It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know of Bachelor's Grove Cemetary in Illinois

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
From time to time a place by the name of Bachelor's Grove Cemetary in Midlothian, Illinois comes up in paranormal conversations I have (I live relatively close). I've researched online, and while it all sounds very spooky and fairly convincing, I'm not entirely certain about it. I would eventually like to go out there, but being as I'm a big chicken I'm mostly afraid that the stories are true
. Has anyone been out there and would you share your experience? Or has it been debunked? Here are some links for those that are interested that may not know what it is.

www.prairieghosts.com...
www.ghostresearch.org...

[edit on 11-5-2009 by searching4truth]

[edit on 11-5-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I live about 15 minutes from bachelors grove and have been there a few times. Its closed after dark the best time to go and the cemetery it self is always off limits. I personally haven't experienced anything unusual with the exception of a over all creepy feeling. My brother was a cop in the woods there and says he never experienced anything weird but he is a huge skeptic. I'm on the fence but heard plenty of weird stories from other people.I always wanted to sneak in there at night but never can find anyone to go with.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wow, so your brother didn't see anything odd, that's too bad. I had been reading an article about how two cops had seen and taken reports of all sorts of activity, including a horse coming out of the lake. But as usual, there were no names or any way to identify the "witnesses" only their stories.
Since it's so close, if I could muster up the courage, I would like to go. I've been to Resurection Cemetary a few times, and I drive past it a lot, but I've never seen anything odd there either. Shame. I went out to Maple Lake off of LaGrange, just for a fishing trip not ghost hunting, that place can get pretty creepy. I hadn't expected it, I'd never heard of it, so we were plugging along in a row boat on the side near woods, was just......not right, very creepy, I would not go over there in the boat. It was weird bc as we were leaving we saw a van for some local paranormal society taking pictures, I told them they were on the wrong side, or try taking pictures of that particular area, all sorts of bad, not necessarily spooky creepy, but evil creepy near or in the woods. Next time I go I will bring my camera.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

like i said my brother didnt see anything but im not so sure he would admit it if he did. i never been there at night, i would like to go with some infrared film. heres a cool sitewww.prairieghosts.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

It is along this deserted road where other strange tales of the cemetery take place. One of these odd occurrences is the sighting of the "phantom farm house". It has been seen appearing and disappearing along the trail for several decades now. The most credible thing about many of the accounts is that they come from people who originally had no idea that the house shouldn’t be there at all.

The text above is a small paragraph from the prairieghosts.com site linked in the previous post. I have seen this "phantom farm house". I was about 18 years old and drove past the place with my cousin as a passenger. I was aware of the stories, then. We both saw the house and turned around to look for it again and, of course, there was no house. This had to be about 1975 when this happened.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by yasny

Wow, that's crazy!!!!! I think that is part of my thin skin regarding this place, I've been to a few others, but this one for some reason scares me from the safety of my home. I know its dumb, eventually I'll get the strength to go. I wonder though, I know someone that used to go camping near Bachelor's Grove as a child, at the time (early 70's) she said that they were hiking and could see the cemetary from their path and she had seen one newly dug up grave with the casket open and thrown about and a broken string of possibly pearls or something similar. She said that the older teens used to go and do all sorts of drugs and dig up the graves. I wonder if they had left well enough alone if there would be less activity. I had seen a picture on praireghosts.com of a woman sitting on her or a headstone, made me think she was trying to protect it, as I had just heard the other account.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

In the 60s-070s i heard of a lot of vandalism and even devil worship, A friend of mine said he seen dogs strung up from the trees in the early 90s, not to mention all the suicides that take place in those woods, As i sad before my brother use to work in those woods and would tell me about all the suicide victims he had to cut down from trees and the mutilated animals! defiantly some bad vibes goin on there.

I would like to go there at night with a group but theres no were we could park our cars were they wouldnt be seen by the tree pigs!lol! i really dont want to get arrested, fined and have my car towed and impounded!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have been to the location numerous times, both night and day. I have not seen anything, but have felt things. Sometimes one can feel a presence of some sort. I once came across a dead dear atop a pile of sticks. A more pleasant experience that was not necessarily paranormal is the extreme friendliness of a chipmunk on visit. I was last there about two years ago.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I was thinking of heading out, don't know about BG yet, but to some places I've been before, and I was going to try taking some more pics. I've always had digital cameras, I haven't had too much with my old one, but it was a p.o.s. anyway. So, I had purchased a new one and will try it out with the ghosties. Do you know if a digital is as good for this purpose as, say a 35mm? I was just thinking perhaps there is more to be found on the actual film as opposed to a memory card.

top topics

join