It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time travel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

lets just say orbs are eyes

they are looking and trying to understand and learn.. its another "human" checking out reality

Or at least trying to understand its own.

its makes sens .. you can not be physical in another universe only take a sneak peak and watch!

the "lights" are eyes from another "race" it could even be another human "type" or us in another universe.. checking it out!

i mean logic would make me understand a few things in order to say what i am now do not get me wrong here im not god..

But.. a lot as happend in my life and i dont say what i do out of wild speculation iv always based my life on math an science
but i do know things some dont..

In order to time travel would require a universe for each "time" if we was all in the same universe and traveling back and forth "considering how old we think the universe is" then would it not be different?

you see in order to have all this madness we find needs to be understood

time is real and so is our universe but the universe is only one of many questions its alot bigger and has more to it than we think

Most people think humans are the apex of life on our little rock when infact you a no differnt from a fly a tree ect

you have a reason to be here and that is to keep our little question going..

Now in order for us to change the question one would need an answer! so thats why we have other universes.. spooky i know

But life itself is a requirement in order for the very function of a question to know its own answer

we do not know who or what is asking a question but it has many questions just like us.. after all it put us here

we can not affect our own universe.. or it would be so messed up it would not even have got started! but what we can do is visit earth in another universe!

now that is the spooky part one day a human may in fact visit our time line and want to make it how it wants it to be "it may not be happy in its own" or it may be trying to understand why the hell its asking why its here

but dont ask it gets you no where "hence symmetry and infinity" they are both questions "or m u know representations of one"

so we can time travel.. but its not in our universe.. its always into a parallel universe

it has to a stay constant and function.. the question is needed always in order for it to all work!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is actually a quite good topic, one worthy of thought and discussion. It's unfortunate that no one has yet addressed the OP. I suppose members see the words, 'Time Travel,' in a title and immediately suppose it to be a platform from which to toss out personal pet hypotheses, or perhaps to discuss the various perceived mechanics of such. That is understandable, however, when one feels some emotion or passion for the spawning theory. You see? I'm already doing it myself.

To consider a manner of collecting data (building a receiver) in the present, from an event (transmitter) which may occur in the future, is a wonderful example of 'sideways' thought process. To step aside, look at the end result of a project, and then determine a methodology aimed to validating the eventual existence of said project, has merit and potential which might otherwise not have been realized. Data could easily result in entirely new methods of moving forward (thus creating, in some time travel theories, a 'paradox'). It certainly opens new avenues of thought.

With reference to your suggestion of National Security, I do understand the thought process, but find it unfortunate. As unlikely as it would be, I would much prefer to see the military, security, and governmental aspects as peripheral rather than primary to any such endeavor.

As a sidenote to the topic: I do recall a Science Fiction short story some years ago with a similar premise; however, both the author and title escape me at the moment.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The movie "paycheck" starring Ben Affleck and Uma Thurman is a good movie depicting a "looking glass" type machine. They can not go physically into the future but can just view it. In the movie the corporation that built it ended up controlling the government! It is a good scenario to think about.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

hey JK

that is the point i was trying to point out if we "us and aliens" all had time travel in the current universe it would snap

We can only see a alternate universe we can go inside it but then it gets harder as you wont be affecting the one your in "or was"

its confusing but it has to stay logical always

Each time line has a universe

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Maybe you would like to have a look at this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Haven't seen the movie, but sounds interesting. Looked it up, then checked eBay and found it for about $6, including shipping, so I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

A 'time viewer'-type apparatus has always held appeal. While it would seem a more 'practical' (read: near-term technologically possible) application, it would not necessarily preclude physical time travel. I see it more as the equivalent of watching satellite TV from the other side of the earth - that certainly doesn't mean I can't get on a plane and travel there as well. Two completely different technologies and applications; however, both exist.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Time is a creation of human curiosity. Time does not exist, we simply use time to describe matters transition from mass into energy, see there is a set amount of matter in the universe, it is either in a volumetric mass state or it is in an instigative state we call energy. The universe is expanding, being pushed out by the big bang, but these objects have mass, and will eventually collapse in on itself. After all the mass colapses it will not be able to hold all this matter in a single point, so we get a big bang again.

So time is the simple transition of mass into energy, and energy back into mass.

As the universe expands and cools it becomes solid.

As the universe colapses and heats it becomes energy.

Entities with mass will always pull towards one another. (what about magnets? well thats a force. force is when energy is applied to a mass.)

Energy is contantly moving, sucking particles from objects of mass as it passes through them on its journey away from the center of the universe, it will cool and become a mass and will then journey back to the center of the universe.

So that is the basically where time comes from, we use time to calculate this interaction of matter, between masses and energies. To be completely honest I feel that the universe is on a predetermined path, and if you disagree with that, well that was a predetermined disagreement, every particle in this universe has a set destination, these particles make up the chemicals that control our emotions, they make up everything, so if your having a bad day, just remember that its not your fault its the particles following their course.

Why does all this exist?
Maybe our universe actually resides in an atom, the same atoms that built this universe, and there are trillions more in all the other atoms, maybe if we split the wrong atom we could accidently split our own universe.

Read, ponder, good day.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I really do appreciate all the replies. It is all very interesting. We cannot stop another country from attempting to communicate in time. I hope we have began to research and development of such devices ourselves, so China or Iran or some worse scenario does not occur.

Sadly, if communications through time, even just messages to the past, is possible then someday, someone will build the first working receiver , and may become the most powerful "Entity" ever.

I would be surprised if Russia does not already have a research and development program. I hope we do.

A human need not travel into the past to change it. We only need to send ones and zeros. If Ron Mallet's theory of warping space with lasers has any merit at all, it could be used to do exactly what I fear could happen.

Ron Mallet Wiki

Imagine if someone like Osama Bin Laden was to be the first person to receive messages from the future.

Most scientist admit time travel may not be impossible. If we create micro black holes a Cern, what is to stop us from using them to send a signal through them? Even if they only exist for a moment.

It should be something our government is pursuing as an imperative, until it is proven that sending messages to the past is impossible.

It has good uses as well. Perhaps it could warn us of disasters in time, to save lives or prevent them etc...

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Xeven]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snowcrash
For what it's worth; which is almost nothing; I know:

When you go back in time, you create a Universe that is different from the timeline you know - automatically. You create a whole separate Universe and a whole separate timeline. And yes, you can talk to yourself. - You are now granted the status of two separate beings, which you are now.

When you figure out how to travel faster than light, you will also figure out how to travel in time.

And we did.

My theory is that if you were to go back in time, you wouldn't CREATE another timeline - it's already there...

Thus being that there are an infinite amount of parallel timelines, or even dimensions.

I think everything has been done already, and I mean action-wise.
It's a gigantic concept - for whenever I myself talk of infinity, my head starts to hurt...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
My theory is that if you were to go back in time, you wouldn't CREATE another timeline - it's already there...

Thus being that there are an infinite amount of parallel timelines, or even dimensions.

I think everything has been done already, and I mean action-wise.
It's a gigantic concept - for whenever I myself talk of infinity, my head starts to hurt...

Well, I believe there is only one time line and that time line can be changed. If you travel to the past and kill your father you will change the future and never be born but...you removed yourself from the time line in order to travel back. You would essentially change what happens next, but you the time traveler would still exist though you could not then watch yourself grow up and no one would know you.

What things have happened in our recent history that seem out of place and maybe a result of future knowledge? Russia sure seems to be acting oddly. They really have nothing to fear in the world yet they seem scared, and are acting erratic. Do they know something? How bout JFK? Would he have done something to hurt the US so was eliminated by the future?

If we could send him a message to warn him... would we? Should we?

Would we want to stop Pearl Harbor? Would Japan warn the emperor of incoming US planes with Nukes?

If we could stop some of these things, what if it results in worse things happening later?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I watched a documentary not too long ago that stated that one of your American Bowfins was about to complete a device for receiving messages from the future. No message could possible exist from the past as the equipment had not at that time been created. I have no idea if it came to be or not.

So you have the scenario that the equipment is sitting there switched on. Now who in that lab is going to be brave enough to send an item of news from the future, it could be minutes, hours, days, years or millennium. The point being here that they could change everything around them for better or indeed the worse. This particular Boffin imagined that the device would fill up instantly as the on switch was engaged.

An interesting point here is at least it would tell us sitting here in this time line that there is in fact a future. It also says that perhaps all time has occurred and indeed that time it’s self is just an elusion. An interesting point is that for the young time seams to move slowly but after the age of 21 or so it gains in speed accelerating into your old age, so do tell me if this is not true for you.

Anyway one of the points I am making is it is very dangerous for any country to have this ability and I am most defiantly including the USA.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Another point is even if someone where able to manipulate time either now or at some point in the future, we would never know.

Simply because all knowledge of that event or not as the case would be, will be of the alternative reality. For example if the Saxons had have won the Battle of Hastings in 1066 then that would have been the history we had grown up with. So for all any of us could possibly know history could be being altered all the time and we would have no way to know the alternative.

Therefore that being the case even the time traveler who enters the past and had successes in the manipulation of an event would return to the future and have no recollection of an alternative out come of that event. In that he in the future would have grown up only knowing the history that he in fact crated. Yes it make your head hurt. So if this is true the past and therefore the future can not at least be knowingly be altered.

Dose this mean we do not have free will and all or time is just being played out like a CD.

Have I just stumbled on the truth.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Actually I think it's more like phasing into one of the multiple worlds within our own 3rd Dimension. Theoretically you cannot go forward or backwards into your own time because being creatures that exist on a physical 3D realm, time is linear to us. Once it is gone, it is gone...our perspective holds us in that linear track as well as our physical limitations. We don't have the natural ability nor machine to grant us the forces that would allow for us to bend gravity and rip a hole into the aether.

We are never really ever on the exact same spot twice and never could be within at least 26,500 years to the crazy power of a really high number...give or take a few years

Could it be possible that we do leave somewhat of an energy signature on each spot we breeze through? Could it be more complex? Yes to the possibilities of both I would think. Most of us only consder as far out as our thinking allows us without going deeper into the grand scheme of things out of the comfort zone. We don't really need to know it so we don't trouble ourselves with information like our non-constant positions in relation to the universe, not just a place like our home or on a larger scale, our planet. For example, if you stand at the foot of your bed on December 21st of 2009, mark the exact location of your feet on the floor and then go back to stand there on December 21st 2010, on the planet you're going to be standing in the same spot but on a universal scale, you're going to be millions of miles off your original mark in conjunction to the rest of the show. You're going to be at a different distance, orientation and angle from the galactic center, therefore a totally different spot in the multiverse if it does indeed exist.

If you view alternate or parallel universes by visibly imagining a looping or coiled form you can divide all possibilities into numerous slivers..like each nanosecod of your life. On one parallel universe you are five nanoseconds older than you are now...that "you" will always be five seconds ahead of this "you" sitting there currently - doing things that you are going to do because another variable will alter your course of fate by way of your free will. Some levels you could be doing exactly the same thing. Deja Vu can be explained by this as in impression of a "memory" that you have had previously elsewhere but haven't done it physically here yet.

The EVP recordings that paranormal researches get could plausibly be used as some proof to this. The people on the EVP's are probably very alive and well in their own "timeline" and the researchers themselves probably appear as some form of hypernormal phenomenon to them. If you notice, most EVP's have the "spirit" entity saying things like "who are you?", "where are you?", "you don't belong here" or a simple scream because they're frightened. The paranormal researchers appear as "ghosts" to them in their perfectly normal world on another plane of existence. Sometimes the wires are bound to get crossed especially in conditions that permit an emission of a higher frequency or little bubbles of energy. I'm sure other possibilities exist, but this is the one theory that I came up with that makes it all sensible to me. My brain hurts beyond this so that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

It may be stupid, but hey, it works and can explain many things!

As far as time travel, if we found a way to bend gravity efficiently we could possibly find a way to move from one of those loops to the other that I mentioned for you to imagine in physical form earlier in the post.

That means on a macrocosmic scale, the infinite possibilities of hundreds of billions of you's, each with a free will is moving through their own path in the model of time as a coil or set of rings instead of being linear like we imagine because to picture it otherwise really doesn't affect our day to day lives so we never think about it.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Invisible Drone]

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Invisible Drone]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
In conclusion, this is why you could effectively go back in time and kill your own grandfather before your father was born and not disappear...you would be killing the grandfather of an alternate YOU.

Who knows, maybe one day a paranormal researcher from another parallel universe will trigger something and appear as a ghost to any one of us....depending on the level of energy they use or accidentally stumble upon, they might also appear in one fo many forms depending on their "allowance' of manifestation energy. Notice, most really good EVP's always come from areas over concentrations of crystalline quartz or during highly charged atmospheric conditions; I.e. thunderstorms.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by jkrog08

now that is the spooky part one day a human may in fact visit our time line and want to make it how it wants it to be "it may not be happy in its own" or it may be trying to understand why the hell its asking why its here

That could be our perception of God and Christ. We don't understand what the hell a God is, if one even exists. This concept is very interesting and it makes me think about religion. If this were to happen, we would look at this time/dimension/universe traveler as a God. Our brains cannot fathom what he is doing, defying everything we have ever known, so we worship him. Like I said, very interesting. I'm going to keep thinking about this for a while.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

it hurts in a good way tho

hehe

sorry for the short post im making up for the shotness by saying im sorry for it

wow i love words! hehe

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Now would be a really bad time to bring up John Titor, eh?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Invisible Drone

lol i really need to find out who this triter person is

im going to do an ats search

thanks!!!

ntopic:

its all about the question really, well understanding it !! understanding why it is you ask why if you get me drift?

/me goes to search for Mr Titor

ok wow he sucked LOL !!!

and - r

[edit on 26-5-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snowcrash
When you go back in time, you create a Universe that is different from the timeline you know - automatically. You create a whole separate Universe and a whole separate timeline. And yes, you can talk to yourself. - You are now granted the status of two separate beings, which you are now.

When you figure out how to travel faster than light, you will also figure out how to travel in time.

And we did.

Somebody once told me (dont know if this was intended as a joke or not , but it at least seems plausible , even thou I have a different theory) that this is how all the parallel universes happened . Firs there was only one universe , and then somebody , somewhere , somewhen invented time travel , and well you know the rest

top topics

<< 1   >>

join