It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Top Rated NRA Senator to Introduce Gun Ban This Week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Democrat and member of the so-called Blue Dog Coalition, plans to introduce an assault weapons ban this week. Gillibrand, the junior senator from New York, was at one time highly rated by the NRA for her advocacy of the Second Amendment.

Source

Well it seems they are pulling all the strings in order to get rid or limit the ammount of weaponry citizens can attain and own legally. I figured the would pull alot of stops, however getting former NRA members or advocates, that's a stretch.

I wonder what else is in the works. Perhaps the NRA will end up advocating more restrictions and bans. In today's climate, anything is possible.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/12/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well, if you recall what happened in 1996 after they passed the last AWB- the Dems lost control. I think that they have not forgotten this and this will too be stalled or fail. I actually surprised that they haven't gone after the ammo like they considered in 1994. At the same time, I guess they really do not need to since everyone is stockpiling. However, they could limit the amount of ammo produced in the US and deny imports of ammo from overseas (based on standards).

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Its political suicide to touch the AWB, if Obama signs such an act into law he can forget his chances at a second term. Honestly given the serious issues before us wasting time on such nonsense as a bill that will accomplish nothing should be grounds for censure.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I certainly agree that it's not the time to be worrying about the 2nd ammendment and trying to ban certain weapons. There are many institutions and other matters that require the immediate attention of our government.

Then again, they do like their dog and pony show.

~Keeper

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Good for her! Her status as a "Junior Senator" will certainly be just that, a junior Senator. She is not likely to see another term! How much longer will these a-holes be permitted to gut the Constitution!?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I've always heard from certain people on this site who are adament gun owners that the top positions of the NRA have been infilitrated a long time ago and are nothing more than honey traps these days.Me being from the uk,although i personally dont want to own a gun or fire one etc etc my opinion has changed somewhat from good american members points of view and im of the personal opinion now that firearms should be legal in the uk.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

As long as they very well please, the people have shown time and time again that they are asleep at the wheel. Besides it doesn't really matter who is in congress they will shaft us -- its kind of the job of congress it seems.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Gunsmoke

I'm sure the Republicans would like nothing more than for the Democrats to start pushing bills like these and re-establishing themselves as the "Gun Control Party".

The GOP is so hopelessly adrift right now, any "wedge issue" that might help them regain some enthusiasm from their base would be like manna from heaven.

With Obama's first term looking more and more like Carter's second term, a replay of 1994 is the last thing the DNC needs right now.

I suspect initiatives like these are more for internal consumption and placating special interest groups in the party than for national attention.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I allready had this thread going....why did you all skip it ???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

My title as flashier, and in the breaking political news board, it happens sometimes.

I apologize friend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for replys,

Majic--I think your analysis of the situation is correct. The GOP really need to gain some ground here ,and if they can pull in some support against the DNC, they might fare better in 2010.

Then again, that court be all arm flailing. Perhaps a bigger test of the waters to see how the people will react?

~Keeper

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It's hard to believe that they would try this honestly. Think about it.. Guns are probably the best industry in the U.S. right now.

It's amazing to walk into a gun store and see the ammo shelves almost bare, and to see only the most expensive AR-15s up on the shelve, waiting to be sold.

It could be a great way to help the economy, they could even start producing "Green" Rifles, guns, and ammunition.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I don't have the money for an decent AR right now...If this passes it's going to suck for me.

Hopefully some in congress will see the light here, but I'm not confident this will be the case..A gun ban right now could spark a major revolt. And I would welcome it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You know those sensational shows like Jerry Springer, or Maury Povich?

I watched one the other day that had these 14 and 15 year old girls who are trying to get pregnant, collecting baby clothes from neighbors garbage, one, a 15 year old girl with her "man", a 14 year old boy, as a couple, they were trying to start a family and have a baby.

One of the obnoxious teens was a black girl, the rest were white, all were filthy mouthed moralless, non-respectful, invincible adolescents from the new generation of family-less, value-less, single working parent upbringing and all talked smack to their elders and PARENT(s) without regard for their own family or any other...

It was almost like watching Bernanke smirk at Paul as Ben side-steps the hard questions or refers to the federal reserve act when deciding to involk non-responsive testimony.

Well, the wanna-be teen mothers and the one 14 year old wanna-be teen father are taken to a shelter for teen parents and to a grave yard of unmarked graves of children killed on the street and such to give them a "wake-up call".

After the "tour", they all reversed their desire to have children and the tough smack talk returned to child-like whimpers as they pleaded in tears for their mothers to confort them.

Mission accomplished.

Back in the day, before the government became infested with hypocritical sociopaths and pseudo-psychotic liars, kids like those mentioned above would have been disciplined with corporal punishment and if that didn't work, a mauling that would restore order and return the child to it's proper place in the ladders of society.

Today, if you were to even spank a child reeking of such vile demeaner, you would have CPS investigating you for abuse and you'd be rung through the system, whether evidence needed to be fabricated or planted, as if you were nothing more than a sopping wet towel on a clothes-line during a rainy torrential downpour.

I have a suggestion.

Why not take these representatives and,
say, if you want to author a bill to ban an "assault rifle"
(also known as a semi-automatic rifle, for, it does not discharge multiple projectiles repeatedly with one pull of the trigger),
and
take them to a place such as El Viso, Ca.

After dragnetting and banning every firearm from the area, drop them off in the heart of the hood or, "suburb", with a suitcase filled with the cash from all the contributions they received from gun ban advocates,
and,
since guns are banned, they need not worry of being strong armed because anyone with a gun would be in violation of the representatives law.

If they had been rolled for their cash and made it out alive,
there would be a physical examination performed.

Those examined and found to have two black eyes shall be impeached and discluded from regaining their congressional seat.

All others, would then be taken, by helicopter, into the deep woods and dropped with only a compass, a map, a knife, a nine volt ever ready battery and a steel wool pad. They must make it back to civilization.

If they are not mauled or they do not fall prey to the wild beasts of the forests, and do make it out, they then may return to congress.

Why would those with two black eyes be impeached you ask?

It's quite simple really...

What do you say to a congressman with two black eyes?

Nothing. You already done told him/her/it twice.

Should they disenfranchise those who they represent, then they have not only failed to perform their obligations, mandates, oaths of office and actually, they should be held criminally liable, indicted, found guilty of high crimes, treason, and conspiracy to use their position for personal gains, conflict of interest, felony fraud, and other acts warranting incarceration, but they have concecrated pacts against us and will be delt with even more harshly than a pot smoker under the Rockefeller drug laws..

Nominees of the Darwin Award are to be deported to the African Congo,

THose left will be impeached along side the ones with two black eyes and all others guilty of malfeasance and worse.
Don't make me tell you a third time, foo'!

These bills are a waste of time, money and representation
should they harbor caustic tendencies, they will be forced into switch fetching coupled with first hand experience of the use of the switch followed with a trial by fire.

This one, (as Senator McCain may address her) that plans to introduce the bill in question,
I say:
"Shut your lips. Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips.

new topics

top topics

join