It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain: Thousands join Army to escape recession

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I think you're quite right there. If my history serves me correctly, this happened during the Civil War, when the Bill of Rights 1689(or so) placed the allegiance of the army to Parliament and not to the Crown.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

We can only hope that they would think before they act, but again if they were to do the clean up the ones who wont follow orders before they start thier terror, we can never really know what will happen till it does, I mean i would assume on a humanitarian level if they burst into a house with a child holding a doll they wouldnt shoot her ( i would hope) but then again look at what the russians did to the germans (although that was a bloody and vicious payback for what the germans did to the russians too)

however I believe that the compassionate side of the grunts would still come through, but would it be enough for them to stop from shooting into the mob of angry protesters throwing molatov cotails and brandishing knives and chains? probably not as thier instincts would kick in at that point and thier brainwashed training would serve to keep them safe. But as for my example of kicking a a door and seeing a child holding a doll, again i think humanity far outweights thier training. (although if we look at some affrican wars and south america too, would that little girl really be safe from harm?)

As for the oaths, Here in canada (well back in the 90s) we only went over to England to stand before the queen to take the oath when we were promoted to Warrant Officer. and then i think it was every third promotion after that we had to reaffirm our oath (without the queen being present). Sadly i do not know if they continue it this way anymore.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
from my experiance in the army i would say 95% of troops would open fire on civvies for the simple reason they are brain washed from day 1 to follow orders no matter what! i know if 10 years ago i was given an order to fire on civvies i would and im pretty sure the other lads would aswel!

Back then i didnt know what i do 2day so i wouldnt know any difference. I cant speak for everybody in the forces but im sure if there are any ex british soldiers reading this now they will probaly back me up.
Shoot first,ask questions later...................

Sad i know but thats a soldiers life,Amen

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is coming to the US. It has been so for a while in the inner cities and poor rural areas, but it will reach record numbers as people see themselves less and less able to eat. And with the government always looking for recruits, it will form a vast army. And some will revolt.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has seen the latest British Army advertisment on T.V. It portrays a run on a compound in what doubles up as Afghanistan. The way it is filmed immediately caught my attention. As a man who has played First-person shoot em ups such as Halo, Medal Of Honour, it is filmed very much in the same way with the gun levelled like in a game, and the operation all going swimmingly without any 'fog of war'.

They know what they are doing(The Army), and who their target market is(Young, Unemployed, Bored, Male), and for some people it will be good for them. It will provide some discipline and focus, i just worry about when they try and reaquaint with 'normal' life. We have seen what has happened in the U.S. Massive suicide rates www.presstv.ir..., up to and possibly surpassing 600. And massive amounts of crime being commited by ex-soldiers,marines etc, www.usatoday.com... this just one of many examples.

Hopefully the restriction of gun sales in the U.K should prevent anything like this, but i just worry for the men themselves and their immediate friends and families, what they will see in Afghanistan would send any normal person insane.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join