It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange rumble in the sky

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surreal_Magi
You sure your not on any drugs?

What's up with your post?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I live in Indiana and heard what your talking about. This is my first post on this site.. I have only, until seeing this thread, been a visitor to the site for the past few months and have only recently started taking an interest in "alternative topics" over the past year and a half. I experienced the same strange sound today around the same time. I live in east central Indiana.. I cant tell you the exact time but it was close to around noon when I heard it. It was definately not thunder. I thought it sounded like an airplane at first that was flying low but then it also sound choppy like a helicopter? If that makes sense. It did not sound like something I have ever heard before and I was indoors so I did not see anything that would have corresponded to the noise. I should also mention I have heard many helicoptors in the past when they do their marijuana searches, I live in rural Indiana, and it did not sound like that. It lasted I would estimate around 1 minute maybe 1.5 minutes tops. It certainly lasted longer than something flying bye at that low of an altitude, assuming if it was an aircraft, it was at a low altitude to be as loud as it was in my opinion. All I can say is I remember thinking "what in the heck is that" and then did not put much more thought into it until I saw your posts.. Well thanks for inspiring my very first post on the site. I'm sure there will be many more to come because there is so much going on in the world and feel as though I am 'waking up' and expanding my mind to these topics.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon Levon

I should also add that I also observed that the rate of noise did not change as it passed either.. Which added to the "weirdness" of the noise in general.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ats jeanne! Glad to see you come out of the woodwork

Question: do u have any warehouses or plants nearby that could produce the humming thunderous noise? I know here there is a metal fabrication plant almost a mile away and it makes loud noises. Just a thought.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It could be the “Aurora” being tested. I read somewhere that it’s propulsion is some kind of repetitive controlled explosions.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I think I know what you are talking about. I am sure it has happened all the time before, but I never recognized it until a few months ago.

I was sitting in my media room and heard a rumble that sounded like a very low frequency rumble. Unlike traditional thunder, that has a clap or a rumble that lasts only a few seconds, it lasted for several minutes.

It lasted so long that I started to wonder if it was a real audible sound or if it was in my head. Eventually it stopped.

Since then I have noticed this type of rumble several times. The most recent time was tonight. There was a tornado warning in effect for East Tennessee, USA. I decided to go outside and watch the clouds roll in, since it was clear enough to see the stars when I heard the warning. I went outside and started to watch the sky.

I saw a lot of stars and then after about 45mins some very, very, low clouds started to roll in. There was no lightning, but a very low frequency rumble became audible and lasted for several minutes.

I have no idea what it was, since there was no visible lightning. Maybe it was a rumble that was made by the wind. Kind of like Tesla's experiment, where he speculated a little vibration can bring down a huge building.

Maybe wind causes a very low resonant frequency that creates a sustained rumbling affect. Just a theory.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Whats strange is I went outside to feed the dog and I heard a strange thunder like sound here in Los Angeles. My mom and brother came outside to ask what that sound was but the sky is CLEAR! I was confused..... Im looking at the sky I hear what seems to be some thunder like sound for a good 5 mins and there is nothing in the sky... happened just 15 mins ago....

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
GOOGLE "SKY QUAKE"

I've seen numerous threads on subjects like these since joining ATS. There were also reports in the news of a similar thing occurring in California and Virginia areas.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by beautyfrompain
This reminds me of the one time I was in Montreal and I went outside because it sounded like we were getting a storm. Turns out it was a beautiful night with no lightning or rain. We heard consistant [think thunder that doesn't end at all] for about an hour.
I started to panic a little thinking it was some kind of explosion.
Seriously, after a few minutes and it did not change, I started looking in all different directions expecting the possibility that the ground was going to ripple up toward me.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanne22

That would be it; I got my estimate of time by adding it with the time of the phone call, after I could not hear it anymore.

Also, welcome to the site!

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Brandon Levon]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lighter78

I have been wondering lately if they haven’t been covering the skies with something to make the clouds more dense, something that would cover the view of the sky for various reasons that I can think of just off the top of my head.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Hmm that it interesting Brandon.. That u say "been covering the skies". I have thought about this before, the skies have literally been blind to me. Leaves the whirlwind right open doesnt it? Not that i have been paying attention really but for a reason that i have not seen, many others also! I do look at the skies and sounds all the time but i've been able to come to my own conclusions and have not thought out of the box..

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Thanks for the post, that verifies that it at least lasted at a steady rate from central Ohio, across Indiana, into part of Illinois.

Has "anybody" noticed any spraying of the skies, have there been any strange tic tac toe patterns in the skies of these areas in the past few days?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon Levon

Has "anybody" noticed any spraying of the skies, have there been any strange tic tac toe patterns in the skies of these areas in the past few days?

Oh yeah! The ChemTrails have been laid out heavily around here for over six months. At least five out of seven days the skies are covered from east to west. I've been watching since last spring. It is getting worse and ever more frequent. So very, very sad.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

That might explain something else as well; did you get that strange type flu that has been around here? It is almost like it makes your brain feel mushy, cloudy, and the back of your head hurt when you try to think about anything.

It has a strange feeling, the fever comes and goes. It basically is the same symptoms as the swine flu. Your post makes me wonder if it wasn’t coming and going every time they laid a new layer.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

No. But back in January I had visited one of my kids in KY for a couple days. Once I got back home, I got very sick with fever, sinus infection, lethargy and muscle pain/weakness and a deep respiratory infection. It lasted about 3 weeks. I still have pain in my lungs but since I've been a smoker since I was 12, I assumed that is the cause.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I live in Peterborough, England... and on 2 separate occasions I've heard a low rumbling sound which echoed on for around 5-10 minutes. Both times the skies were clear of any aircraft. The seconds time I went out and took my video camera with me, to at least record the sound, but the skies were more or less blue, with only a touch of cloud.

It sounded exactly like an airplane flying over, which I initially believed it to be. Then, after a few minutes, it got louder, and I suddenly noticed that it had indeed been a few minutes. My only explanation was that a plane was circling my area (or my house). I'm gonna see if I can find that video... I recorded it on my old HDD camcorder, so hopefully it'll still be on there.

Though I do admit that I felt a little silly stood outside pointing the camera up, so I'm not sure how long the video is. I'll be back...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon Levon

It has a strange feeling, the fever comes and goes. It basically is the same symptoms as the swine flu. Your post makes me wonder if it wasn’t coming and going every time they laid a new layer.

Atmospheric pressure does have an effect on the brain and respiratory system. Ions.

I'm in UK, but saw an article on the news about a highly uncommon weather anomoly. Like a very long wall of cloud streaching across the horizon. Also, they showed footage of a stadium colapsing while a soccer or baseball? game was being filmed.

I wonder if there's a connection?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
rumble.? might be an UFO under a tarn-shield...ore shumann resonance...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join