going into the system.

Then you add all the disabled Americans that have been disabled by corporate America and now are drawing SSI or SSD on the taxpayers instead of there disabilities being payed by the corporations that disabled them.

No wonder the system is running out of money.

Now you add all the insurance companies that use every trick in the book legal or illegal to keep from having to pay for medical claims.

When the insurance companies don't pay it fall back on the medicare system to pay.

When americans have to pay for the medical care of illegals it drives the cost of medical treatment up and when illegals displace american jobs there are less americans to pay for medicare.

When corporations don't pay for the people they disable and the taxpayer have to pay through medicare. for the disabled caused by corporate America
it falls the medicare.

No wonder the system is running out of money

Since corporate america is the one who hire many of the illegals.
they should be made to pay more into the system every time they get caught hiring illegals.

After a while it will cost corporate america more to use illegals then americans.

Since corporate America has been the major cause of disabilities among american worker for many years they should be held responable.

They should pay into medicare on a prorated system where if a higher number or there older ex workers in one company become disabled then another company the company with the higher numbers should pay more into the system for medicare.
This includes workers that become disabled years after they leave the company as many disabilities caused by things like toxic chemicals do not show up for years.
For many years the taxpayers have been paying for these ex-workers through medicare when they are no longer able to work and run out of savings.

Corporate america has been using the system for the last 100 years to exploit the workers and the taxpayer.

I know many here at ATS have worked for companies that if a worker starts have even minor health problems that effect the work there companies would start immediately trying to find a way to get ride if that employee.
before the employee found out that there health problems were cause by there job.

This is why the Americans with Disabilities Act has never worked like congress intended for it to work like.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by ANNED]

your completely CLUELESS!!! and I will tell you this to your face if I could, I lived and worked in the country 25 years paid all my taxes and SS, supported 2 wives and 3 kids all AMERICAN. I will not be getting back one red cent of the money I put into YOUR system..... "No wonder the system is running out of money" your POLITICIANS stole it and your too Blind and ....... to realize it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
And we are all mad at Bernie Madoff. This is just one giant Ponzi scheme.

top topics

join