It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany moves to outlaw paintball.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Germany moves to outlaw paintball.

news.bbc.co.uk

The German government says it plans to ban combat games such as paintball, in response to a recent school shooting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Is this governemnt intrusion gone too far, or do you believe this is justified? Why/why not? Will this continue to be tolerated by people? Is it fair? Will the ends of this law justify the means?

Personally, I believe that this move is a possible sign of a government out of control, at least partially. I'm interested in your views.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
how is this alternative news?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
How is it not? I'm new to the forum, so hey, I don't quite get it yet. PLease explain?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The government doesn't fully understand the concept of wargames, instead of seeing them as a teamwork based game and one that encourages exercise whilst catering for those that enjoy a bit of combat based fun.
They just see it as a nuisance with out doing any research and believe that in the public's eye, its the best course of action.

The same thing happened in the UK, with the Sport Airsoft, fortunately we did fight against the ruling and scored a partial win - Allowing us the keep the sport going but have restrictions on purchasing, as well as implementing an ID scheme.

The problem is, like banning drugs, general statistics show that actually, the problem increases.
If they ban paintball, then I think as well as an arguable backlash (As paintball is HUGE in Germany). They may find that the game will go underground and will be played anyway

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Already a thread on this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes it's disgusting

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kliskey
If they ban paintball, then I think as well as an arguable backlash (As paintball is HUGE in Germany). They may find that the game will go underground and will be played anyway

I think that really depends on the consequences for owning paintball paraphernalia and using it. It's not like drugs where the reward outweighs the risk; paintball may be fun, but nobody's going to risk going to jail for it.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
how is this alternative news?

I would definitely consider this news relevant to people who are interested in the idea of a new world order, it's certainly taking away a freedom from the German people.

They are on dangerous grounds here. It is a step further, to attempt to suppress ideas that may influence violence, than to attempt to suppress the actual tools used.

Once they do this, and outlaw something with such a tangential link to violence, to maintain consistency they will have to ban most books, video games, movies, television programs, and a number of sports.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Please contribute to the ongoing discussion

Ongoing

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join