It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad luck bimbos: Intelligent women have better sex, study reveals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

In my experience, most men absolutely want an intelligent woman; as long as intelligent is defined as "just a little bit dumber than me". If they start worrying that you might be "smarter than" them, things go downhill quickly.

You mean most men are insecure and want to dominate their women.
Am I right? because thats the only conclusion I'm gathering from that.

There are some exceptions, men who actually are proud to think that they've atttracted and held a smarter woman. And even better, men who aren't worried about who's smarter or who knows more

So decent men are the exception:bnghd:.

If you have to worry about what your partner thinks of you or one of you feels the need to be superior then its not a relationship worth keeping.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
My experience is that a great deal of women want a man that they can intellectually dominate. In this day and age, when smart women can support themselves, and darn well, they don't depend on men anymore to be the bread winner.

The other side of the coin is that women still control the sex, and breeding, which means smart women get to choose what they want, and they know this, because they are smart.

I guess it comes down to what people want. Do you want good sex, or do you want to be in charge? Most will go for both.

The end result of this major shift in the balance between the sexes over the last fifty years is that we are having fewer and fewer children.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiscoDave

That's not what I said at all. I said that in my experience (which may not be average, or normal, or representative) most men will say that they are attracted to smart women. On the other hand, again in my experience, they often become insecure or threatened if they start thinking that I might be "smarter than" them.

Insecure about intelligence does not mean "not a decent guy."

If you have to worry about what your partner thinks of you or one of you feels the need to be superior then its not a relationship worth keeping.

I agree.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
My experience is that a great deal of women want a man that they can intellectually dominate. In this day and age, when smart women can support themselves, and darn well, they don't depend on men anymore to be the bread winner.

A reason for that could be fear. In Australia, 40% of deaths and injuries to females between 14 and 40 is caused by violence from a male they were close too. I'm not saying that means men are worse than women. The fact is, many people, when unhappy and frustrated, will find a way to hurt whoever is closest. That is easier for men, and tradition has tended to excuse men of responsibility for mistreating of women.

The other side of the coin is that women still control the sex, and breeding, which means smart women get to choose what they want, and they know this, because they are smart.

I envy those who are smart, confident and mature enough for that.
I was too slow and stupid to have a clue in my married days. I thought loving a guy enough would solve everything.

I guess it comes down to what people want. Do you want good sex, or do you want to be in charge? Most will go for both.

In a good relationship, being in charge is a game and you can switch places. You don't want to always be on top, do you?

The end result of this major shift in the balance between the sexes over the last fifty years is that we are having fewer and fewer children.

Yes, it's by far the best way to reduce the population.
And for far less than the cost of the Iraq war we could have educated the world and had women everywhere having fewer children.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by Kailassa

such an interesting comment

What men frequently overlook in choosing a mate is the sound of her voice.

I understand what you're saying - especially about the screeching and cackling :-)

but what made you think of it?

Long story.

I'm a Clinical Masseuse, like a physiotherapist except poorer because I fix most things first visit.

A guy wanted me to massage his mother as a Christmas present, as she was so wealthy there was nothing left he could buy her. So I was driven to their mansion Christmas day to massage her before Christmas dinner.

She was funny/crazy, and thought it was a joke and that I was her son's girlfriend, and when I insisted I was just a masseuse she stripped naked in front of everyone, lay down on the luscious Persian rug and dared me to go ahead. Son grabbed some sheets, and I massaged her reasonably respectably. But then she insisted I stay for dinner and kept treating me as her daughter in law, and by the time I left her son was glowering furiously at me.

So I was very surprised when the massages continued until they left for a holiday in England.

When they returned, he brought with him a wife, a real English rose. (Which surprised me even more, I was convinced he was gay.) She was supposedly a masseuse too, a long-nailed aura-massaging one, and looked quite like me. But one difference was obvious as soon as she opened her mouth. And she could not shut up for more than 5 seconds, or lower her voice. If you walked into a big, crowded supermarket, you'd know straight away if she was in there.

They ran a hotel, and I was recommended to guests there who wanted healing massages. After one visit, during which guests I was massaging overheard her squawking rudely about them and complained to him afterwards, he drove me home and told me how they were selling the hotel, and buying a riverboat to cruise the Murray.

"I'm just hoping I can survive a year on a river-boat with her voice without pushing her over board," he confided in me.
Terrible as that notion was, I couldn't help but understand how he felt.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

That's not what I said at all. I said that in my experience (which may not be average, or normal, or representative) most men will say that they are attracted to smart women. On the other hand, again in my experience, they often become insecure or threatened if they start thinking that I might be "smarter than" them.

I presume too much, can I be presumptious again and say alot of the men in your experience were.... .. ..insecure! or are men really that insecure?

I hate to think my gender is that backward, although when you look at the state of things there is alot of inequality amongst men and women on many levels.

Insecure about intelligence does not mean "not a decent guy."

Yeah but its hardly on the way to making a decent guy, as you said, if that kind of thinking is present in your relationship things go downhill quickly.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

reply to post by poet1b

I envy those who are smart, confident and mature enough for that.
I was too slow and stupid to have a clue in my married days. I thought loving a guy enough would solve everything.

I guess it will be dishonesty allround as the smart women tries to get a smart man into believing that crap and fathering her children.

Do you think when she stops being power crazed she'll look around and say she missed out on something like family.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by DiscoDave]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Well it certainly seems almost obvious that an intuitive, intelligent person is going to be a better lover. Sex does require some skill, good sex that is......

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
yea inteligent woman are sexy i guess,but when shes smarter then me..its not wright Xd and really sexy

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Long story.

:-) excellent story

I'm a Clinical Masseuse, like a physiotherapist except poorer because I fix most things first visit.

funny

..."I'm just hoping I can survive a year on a river-boat with her voice without pushing her over board," he confided in me.

Okay - very good :-) the things we don't always factor in when first attracted

I love this topic - there's so much here - and I still wonder - the Bimbo Voice...

why is it - and what is it's real power?

I hate comparing intelligence - but, sometimes that voice is a real clue

it seems to attract more than repel - at first

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

reply to post by poet1b

I guess it will be dishonesty allround as the smart women tries to get a smart man into believing that crap and fathering her children.

Do you think when she stops being power crazed she'll look around and say she missed out on something like family.

I'm not sure who you're addressing here, but I've got three wonderful adult offspring, and I did have a genius IQ.

Btw, you're anger is starting to show you up in a different light.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

Well it has been said that the female thinks when having sex were as the male is more of a physical primate.

I do hope that makes sense

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

I'm not sure who you're addressing here, but I've got three wonderful adult offspring, and I did have a genius IQ.

Yeah!

Btw, you're anger is starting to show you up in a different light.

Yeah I did write the word crap but I'm not going to apologise for you being judgemental. Thats got to do with your interpretation on life founded on your experiences.

FFS Kailassa thats bad! show some civility don't throw half-assed accusations, especially about something like that what to you want me to do be nasty back at you.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Men tend to be physically bigger and stronger than women, so when a man physically retaliates, it cause far more harm and damage. I think if you could get an accurate account, you would find that women physically attack men far more often than the opposite, but because they rarely cause any real damage it is ignored. That being said, there are a great many men who live in relationships with women who constantly abuse them emotionally and physically. I have observed too many relationships where the woman constantly puts down the man, but he dare never say anything negative about her, or that could be construed as negative, or she will become more emotionally abusive.

Ideally, any healthy relationship should be about give and take. As a couple develops their relationship, they should learn who is better at what, and then allow the other to take charge in those areas. Still, there will always be areas where both want to be in control, and those are usually the important things, like buying a house, or how to raise the children. Then they need to learn to take turns, try one approach, and if that doesn't seem to be working, try the other approach.

This is where we as humans need to learn to evolve. In the past, men ruled, as women depended on them for survival. A good man gave his wife her say, and a bad man dictated how everything went. Now, women are not dependent on men, and in my opinion have the upper hand because men are so biologically programmed to desire sex. In addition, the family courts in the first world nations have also chosen to take the woman's side a majority of the time, giving her the home and control of the children, and a chunk of the man's paycheck, which has made the situation much worse. Who suffers the most? The children do. Children need both parents, that is what nature has established, and it makes sense on many levels. Anywho? I should get off my soapbox.

And for far less than the cost of the Iraq war we could have educated the world and had women everywhere having fewer children.

Do you really think they are going to let us do that without a fight?

That was a good story, thanks for sharing. I would say that there is a difference between the annoying voice, and the bimbo voice, which tends to be the little girl voice. This is another well we could dig.

Anyway, back to sex. Australia you say, hmm, that is a long ways from California. Always wanted to go to Australia.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DiscoDave

I would have to say that you should be so lucky that a smart woman would want to bear your children. That is an amazing gift. Personally, I love being a dad. It gives life purpose.

What seems to be happening, is that a lot of intelligent people are not having kids, and wind up growing old alone out of stubbornness.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
my motto is the dumber the better. and if their emotionally disturbed too then it is a home run.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

well of course it makes sense. I do prefer men that can manage more than a few grunts though........... is that what you were getting at? lol!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

i dont have time to grunt more than once. thats why im looking for a hot alzheimers patient. she wont remember the previous 20 seconds. thats what im talking about. i am going to try hanging out in the frontal lobotomy lobby to pick up some chicks. might be a grand slam

[edit on 14/5/09 by Brain Damaged]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You hit the nail right on the head. :-)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I presume too much, can I be presumptious again and say alot of the men in your experience were.... .. ..insecure! or are men really that insecure?

I think most people are insecure on one level or another, about one thing or another.

Also, I suppose that running into that kind of insecurity in a relationship could go either way. After all, people do grow in relationships, and someone who at first is threatened by the idea of maybe not being the "smart one" might also come to terms with the idea, and realize how limited it is.

Going back to the original point of the thread, I think part of why smart women have better sex is that they are less likely to see sex primarily as a means of getting a man.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join