It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain: Thousands join Army to escape recession

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Britain: Thousands join Army to escape recession

www.globalresearch.ca

The Army is nearing full strength for the first time in a generation as the recession is prompting thousands of young people to sign up.

Recruitment rose by 14 per cent in the six months to March 31 compared with a year earlier. It is expected to reach full strength in 2011 after years in which it struggled to win recruits.

There are also fewer people leaving. The number who quit the Armed Forces in 2008 dropped by 8.3 per cent year on year as fear of competing in a shrinking civilian jobs market persuaded more to stay on. […]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
how well is working crises for the NWO. fear is making them stronger and stronger. the army which is a the basic instrument of control is getting stronger. there is the more less the same situation with police forces. and it is hard to belive that police or the army won't stand against its own fellow mates. they will be also scared to do so (I mean most of them - there is a lot great people there who won't take the orders, but most will do so).

plan works fine IMO

www.globalresearch.ca

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Doesn't sound good at all, and with the recent news that some schools will be turned into military academies is also scary indeed!

But at this point I want to congratulate those that have created this master plan to takeover the world, steal all freedoms, and making one depended slaves, but on the other hand, we asked for it.....

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Clairaudience]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There are #load's leaving.

And my local recruitment building is running like a ghost ship.

Where do they get this cod's wallop ?

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
As much as I hate to say that this is working for them, it is.

But there is another facet, it takes more than just an army to take control, you need an army willing to kill it's own citizens if they refuse to cooperate.

That's something they probably wont' even accomplish, not through normal means anyway. There will always been corrosion in the ranks, which will lead to mutiny.

I think they are far too confident in their plans at the moment. They do not realize that there are about 6.7 Billion people on the planet who will stand up and say no at some point or another.

They better hurry it up with the population control if they intend to win.

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

thanks for reply. unfortunatetly I think you are a little too optimistic. I think that most of that 6,7 bilion should say "no" long time ago, and what they did? nothing.

we are in a really big troubles. we can change it if we are going all to make a stand and say "no" as you wrote. but I do not see it coming in that media controlled world. you are going to watch in the news that things are getting better and wait. wait forever... and serve.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

Ofcourse things are going to get worse before they get better, that's the nature of things.

In order to change a system you have to destroy and rebuilt it anew. The time for the destruction of our current system is close at hand, I'd say in the next 20 years or so there will be some fundemental changes to our societal, political and economic structures.

For good? Perhaps, some for bad? Yes definetly for greed will always exist, but the problem is keeping those people in check. Which is why true democracy is somewhat impossible as there is always another agenda.

People will only say yes, thank you for what you're giving me oh mighty NWO, for as long as they feel they are getting taken care of, there will be a point, when they try something completely ridiculous and utterly wrong that people will stand up and say No.

It's a very simple thing really. All you need is to get an entire country to take 1 single day off of work, and boom, you have have your government back.

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
One of my friends went to see about signing up only last week,and the recruitment officer told him that,he had never seen so many people interested in signing, up as he had recently!

Could be an element of truth to this story after all!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1

how well is working crises for the NWO. fear is making them stronger and stronger. the army which is a the basic instrument of control is getting stronger. there is the more less the same situation with police forces. and it is hard to belive that police or the army won't stand against its own fellow mates. they will be also scared to do so (I mean most of them - there is a lot great people there who won't take the orders, but most will do so).

plan works fine IMO

www.globalresearch.ca

Well Yes most will hopefully not take the orders to kill thier own, However during Basic training here in Canada we are basically brianwashed to believe if we fail to carry out the commands it could affect our friends and further down the line our families. We are taught that if we dont shoot, not only are we in for a whole load of trouble, that enemy could potentially kill a platoon down the road or even injure the man standing beside you. We are also taught that the guy next to you is better then your brother cause you need to put your trust in him that he will do his duty and keep you safe, like you will do for him.

Im sure the NWO and the Army officers have had alot of training in weeding out those who are unfit to carry out thier orders. Sadly to say that before they even pounce on us little guys, they will be doing some major house cleaning. Especially since they have now admited that they are almost up to a good number of troops again. (they lived with a smaller amount of troops for thier plan, so why wouldnt they be willing to weed out the bad eggs?)

I pray the day doesnt come, but if it does and we have to face the army, I am not putting any stakes in that maybe the guy in front of me with the riffle wont pull the trigger, wont obay that command to fire. I will probably just bend over and kiss my cheeks goodbye. Chances are your not going to hear the shot comming. Cause if it doesnt come from the guy in front of you, one of his buddies will do the job for him.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

Bob on Mate. The British Army has been downsizing since the mid (18?)90's. There has never been a shortage. It has been at the strength that policy has dictated for always.

It's run on a shoe string, taken for granted, ill equipped, fed on 5h1t and kept in the dark, but HMF has NEVER been short on volunteers. Trust me.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by anubis9311

Yeah, you make sense, however we are not dealing with soldiers that are specifically trained to fire on their own.

The brainwashing that is army boy comraderie only works when your fighting in somebody else's country. There is a fine line between the people a soldier feels bad about shooting and the ones they don't.

In a foreign land, you will be more apt to follow orders to the T, kill anybody they tell you to and not to as questions.

However when you are in your own country in and landscape that you are familiar with, there are massive doubts if it comes down to klling your own or putting a bullet in the person who told you to shoot.

Let's not forget the lessons of WWI. Officers were being killed by the hundreds by their own men because of stupid orders and the fact that they had never seen the battlefield before hand.

~KEeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I am expecting same as you. my trust that the army is going to stay with people is very limited. I am sure some will do but generally I know that most is "brainwashed" and they will follow orders.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I agree with that and i hope it is the truth, However the NWO is well the world, all they have to do is tell the Canadians oh your going to france cause they are rioting, Oh you French Soldiers are going to Germany, Germany your going over to Canada. Its a pawn game, move your troops to thier best effective places, then presto, German soldiers (who are adpet at following orders are not going to disobay like you say when not facing thier own.

Besides we have the proof that amercian soldiers will fire on thier own with the whole riots in the 60s (I dont remember the name of the school). The army was called in to retain order and ended up shooting thier college fellows. China we all know they will shoot first, French soldiers might not shoot, but bring in thier Legionaires who arent from that country and start presuring them to shoot and they just might.

If the NWO really wants to do it they could. It would take alot to really stop them, however it would also take alot for them to get the gears in motion to act quickly. I personally believe we will see it comming. Maybe not weeks or months ahead but we will have a couple of days warning before TSHTF.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
There are #load's leaving.

And my local recruitment building is running like a ghost ship.

Where do they get this cod's wallop ?

Take care.

Regards
Lee

Well said, this is sad scaremongering with no hard facts to back it up. That said, it's a credible read to your average Joe. I myself would've joined up if I didn't feel it would be a waste of my intellect (don't want to sound an arrogant twat, I just think given my educational background I'd be wasted in the army).

I think the army is an honourable, manly and decent calling, and anyone who fights in the British Army is, in the words of Melchett "alright by me and welcome to marry my sister...". HM armed forces is one of the only institutions left in Britain that still does the country proud.

One thing I wonder about the British army: would they fight for the NWO or, at a more tangible level, the EU? Would the Army turn its guns on their own families if the EU or government commanded them to? Would they fight for a cause that undermined the sovreignty of Britain?

My romantic image of the British Army tells me 'no fcking way'. I don't think the British Army is like that of China or the US. They are not trained with the same emphasis on dogma and obeisance. But maybe its a point for debate. Would the British Army just 'follow orders'?

If anything, I think they'd try to exploit the animosity between the Scots and English, especially given the large number of northeners/Scots in the army and Special Forces.

Personally, I think the officers would be the first ones to disobey orders. British army officers are often well-educated old-school patriots; I know quite a few ex-Majors and Colonels. I wouldn't be surprised if entire regiments mutinied against orders to turn on the populace. But not if the government is able to perpetuate the myth that the British people have 'a gulf' with and 'don't respect' the armed forces and that hooligans and terrorists run the streets.

I hope the army doesn't let the government's fearmongering and manipulation get to them.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by FMLuder]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Plus alot of soldiers that have left in the past few years have gone back to the Army.I myself have been out 10 years and i would say 60% of the lads i served with and got out have gone back in

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
As much as I hate to say that this is working for them, it is.

But there is another facet, it takes more than just an army to take control, you need an army willing to kill it's own citizens if they refuse to cooperate.

Why do people persist in believing that your own troops must be willing to shoot their fellow country men.
Although they did during the civil war, what we have now is a completely different ball game.
foreign troops would be introduced to control the population, Canadians watching Americans for example.
or even British or Australian troops sent in as peace keepers.

It doeasn't matter how long people stay in the military, if they have been trained and leave they are much easier to call up to active duty, it means they don't need basic training again and can go straight too the front.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Huh, well that kind of bursted my bubble there. You are right, that would be a very good way to get them under control. Introduce troops of another country to police the people.

What I am wondering is if those non-active members of the military would put up with such a thing, or if the people would.

It seems like that step would require alot of "jumping" through the hoops so to speak.

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FMLuder

I have tremendous respect for the British military and I have always seen them as the ultimate fighting force. If it came down to it I don't think they would side with the EU as they take their oath to the BRITISH monarch, not to some politician in Brussels.

Actually, does the army take an oath to the monarch or is that just the RAF, RN and Royal Marines? I thought I read somewhere that the army does not because they don't have Royal before their title although many of the individual regiments and corps do.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
now you see why they needed the recession..to drive the young men / women into the army and prepare for world war 3...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The British Army and so do all the other forces take the "Oath of Allegiance" to the British Monarch so to say......will dig my oath out and post it here in about 30 mins.......its all BS and it doesnt mean anything anymore....its just a formality

[edit on 10/5/09 by parrallel]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join