It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land of the Lost Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
There is a new Will Ferrell movie coming out called Land of the Lost.

In the trailer they show a scene where they encounter what appears to be an alien species that is obviously of reptilian origins.

There is another scene where there is a crashed UFO in the background.

The use a time-travel device to go back to the time of dinosaurs and apperently see some things they weren't taught in school.

Does anyone know more about this flic?

movies.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I saw a trailer for this today. I am not a fan of Will Ferrel so I wont be seeing it. To me it looked really cheesy and typical WF movies but hey many will watch it. Have you tried IMDB?? Here is a link to the IMDB page for the movie.

www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It looks kinda funny, I'm not a huge fan of Will Ferrel.

This is why people laugh and joke about UFOs and everything discussed here, they see a movie, with stupidity in it, comedy. Ergo people relate this to whats discussed here. Simple.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Wow I must have been living under a rock. They made a Bigscreen Movie?
When I was a kid I remember mildly liking this show for about a year.
Sleestack 1973-1974

[edit on 10-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Wasn't the Land of the Lost a T.V show way back when ?

I for one will go check it out when it hits theaters

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Max_TO]

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So what? It's a FICTIONAL story probably written by some hollywood nerds.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yeah, this was a TV series in the mid 70's. The "reptilians" were called sleestaks and, if I remember correctly were recurring characters. It does appear to be a stupidly funny movie.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I don't like Will Ferrel much but I figured I would post the trailer here in case anyone wants to see it and doesn't feel like looking it up.

Maybe that dino will eat him

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I didn't realize that it was a send up of the series.

I also wasn't refering to Will Ferrell's comic genius or that I liked him at all.

I was wondering, was the script written using things that are talked about in the UFO circles? Are they referencing things that we see in some of the books and videos?

I guess most of this movie will be just a knock off of the series.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
oh come on even with will ferrel you cant stop from seeing it.

remember that horrible intro song.
awwwwwwwww i loved that song!

ill pay the 8 bucks just to see that if its the high point and they do it right.

we all dreamed of that happening to us secretly as kids so count me in, thanks op

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Random fact:
Will Ferrall played Marshall Willenholy in Kevin Smith's "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"

So it's pretty funny to see him playing this Marshall fella in this.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I did not know that, how cool.

I loved Land of the Lost when I was a kid although i'm sure hollywood will totally destroy this "remake"

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
land of the lost on TV ripped!
every kid i knew was totally into it. the sleestacks! great reptilian ref.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yeah Will Ferrel isn't the greatest of actors, however I grew up on the tv show of this, and am in to scifi type movies, so this is definately on my watch list.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Wasn't the Land of the Lost a T.V show way back when ?

Wasn't really it's own series... If I remember right, it was part of Kroft Superstars, along with Dr. Shrinker, Sigmund the Sea Monster, The Bugaloos, etc. It was one of the ones you'd always hoped would be on that day...and got bummed if it wasn't...

The movie looks even cheesier than the original (going with an alternate dimension idea vs. time travel), but a little cheese now and then is good for the system...hehe...

Nostalgia alone will make me go see this...and I'll cheer if Chakka gets eaten by Grumpy....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
We still have the vhs copies I think, I recently saw them when I was digging around in my garage, maybe I'll upload them if I spot them again...if its ok...??

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The SciFi Channel is airing a Land of the Lost marathon on Memorial Day!!!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

ha ha ha ha ha
I can't wait.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I also noticed in the movie "Zoolander" Mr Ferrel played Mugatu, a reference to the old Star Trek. I wonder how many people got that one.

Trivia from the imdb:

The Mugatu was a monster from an episode of the original "Star Trek" (1966) TV series. It looked like an ape with curly white hair and a single horn on its forehead. Which was why the same name character played by Will Ferrell made the frustrated comment in the end centered around ..."and I'll be a monkey's uncle..."

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
oh boy will ferrell gag me with a rusty spoon. He really isnt that funny, some of the movies he was in where entertaining like elf...ya know what thats the only one I can think of. His earlier stuff on SNL was good then he went down hill, I think he tries to hard to be funny.

This movie looks interesting and I might be able to overlook his appearence but this is going to be a dvd renter for me.

and personally I liked the 90's remake of land of the lost better, the reptile creatures where more intelligent ( somewhat ) and looked more humanoid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join